I’m rounding out 2020 with some quick and easy crochet projects. My 2021 Here We Come Hat is my newest pattern and it and is made with only 84 yards of Bulky Weight Yarn .
This means, you can make 3 adult hats with just one Caron Swirl Cake with this pattern.
My new hat pattern matches last week’s cowl pattern too. If you missed it, here’s the link:
If you share your finished hat on Instagram, share it with #ODCMakers so I can see it too! I check for this hashtag frequently and add new finished projects to my Instagram Stories!
Remember this project is just one of the three brand-new hat patterns today!
Learn more about our Scarf of the Month Club CAL below:
For our 2020 Crochet Along, we are continuing the Scarf of the Month Club and adding a little twist.
This year we will be hosting a Scarf and Hat of the Month Club CAL. This means you will get 3 brand-new scarf patterns and 3 brand-new hat patterns each month.
PLUS, each Designer will be offering a PDF copy of their pattern, for free, for 24-hours!
Look for this button in our pattern post (scroll down for mine!):
Be sure to visit each of our sites to get your coupon code to receive free PDF copies of our 3 Hat Patterns.
The PDF coupons are only available for 24-hours!
If you miss the free PDF pattern, don’t worry because the patterns will always be available for free in our posts online.
If you still want the PDF copy and missed the CAL coupon, you can get a copy from my Ravelry Shop for 50% off (coupon expires January 15, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET) using coupon code 2021HAT50
For the 2020 Scarf and Hat of the Month Club CAL posts that are already available please visit my introduction post here: Announcing the CAL
For my previous Scarf of the Month Club CAL patterns visit these posts:
December 2020 Hat of the Month Club CAL Patterns
2021 Here We Come Hat
Visit: Rhondda at Oombawka Design
(scroll to the bottom of this post!)
2021 Here We Come Hat Pattern
PIN this pattern for later here!
Create your project page on Ravelry here.
Get the PDF for FREE today (December 27-28, 2020) from my Ravelry Shop!
Don’t forget to enter the Coupon Code
to get the PDF for free.
Link to Ravelry: https://www.ravelry.com/redeem/oombawka-design?code=2021HAT
Double check your total is showing free $0.00 owing
and click “checkout now“.
Refunds will not be given for improperly applied or forgotten coupons.
If you have trouble making the coupon code work please contact me before you pay so I can help!
Access the full written pattern in the blog post below.
2021 Here We Come Hat
- Yarn: Yarnspirations. Caron Swirl Cakes. 8 oz (227 g) and 252 yds (230 m). 77% Acrylic / 23% Wool. Bulky Weight Yarn . Hand wash. Lay flat to dry.
- Colors: 1 skein in Gold Fusion.
- Hook: 8 mm (L). I used this hook. ( save 15% at Furls with code: ODC15 )
- Finished Project Yardage: Adult Hat: 2.7 oz (75 g) / 84 yds (76 m)
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, Stitch Marker
Adult Hat height approximately 8 inches X 10 inches width (on a flat surface)
Approximately 8 rows per 4 inches and 4 sets of (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) per 4-inches
You can substitute any yarn and hook for this stitch pattern – just remember when you substitute if your gauge is different, the finished size, and amount of yarn used for your project will also be different.
US Terminology used
beg – beginning
BL – back loop
ch2sp – chain 2 space
ch3sp – chain 3 space
g – grams
m – meters
R – row
RS – right side
Rnd – round
rem – remaining
rep – repeat
sk – skip
st/sts – stitch/stitches
oz – ounces
WS – wrong side
yds – yards
* to **– Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated. This repeat will contain multiple instructions.
 – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches
() – important notes AND sets of stitches to be worked within one stitch, or space
- This easy to crochet stitch pattern works up quickly using Bulky Weight Yarn .
- When the instructions read “next” and then a stitch, please *work (the stitches indicated) in the* next stitch. So “next sc” means *work in the next sc*.
2021 Here We Come Hat Pattern Instructions
This hat is crocheted in rounds from the top down. Use a stitch marker to mark your position. We do not sl st to join at the end of rounds.
Using your 8 mm (L) hook (or size required for gauge) and leaving an 6-8 inch yarn tail:
R1: DMR: 8 sc. [8 sc]
R2: *(1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next sc, sk 1 sc**. Rep from * to ** around. [4 sets of (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc)]
R3: *(1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next sc, (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next ch2sp, sk 1 sc**. Rep from * to ** around. [8 sets of (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc)]
R4: *(1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next sc, (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next ch2sp, sk 2 sc, (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next ch2sp, sk 1 sc**. Rep from * to ** around. [12 sets of (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc)]
R5: *(1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next sc, (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next ch2sp, [ sk 2 sc, (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next ch2sp] 2 times, sk 1 sc**. Rep from * to ** around. [16 sets of (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc)]
R6: *(1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next sc, (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next ch2sp, [ sk 2 sc, (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next ch2sp] 3 times, sk 1 sc**. Rep from * to ** around. [20 sets of (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc)]
R7-17: Sk 1 sc, *(1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) in ch2sp, sk 2 sc**. Rep from * to ** around to last ch2sp. (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) in ch2sp, sk 1 sc**. [20 sets of (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc)]
R18: Sk 1 sc, *2 sc in ch2sp, sk 2 sc**. Rep from * to ** around to the last ch2sp. 2 sc in ch2sp, sk 1 sc. [40 sc]
Finish off with an invisible join and weave in ends securely.
- If you would like to share your progress, please feel free to add your Ravelry Project Pages for each of the scarves you make!
- Each pattern post will include a specific pattern link to Ravelry so you can add your own project.
- Learn how to add projects to Ravelry here.
- We would also love to see your projects on Instagram!
- Tag us on Instagram at @thestitchinmommy and/or @oombawkadesigncrochet and use the hashtag #ScarfHatoftheMonthClub2020 to share your progress with us.
- If you’re on Facebook, check out our Crochet With Us Group and The Stitchin’ Mommy Crochet Community.
- You can feel free to share your progress, ask questions, and get help with the patterns from this CAL in our chat-friendly groups.
If you would like to be notified when the new free scarf patterns are published, you can sign up for our FREE monthly newsletter here:
Happy Crocheting 🙂
#scarfhatofthemonthclub2020 #freepatterns #crochet #CAL #crochetalong #2020CAL #makeitwithmichaels #yarnspirations #furlscrochet #ODCMakers #caroncakes #hatofthemonth