Welcome to the December Scarf of the Month Club Free Pattern! This month I have crocheted another 1-skein project for you to make as a quick last minute gift! This is crocheted with one of the large Charisma Rugby Yarn Balls 218 yds/7 oz. The yarn is super soft, bulky yarn and this pattern can be worked up in a single evening. The stitch pattern is easy to remember and you will enjoy making this while watching your favorite show on tv.
This is just one of the Scarf of the Month Club Free Patterns for the month of December 2016!
For the links to the other two free crochet scarf patterns please scroll down to the very end of this post!
Super Easy Striped Colorblock Scarf
- Yarn: Loops & Threads Charisma Rugby (218 yds / 200 m ; 7 oz / 200 g), 100% acrylic. Color: 5 Forward
- Hook 10 mm (N/P) Clover Amour Crochet Hook
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, Stitch Marker (optional)
EASY (or advanced beginner)
5 inches wide by 80 inches long.
Note: When you make this it will be approximately 6 inches wide but after letting it ‘rest’ overnight it will shrink to 5 inches in width. It is quite elastic and stretchy 🙂
2 rows is approximately 1 inch
(sc, ch 1, sc) is approximately 1 inch
US Terminology used
beg – beginning
bl – back loop
ch – chain
ch1sp – chain one space
R – row/round
rem – remaining
rep – repeat
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
sl st – slip stitch
st/sts – stitch/stitches
* – Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated. This repeat will contain of multiple instructions.
() – Repeat the instructions between the parentheses the number of times indicated.
 – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches
- You will use the entire ball of yarn for this project. I chose to whipstitch my 2 ends together to make this an infinity scarf.
- Ch 1 (turning chain) does not count as a stitch and you do not work into it.
- Do not work into the ch1sp.
- All single crochet stitches EXCEPT THE FIRST AND LAST OF EACH ROW are worked into the back loop only of the indicated stitch.
Stitch Multiple of 2
Super Easy Striped Colorblock ScarfSuper Easy Striped Colorblock Scarf with 1 ball of Charisma Rugby Yarn!
Note: The first sc and the last sc of each row are worked as regular sc stitches – under BOTH LOOPS. All other single crochet stitches are worked under the back loop only. This gives the scarf it’s lovely stretchy quality.
R1: Ch 18, beg in 2nd ch from hook and work 1 sc. *1 sc in the bl of the next ch, ch 1, sk 1 ch**. Rep from * to ** across to the last 2 chs. 1 sc in the bl of the next ch. 1 sc in the last ch. Ch 1, turn. [10 sc, 7 ch1sp]
R2: 1 sc in the first st, *1 sc in the bl of the next st, ch 1, sk the ch1sp**. Rep from * to ** across to the last 2 sts. 1 sc in the bl of the next st. 1 sc in the last st. Ch 1, turn. [10 sc, 7 ch1sp]
Rep R2 until you run out of yarn! My scarf measured 80 inches in length when I only had enough to whip stitch the ends together. Finish off and either weave in your ends or whipstitch the two ends together to make an infinity scarf. Have fun!
Remember you can join our Facebook Group, Crochet With Us CAL Group and share your progress, ask questions and get help!
We have also set up this #hashtag to use on Instagram – so if you love to share on Instagram share your projects by tagging us @amyramnarine and/or @oombawkadesign and use the hashtag #ScarfoftheMonthClub!
Check out Amy’s Scarf for November Here: Gray Shells Scarf
Check out our Mystery Scarf of the Month Here:
Remember if you share on Instagram use #ScarfoftheMonthClub! so we can take a look too!
Subscribe to our reminder email to let you know when the Scarf of the Month Post goes live!
Other Scarf of the Month Club Scarves: