I’m rounding out 2020 with some quick and easy crochet projects. My 2021 Here We Come Hat is my newest pattern and it and is made with only 84 yards of Bulky Weight Yarn .
This means, you can make 3 adult hats with just one Caron Swirl Cake with this pattern.
My new hat pattern matches last week’s cowl pattern too. If you missed it, here’s the link:
If you share your finished hat on Instagram, share it with #ODCMakers so I can see it too! I check for this hashtag frequently and add new finished projects to my Instagram Stories!
Remember this project is just one of the three brand-new hat patterns today!
For the 2020 Scarf and Hat of the Month Club CAL posts that are already available please visit my introduction post here: Announcing the CAL
For my previous Scarf of the Month Club CAL patterns visit these posts:
December 2020 Hat of the Month Club CAL Patterns
2021 Here We Come Hat
Visit: Rhondda at Oombawka Design
(scroll to the bottom of this post!)
2021 Here We Come Hat Pattern
PIN this pattern for later here!
Create your project page on Ravelry here.
Access the full written pattern in the blog post below.
2021 Here We Come Hat
- Yarn: Yarnspirations. Caron Swirl Cakes. 8 oz (227 g) and 252 yds (230 m). 77% Acrylic / 23% Wool. Bulky Weight Yarn . Hand wash. Lay flat to dry.
- Colors: 1 skein in Gold Fusion.
- Hook: 8 mm (L). I used this hook.
- Finished Project Yardage: Adult Hat: 2.7 oz (75 g) / 84 yds (76 m)
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, Stitch Marker
Adult Hat height approximately 8 inches X 10 inches width (on a flat surface)
Approximately 8 rows per 4 inches and 4 sets of (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) per 4-inches
You can substitute any yarn and hook for this stitch pattern – just remember when you substitute if your gauge is different, the finished size, and amount of yarn used for your project will also be different.
US Terminology used
beg – beginning
BL – back loop
ch2sp – chain 2 space
ch3sp – chain 3 space
g – grams
m – meters
R – row
RS – right side
Rnd – round
rem – remaining
rep – repeat
sk – skip
st/sts – stitch/stitches
oz – ounces
WS – wrong side
yds – yards
* to **– Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated. This repeat will contain multiple instructions.
 – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches
() – important notes AND sets of stitches to be worked within one stitch, or space
- This easy to crochet stitch pattern works up quickly using Bulky Weight Yarn .
- When the instructions read “next” and then a stitch, please *work (the stitches indicated) in the* next stitch. So “next sc” means *work in the next sc*.
2021 Here We Come Hat Pattern Instructions
This hat is crocheted in rounds from the top down. Use a stitch marker to mark your position. We do not sl st to join at the end of rounds.
Using your 8 mm (L) hook (or size required for gauge) and leaving an 6-8 inch yarn tail:
R1: DMR: 8 sc. [8 sc]
R2: *(1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next sc, sk 1 sc**. Rep from * to ** around. [4 sets of (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc)]
R3: *(1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next sc, (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next ch2sp, sk 1 sc**. Rep from * to ** around. [8 sets of (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc)]
R4: *(1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next sc, (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next ch2sp, sk 2 sc, (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next ch2sp, sk 1 sc**. Rep from * to ** around. [12 sets of (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc)]
R5: *(1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next sc, (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next ch2sp, [ sk 2 sc, (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next ch2sp] 2 times, sk 1 sc**. Rep from * to ** around. [16 sets of (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc)]
R6: *(1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next sc, (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next ch2sp, [ sk 2 sc, (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) next ch2sp] 3 times, sk 1 sc**. Rep from * to ** around. [20 sets of (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc)]
R7-17: Sk 1 sc, *(1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) in ch2sp, sk 2 sc**. Rep from * to ** around to last ch2sp. (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc) in ch2sp, sk 1 sc**. [20 sets of (1 sc, ch 2, 1 sc)]
R18: Sk 1 sc, *2 sc in ch2sp, sk 2 sc**. Rep from * to ** around to the last ch2sp. 2 sc in ch2sp, sk 1 sc. [40 sc]
Finish off with an invisible join and weave in ends securely.
- If you would like to share your progress, please feel free to add your Ravelry Project Pages for each of the scarves you make!
- Each pattern post will include a specific pattern link to Ravelry so you can add your own project.
- Learn how to add projects to Ravelry here.
- We would also love to see your projects on Instagram!
- Tag us on Instagram at @thestitchinmommy and/or @oombawkadesigncrochet and use the hashtag #ScarfHatoftheMonthClub2020 to share your progress with us.
- If you’re on Facebook, check out our Crochet With Us Group and The Stitchin’ Mommy Crochet Community.
- You can feel free to share your progress, ask questions, and get help with the patterns from this CAL in our chat-friendly groups.
If you would like to be notified when the new free scarf patterns are published, you can sign up for our FREE monthly newsletter here:
Happy Crocheting 🙂
#scarfhatofthemonthclub2020 #freepatterns #crochet #CAL #crochetalong #2020CAL #makeitwithmichaels #yarnspirations #furlscrochet #ODCMakers #caroncakes #hatofthemonth