This month for the June Scarf of the Month Club CAL 2019, I have designed the Watermelon Lace Scarf Pattern for you to crochet. This project is crocheted with Super Fine Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) crochet hook.
This project is very easy to make. Choose any yarn and hook combination you wish and simply chain your beginning row to the width you want. Once you reach the width you want, be sure the number of chains you have can be divided by 4. Then follow the pattern as written. Easy-peasy!
Scroll down for the full written pattern for the Watermelon Lace Scarf. Have fun and see you again next month! Rhondda xo
[disclaimer]I received the yarn I used to make this project from Red Heart Yarn. This post includes affiliate links. If you make a purchase after you click on one of my affiliate links in the post, I will receive a small commission for referring you, at no additional cost to you.[/disclaimer]
June Scarf of the Month Club CAL Patterns
Watermelon Lace Scarf pattern (scroll to the bottom of this post!)
Create your project page on Ravelry for Watermelon Lace Scarf here.
Watermelon Lace Scarf Pattern – Scarf of the Month Club CAL June 2019
- Yarn: Red Heart Amigurumi. 3.5 oz (100 g) and 239 yds (219 m). 100% Acrylic. Super Fine Weight Yarn . Machine wash cold, gentle cycle, tumble dry.
- Colors: 1 skeins each in Cactus E885_9627.
- Hook: 4 mm (G). I used this hook.
- Finished Project Yardage: 3.5 oz (100 g) and 239 yds (219 m)
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, Stitch Marker
Scarf width approximately 5.5 inches X 78 inches long unblocked
Approximately 3 rows per inch and 6 sts per inch unblocked
(sts includes chs)
You can substitute any yarn and hook for this stitch pattern – just remember when you substitute if your gauge is different, the finished size, and amount of yarn used for your project will also be different.
US Terminology used
beg – beginning
ch – chain
ch2sp – chain 2 space
dc – double crochet
R – row
rem – remaining
rep – repeat
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
st/sts – stitch/stitches
* to **– Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated. This repeat will contain of multiple instructions.
 – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches
() – important notes AND sets of stitches to be worked within one stitch, or space
Helpful Video Tutorials
- Stitch multiple of 4
- Ch 1 does not count as a stitch
Watermelon Lace Scarf Pattern Instructions
The scarf is crocheted back and forth in rows. You may repeat the rows to reach your own desired length, or follow the pattern as written for a scarf measuring 78 inches long. If you would like a wider scarf, simply chain your initial chain to a number of stitches that divides equally by 4.
Using your 4 mm (G) hook (or size required for gauge):
R1: Ch 24, sk the first ch, 1 sc in each rem ch across, ch 1, turn. [23 sc]
R2: 1 sc in each ch across, ch 1, turn. [23 sc]
R3: 1 sc in the first st, ch 2, sk 1 sc, 1 dc in the next st. *Ch 2, sk 1 st, 1 sc in the next st, ch 2, sk 1 sc, 1 dc in the next st**. Rep from * to ** across. Ch 1, turn. [6 sc, 6 dc, 11 ch2sp]
R4-R192: 1 sc in the first dc, ch 2, sk the ch2sp, 1 dc in the next sc. *Ch 2, sk the ch2sp, 1 sc in the next dc, ch 2, sk the ch2sp, 1 dc in the next sc**. Rep from * to ** across. Ch 1, turn. [6 sc, 6 dc, 11 ch2sp]
- Weave in any remaining ends.
- Wet block for a better finished look.
- If you would like to make this into an infinity scarf, simply seam the 2 ends together with a whipstitch seam. Or use a kilt pin to cinch the 2 ends together, like I did.
If you missed any of the previous Scarf of the Month Club patterns, you can find them here:
Add your project to Ravelry! Learn how to add your project to Ravelry here.
- Tag us on Instagram at @thestitchinmommy and/or @oombawkadesigncrochet and use the hashtag #ScarfoftheMonthClub2019 to share your progress with us!
If you would like to be notified when the new free scarf patterns are published, you can sign up for our FREE monthly newsletter here:
#redheartyarns #joycreators #scarfofthemonthclub2019 #freepattern #freecrochetpattern