As the temperature drops and the days become shorter, nothing beats the cozy feeling of wrapping yourself up in a chunky crochet blanket.
Whether you are looking for a last minute gift for a friend or family member, or a project to stay warm and busy during the colder months, these super chunky crochet blanket patterns are the perfect way to go.
Not only do they work up faster than regular blankets, they also make great gifts.
In this collection, you will find 10 amazing, chunky crochet blanket patterns complete with detailed instructions and beautiful photos that will leave you feeling inspired to get your hook out and start crocheting.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced crocheter, each of these patterns are sure to keep you warm and cozy this winter!
These Super Chunky Crochet Blanket Patterns are quick to crochet and perfect for snuggling into! They also make great last minute gifts for family and friends because they work up so much faster than a regular blanket.
Super Chunky Crochet Blanket Patterns
Chunky Icelandic Crochet Blanket Pattern
This beautifully soft blanket can be crocheted in many sizes. To make the size in the original post (36 inches by 40 inches) you will need 6 balls of Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick’n Quick and an 11.5 mm (P) hook.
Quick and Easy Thick Blanket Pattern and Tutorial
This quick and easy blanket is crocheted in Bulky Weight Yarn  with a 10 mm (N) hook. This blanket measures approximately 45 inches X 58 inches when complete.
Modern Chunky Crochet Blanket Pattern
The blanket in the post measures 35 inches by 46 inches and you can recreate it using 2.5 skeins of Bernat Blanket yarn and a 9 mm (N) crochet hook.
Family Room Throw Pattern
Make this soft and cozy throw for your family to enjoy! You need Super Bulky Weight yarn  and a 10 mm (N/P) crochet hook. The finished blanket is 65 inches wide by 70 inches long.
Zoey’s Bulky Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
Make this with Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn (561 yards) and a 10 mm (M/N) crochet hook. You can alternate colors every round like I did or keep it simple and use one color for the whole project!
More Free Super Chunky Crochet Blankets
- Knit Look Chunky Afghan Pattern. This stunning blanket measures 35 inches by 27 inches. You need Super Bulky weight  yarn and a 15.75 mm (Q) hook. Get the pattern.
- Chunky Feather and Fan Blanket Pattern. Super Bulky Yarn (approximately 900 yards) and a 15 mm (Q) crochet hook will make a six foot long blanket! Get the pattern.
- Chunky Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern. Get the pattern.
- Chunky Crochet Throw Pattern. Make this pretty throw with bulky weight yarn  in 2 colors and a 6.5 mm (K) crochet hook. The finished blanket measures 46 inches wide by 52 inches long. Get the pattern.
- Super Chunky Shell Stitch Blanket Pattern. This blanket calls for a 25 mm crochet hook. Get the pattern. Watch the video.
- Super Chunky Crochet: Tight Weave Stitch Crochet Blanket. Watch the video.
How to Crochet a Super Chunky Riged Baby Blanket
You may also be interested in these posts: