When you purchase through links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.
Hi Crochet Friends, this week we have a Thermal Crochet Technique Tip from Nicole Riley of Nicki’s Homemade Crafts.
Be sure to visit Nicki for more great patterns and crochet tips! She has a extensive collection of video tutorials on YouTube too, so if you are a visual learner, subscribe to her channel.
Thermal Crochet Technique
Have you ever tried using the Thermal Crochet Technique?
Have you ever heard of the thickest crochet technique in the world? It’s called the Thermal Crochet Technique and you can use it for pretty much anything. It allows you to create a very thick fabric and can prevent you from getting cold or burning yourself. But it can also provide stability and even more features.
When it comes to crochet projects worked in rows you typically work back and forth. This is where the thermal stitch is different than any other stitch. You are simply making two pieces of crochet fabric one at the front and one at the back. The difference is they are connected together as you work which creates a super thick fabric.
Find all the Thermal Crochet Tips and Tutorials here: https://www.nickishomemadecrafts.com/essential-tips-crochet-thermal-stitch/
If you’d like to try a project using the thermal crochet technique, Nicki recommends her Ombre Thermal Crochet Ear Warmer. The pattern is included in her eBook which includes 22 fantastic thermal crochet patterns.
Quick tip- it’s important to be patient when using thermal stitch. Because you are doing half a row at a time, it grows a bit slower than the standard crochet stitch. But remember you are making two sides at the same time which creates a super thick crochet fabric. Learn more here.Nicole Riley, Nicki’s Homemade Crafts
You can reach Nicki’s YouTube channel in the video below by clicking the word YOUTUBE which displays at the bottom right corner of the video.
So watch the video, then hover over the video player with your cursor/mouse and select the word YouTube when it displays on the bottom-right.
Nicole Riley is the creator and CEO of Nicki’s Homemade Crafts where multi-functional and modern patterns are easy and fun to crochet, many included video tutorials and lots of additional tutorials and support.
- SITE: https://www.NickisHomemadeCrafts.com
- Shop: https://www.nickishomemadecrafts.com/crochet/crochet-ebooks/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nickishomemadecrafts
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nickishomemadecrafts
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/nickiscrafts
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@nickishomemadecrafts
- Ravelry: https://www.ravelry.com/stores/nicole-riley-designs/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/nickishomemadecrafts
THERMAL CROCHET TECHNIQUE PRACTISE PROJECTS:
- Practise the half double crochet thermal crochet stitch with my Warmth a Winter Scarf and Warmth a Winter Hat pattern set (free patterns)
- Practise the Waistcoat thermal crochet stitch with my Waistcoat Stitch Potholder Free Pattern
- Practise the hdc thermal crochet stitch with my Favorite Potholder Free Crochet Pattern, it has a built in edging!
#crochet #crochettip #tips&tricks #learntocrochet #howtocrochet #thermalstitches #thermalcrochet #crochetstitches #nickishomemadecrafts #thermaltechnique