Celebrate the season with a unique, hand-crafted Rustic Christmas Flower Doily. Follow our free crochet pattern to create a beautiful holiday decoration in less than an hour. This project is made with DK Weight Yarn  but can easily be made in other yarn weights too!
Quick Gift Idea: Pair a Rustic Christmas Doily with a Poinsettia to give as a gift!
This Christmas Flower Doily Pattern was originally designed by Joanita Theron Designs. Joanita retired this design from her site and sold the full-pattern rights to Oombawka Design, Ltd. This pattern is now available exclusively at Oombawka Design Crochet.
If you, or someone you know, is retiring and closing their crochet blog, please feel free to reach out to arrange for your patterns to be included at Oombawka Design too.
Unleash Your Creativity with this DIY Christmas Crochet Doily
Get into the holiday spirit by crafting your very own DIY Christmas crochet doily. Our free, easy-to-follow pattern will guide you step-by-step to create a stunning, rustic masterpiece. Perfect for holiday decor, this DIY crochet project is a fun and festive way to express your love for the season.
- Yarn: Scheepjes Twinkle. DK Weight Yarn. 50 g and 130 m. 75% cotton and 25% polyester.
- Yarn: Nurturing Fibers Eco-Cotton. DK Weight Yarn. 50 g and 124 m. 100% cotton.
- Colors: Scheepjes: Green (931) and Nurturing Fibers Eco- Cotton: Mist
- Crochet Hooks: 4.50 mm (7)
- Yardage: small amounts of each yarn
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, Stitch Marker
- Approximately 6 inches in diameter (15 cm)
Due to the nature of this pattern, the yarn and hook used is only a suggestion. Any DK Weight Yarn will provide similar results.
You can substitute any yarn and hook for this stitch pattern – just remember when you substitute if your gauge is different, the finished size of your project will also be different.
US Terminology used
- BL – back loop
- ch – chain
- CL – cluster (refers to all 3 types of clusters made)
- dc – double crochet
- dc2tog-CL – double crochet 2 stitches together cluster
- dc3tog-CL – double crochet 3 stitches together cluster
- dc4tog-CL – double crochet 4 stitches together cluster
- FPdc – front post double crochet
- FPsc – front post single crochet
- g – grams
- hdc – half double crochet
- m – meters
- oz – ounces
- rem – remaining
- rep – repeat
- Rnd – round
- sc – single crochet
- sk – skip
- sl st – slip stitch
- st/sts – stitch/stitches
- tr – treble
- yds – yds
- * – Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated. This repeat will contain multiple instructions.
- () – Repeat the instructions between the parentheses the number of times indicated.
-  – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches
- The initial ch 3 counts as 1 dc.
- The cluster (CL) stitches are worked into a single stitch, or space.
- Join new yarn with a slip stitch in the stitch or space specified, except for Rnd 6.
- MC: Green, CC: Mist
- Skip all stitches not mentioned.
- Finish off and weave in ends at the end of each round worked.
- Add the Rustic Christmas Flower Doily to your Ravelry library here.
Rustic Christmas Flower Doily
This easy to make project is worked in joined rounds.
Using your 4.5 mm (7) crochet hook, or size required for gauge:
Rnd 1: With MC: Ch 8, sl st to the first ch to create a ring. Work into the ring: Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc), dc2tog-CL, ch 2, (dc3tog-CL, ch 2) 7 times. Sl st to the top of the first CL to join. Finish off MC. [8 clusters, 8 ch2sp]
Rnd 2: Join CC in any ch2sp. Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc) and make dc3tog-CL in the same ch2sp, ch 3. *(Dc4tog-CL in the next ch2sp, ch 3)**. Work from * to ** around. Sl st to the top of the first CL to join. Finish off CC. [8 CL, 8 ch3sp]
Rnd 3: Join MC in any ch3sp. Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc) and make dc3tog-CL, ch 4, dc4tog-CL in the same ch3sp. *(Dc4tog-CL, ch 4, dc4tog-CL in the next ch3sp)**. Work from * to ** around. Sl st to the top of the first CL to join. Finish off MC. [16 CL, 8 ch4sp]
Rnd 4: Join CC in any ch4sp. Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc) and make 4 dc in the same ch4sp, ch 1, make 1 dc between the next 2 CL, ch 1. *(5 dc in the next ch4sp, ch 1, make 1 dc between the next 2 CL, ch 1) in the next ch4sp. Sl st to the top of the first dc to join. Finish off CC. [8 sets of 5 dc groups, 8 dc between CL, 16 ch1sp]
Rnd 5: Join CC in any ch1sp located before a 5 dc group. *Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc), 1 dc in the next dc, 2 dc in each of the next 3 dc, 1 dc in the next dc, ch 3 (counts as 1 dc), sl st in the ch1sp, 1 FPsc in the next dc, sl st in the next ch1sp**. Work from * to ** around. Finish off CC. [8 sets of 10 dc petals, 8 FPsc]
Rnd 6: Join MC with a sc in the top of the first ch 3 (counted as 1 dc) in any 10 dc petal set. *1 sc in each of the next 9 dc (TIP the 9th dc was a ch 3 that counted as 1 dc), 1 FPdc in the next FPsc, 1 sc in the next dc (this was a ch 3 that counted as 1 dc)**. Work from * to ** around. Sl st to the first sc to join.
Proceed to finishing instructions.
- Weave in any remaining ends.
Round by Round Photos
Did you remember to make your Ravelry Project Page? (How to Make a Ravelry Project Page.)
You may also enjoy these posts:
Spread the Christmas cheer with a twist of creativity! 🎄✨ Dive into the holiday spirit by crafting your very own Rustic Christmas Flower doily, using our FREE crochet pattern! #HandCraftedChristmas #HolidayDecor
Quick Gift Idea: Pair a Rustic Christmas Doily with a Poinsettia to give as a gift! This project will take less than an hour to crochet on only a small amount of yarn. An excellent last minute gift for the holidays.
Craft your own rustic Christmas doily with our free pattern, and add a beautiful hand-crafted touch to your table. Celebrate in style this Christmas! #DIYChristmas #RusticHolidayDecor