These Retro Christmas Ornaments are perfect for decorating with and for giving as gifts during the holiday season.
[disclaimer]I received a copy of this book to review from Leisure Arts. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. This post includes affiliate links. If you purchase this book after you click on one of my affiliate links in the post, I will receive a small commission for referring you, at no additional cost to you.[/disclaimer]
Title: Retro Christmas Ornaments
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., Mar 1, 2019
Beautiful designs that make you think of Christmas’ Past, these 10 Retro Christmas Ornament Patterns are a perfect way to add a little handmade to your holiday.
10 Beautiful Retro Christmas Ornament Projects
- String of Lights by Katherine Satterfield – EASY – Fine Weight Yarn , 3.75 mm (F) hook, approximately 2.125 inches tall
- Beads & Bows Angels by Anne Halliday – EASY – Lace Weight Yarn/Thread , Steel Size 6 (1.8 mm) hook, approximately 4.50 inches tall
- Angel Garland by Mary C. Abadir – EASY – Fine Weight Yarn , Steel Size 0 (3.25 mm) hook, approximately 86 inches long
- Yarn Clothespin Angels by Patty Kowaleski, Maggie Weldon – EASY – Fine Weight Yarn , Steel Size 0 (3.25 mm) hook
- Thread Clothespin Angels by Linda A Daley – EASY – Lace Weight Yarn/Thread , Steel Size 5 (1.9 mm) hook
- Starched Angels by Alys Tracewell, Nanette M Seale and Joan Beebe – EASY – Lace Weight Yarn/Thread , Steel Size 7 (1.65 mm) hook, range in sizes from 3 inches tall to 6.5 inches tall
- Beaded Angel Pin by Beth Ann Webber – EASY – Lace Weight Yarn/Thread , Steel Size 2 (2.25 mm) hook, approximately 4 inches tall
- Angel Pin & Ornament by Dianne Bee – EASY – Lace Weight Yarn/Thread , Steel Size 7 (1.65 mm) hook, approximately 3 inches tall (ornament) and 2.25 inches tall (pin)
- Angel Ornament by Lois J Long – EASY – Lace Weight Yarn/Thread , Steel Size 6 (1.8 mm) hook, approximately 4.5 inches tall
- Angel Bookmark by Nancy Rhodes – EASY – Lace Weight Yarn/Thread , Steel Size 4 (2 mm) hook, approximately 4.25 inches tall
More images are available here.
The patterns are written out in full using U.S. Crochet Terms and the stitch counts are included at the end of the rows (and rounds). Important information is included in italics and, or in bold font. Color headings are used for the different pattern sections. A Stitch Guide is included in each pattern for special stitches used in that specific pattern.
General Instructions are included beginning on page 61.
General Instructions and Abbreviations
- Joining with sc
- Adjustable Loop (with diagrams)
- Back or Front Loop Only (with diagram)
- Free Loops (with diagrams)
- Changing Colors (with diagrams)
- Working in a Space Before a Stitch (with diagram)
Thread and Yarn Used for these Projects
- Lion Brand® Vanna’s Glamour®
- DMC® Cébélia, Size 10
- Premier® Yarn Cotton Fair™
- Aunt Lydia’s® Classic Crochet Thread, size 10
- Aunt Lydia’s Crochet Thread Metallic™, size 10
- Aunt Lydia’s® Metallic Classic Crochet Thread, size 10
- DMC® Metallic Pearl, Size 5
My Favorite Projects
My Favorite Projects in Retro Christmas Ornaments are the Clothespins Angels, the adorable Angel Pins and I really love the Angel Garland!
Which is your favorite?
Would you like to win an eBook copy of Retro Christmas Ornaments?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Void in Quebec.
Start Date: December 7, 2019; 12:00 am ET
End Date: December 14, 2019, 11:59 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here:
If you can’t see the Rafflecopter widget below, please click >HERE< to enter.
If you are not the lucky winner of the giveaway and you would like to purchase your own copy of Retro Christmas Ornaments, it is available from Leisure Arts:
Check out my other Leisure Arts Reviews >HERE<
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of Retro Christmas Ornaments and for the giveaway copy for my readers!