These 3 winter afghan patterns include matching pillow patterns too! The Winter Afghans and Pillows Pack includes instructions for Snowflakes on My Windowpane, Poinsettia and Snowflake projects.
[disclaimer]I received a copy of this pattern to review from Shady Lane Original Crochet Designs. The opinions expressed in this review are my own.[/disclaimer]
ePattern: Winter Afghans and Pillows
Designer: Carol Hegar of Shady Lane Original Crochet Designs
Current Price (*subject to change): *$7.95 USD
Become a Featured Designer for Oombawka Design Crochet! Learn more here.
Winter Afghan Patterns & Pillow Patterns
This month, Carol Hegar from Shady Lane Original Crochet Designs has given us a copy of her Winter Afghans and Pillows ePattern to review and a second copy to giveaway to one of my lucky readers!
This 11-page ePattern includes crochet instructions for 3 unique pillow and afghan pattern sets. The patterns are provided in U.S. Crochet Terms and optional graphs have been provided for 2 of the designs.
These afghans are crocheted using simple stitches: single crochet (sc), double crochet (dc), double treble crochet (dtr), half double crochet (hdc), treble crochet (tr) and dc-popcorn stitches. You will also need to be able to recognize the back loops and front loops of a stitch.
You will find the full abbreviations list on page 4.
The instructions on how to make the dc-popcorn stitch is included on page 4, beside the Abbreviations Used section. If you do not like the 3D look of the dc-popcorn stitch, you may substitute a dc in the fl of a st 2 rows below instead.
If other special stitches are used, they are included at the beginning of the written instructions for the specific pattern. For example, the sc-popcorn stitch is introduced in the Special Stitches Section for the Poinsettia Afghan on page 7.
Two of these unique designs are created with just single and double crochet stitches. The Snowflakes on my Windowpane Afghan and Poinsettia Afghan designs are created by crocheting dc stitches into the remaining front loop of a stitch made 2 rows before. The backgrounds of the designs are created by working single crochet stitches in the back loop only. These projects are worked on one side only. You do not turn your work. It is super easy-to-do and the finished afghans look fantastic! To learn how to do the easy dropped dc method, Carol has prepared a helpful video tutorial here.
The Snowflake Afghan project is made up of twenty afghan squares that are sewn together to form the finished afghan. These afghan squares are crocheted in joined rounds. The Snowflake Pillow is created by sewing two 12-inch afghan squares. The Special Stitches Section provides instructions on how to make the Picot Stitch which is used for these 2 projects.
- Snowflakes on my Windowpane Afghan is crocheted with 60 oz. Worsted (Medium) Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) hook. The finished afghan measures approximately 60 inches across and 51 inches high. The Snowflakes on my Windowpane Afghan Graph is included on page 11 for those who prefer working from graphs.
- Snowflakes on my Windowpane Pillow is crocheted with 9 oz. of Worsted (Medium) Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) hook. The finished pillow cover measures 12 inches X 12 inches. The Snowflakes on my Windowpane Pillow Graph is provided on page 6.
- Poinsettia Afghan is crocheted with 67 oz. of Worsted (Medium) Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) hook. The finished afghan measures approximately 62 inches X 56 inches. The Poinsettia Afghan Graph is included on page 11.
- Poinsettia Pillow Cover is crocheted with 10.5 oz. of Worsted (Medium) Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) hook. The finished pillow cover measures 14 inches X 14 inches. The Poinsettia Pillow Graph is provided on page 8.
- Snowflake Afghan is crocheted with 10.5 oz. of white and 20 oz. of the border color Worsted (Medium) Weight Yarn  and a 5.5 mm (I) hook. The finished afghan measures 45 inches X 58 inches.
- Snowflake Pillow is crocheted with 2 oz. of white and 2.5 oz. of the border color Worsted (Medium) Weight Yarn  and a 5.5 mm (I) hook. The finished pillow cover measures 12 inches X 12 inches.
The Winter Afghans & Pillows ePattern is available for purchase from Shady Lane Original Crochet Designs. The current price (which is subject to change) at the time of this post being written is $7.95 USD.
If you would like to get your own copy today, you can use this coupon to receive 15% off: OOMB and the coupon can be used on any of the patterns on her site.
If you win the giveaway and you have already purchased the booklet, Carol will be happy to substitute another Shady Lane ePattern of your choice from her designs!
Winter Afghans & Pillows ePattern Giveaway
Would you like to win a PDF copy of the Winter Afghans and Pillows Patterns?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Void in Quebec.
Start Date: November 13, 2021; 12:00 am ET
End Date: November 27, 2021, 11:59 pm ET
If you cannot see the Rafflecopter widget below, please click >HERE< to enter the giveaway!a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you are not the lucky winner of the giveaway and you would like to purchase your own copy of the Winter Afghans & Pillows epattern you can get it directly from Carol’s site. Be sure to use this coupon code for 15% off (for a limited time!) any of her patterns from her shop! Browse her patterns here. Coupon Code: OOMB
Please note: refunds will not be given for incorrectly applied, or the failure to remember to apply the coupon code before purchase. Please double check and message us if you have questions about using the coupon code. We are happy to help resolve issues that arise before you complete a purchase! Thank you for your understanding, Rhondda
I’d like to thank Carol Hegar for providing me with the review copy of the Winter Afghans & Pillows ePattern and for the giveaway copy for my readers!
All images are used with permission from Shady Lane Original Crochet Designs. For more information about Shady Lane Original Crochet Designs, please visit their website and find her on Facebook too!