Retro Christmas Ornament Patterns
These Retro Christmas Ornaments are perfect for decorating with and for giving as gifts during the holiday season.
[disclaimer]I received a copy of this book to review from Leisure Arts. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. This post includes affiliate links. If you purchase this book after you click on one of my affiliate links in the post, I will receive a small commission for referring you, at no additional cost to you.[/disclaimer]
Title: Retro Christmas Ornaments
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., Mar 1, 2019
Retro Christmas Ornament Patterns
Beautiful designs that make you think of Christmas’ Past, these 10 Retro Christmas Ornament Patterns are a perfect way to add a little handmade to your holiday.
10 Beautiful Retro Christmas Ornament Projects
- String of Lights by Katherine Satterfield – EASY – Fine Weight Yarn , 3.75 mm (F) hook, approximately 2.125 inches tall
- Beads & Bows Angels by Anne Halliday – EASY – Lace Weight Yarn/Thread , Steel Size 6 (1.8 mm) hook, approximately 4.50 inches tall
- Angel Garland by Mary C. Abadir – EASY – Fine Weight Yarn , Steel Size 0 (3.25 mm) hook, approximately 86 inches long
- Yarn Clothespin Angels by Patty Kowaleski, Maggie Weldon – EASY – Fine Weight Yarn , Steel Size 0 (3.25 mm) hook
- Thread Clothespin Angels by Linda A Daley – EASY – Lace Weight Yarn/Thread , Steel Size 5 (1.9 mm) hook
- Starched Angels by Alys Tracewell, Nanette M Seale and Joan Beebe – EASY – Lace Weight Yarn/Thread , Steel Size 7 (1.65 mm) hook, range in sizes from 3 inches tall to 6.5 inches tall
- Beaded Angel Pin by Beth Ann Webber – EASY – Lace Weight Yarn/Thread , Steel Size 2 (2.25 mm) hook, approximately 4 inches tall
- Angel Pin & Ornament by Dianne Bee – EASY – Lace Weight Yarn/Thread , Steel Size 7 (1.65 mm) hook, approximately 3 inches tall (ornament) and 2.25 inches tall (pin)
- Angel Ornament by Lois J Long – EASY – Lace Weight Yarn/Thread , Steel Size 6 (1.8 mm) hook, approximately 4.5 inches tall
- Angel Bookmark by Nancy Rhodes – EASY – Lace Weight Yarn/Thread , Steel Size 4 (2 mm) hook, approximately 4.25 inches tall
More images are available here.
The patterns are written out in full using U.S. Crochet Terms and the stitch counts are included at the end of the rows (and rounds). Important information is included in italics and, or in bold font. Color headings are used for the different pattern sections. A Stitch Guide is included in each pattern for special stitches used in that specific pattern.
General Instructions are included beginning on page 61.
General Instructions and Abbreviations
- Joining with sc
- Adjustable Loop (with diagrams)
- Back or Front Loop Only (with diagram)
- Free Loops (with diagrams)
- Changing Colors (with diagrams)
- Working in a Space Before a Stitch (with diagram)
Thread and Yarn Used for these Projects
- Lion Brand® Vanna’s Glamour®
- DMC® Cébélia, Size 10
- Premier® Yarn Cotton Fair™
- Aunt Lydia’s® Classic Crochet Thread, size 10
- Aunt Lydia’s Crochet Thread Metallic™, size 10
- Aunt Lydia’s® Metallic Classic Crochet Thread, size 10
- DMC® Metallic Pearl, Size 5
My Favorite Projects
My Favorite Projects in Retro Christmas Ornaments are the Clothespins Angels, the adorable Angel Pins and I really love the Angel Garland!
Which is your favorite?
Would you like to win an eBook copy of Retro Christmas Ornaments?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Void in Quebec.
Start Date: December 7, 2019; 12:00 am ET
End Date: December 14, 2019, 11:59 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here:
If you can’t see the Rafflecopter widget below, please click >HERE< to enter.
If you are not the lucky winner of the giveaway and you would like to purchase your own copy of Retro Christmas Ornaments, it is available from Leisure Arts:
Check out my other Leisure Arts Reviews >HERE<
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of Retro Christmas Ornaments and for the giveaway copy for my readers!
All images are used with permission from Leisure Arts, Inc. For more information about Leisure Arts, Inc. visit their Website, Facebook or Twitter!
Thanks so much for this review. I just discovered your blog and love it. I’ll definitively will buy this book.
I am extremely interested in getting a copy of this book. The patterns in it are very festive and my sister loves angels!
I really like the retro angels. There so daring.
What beautiful ornaments. I love these retro patterns, as they remind my mother of her own mother and the crafts they used to share during Christmas. So I always search for retro type ornaments to crochet during Christmas, as a way to bring us together and also for something to pass down to grand kids or even giveaways.
Thanks for the review.
I like christmas decorations that are happy and bright.
Thank you for the review! I love the angels. Thanks for giving me an idea for Christmas next year.
I love these angels! As well as the string of lights! I wish I’d seen this post in time to try some of these! Next year, I guess.
These are so homey!!!
Some of these patterns remind me of when I started crocheting, many years ago. :0)
I like the look of these vintage type ornaments! I don’t think I’ll get a chance to make any this year but I’ll have to look for this book for next Christmas.
I just love crocheted Christmas ornaments, and I’m always on the look out for more. I’ll keep this book in mind when I start getting ready for Christmas 2020.
Love the crochet angels! I haven’t done any this year but it’s on my list for next!
I would love to make these but I have not been able to crochet with thread.
I really love retro and vintage patterns, sounds like a nice book to have.
The beautiful items in this book remind me of my childhood, watching my mother make similar things in the finest cotton thread. A lovely reminder and great ideas for Christmas.
I love all the different angel ornaments! A great way to improve your thread work while making ornaments for Christmas!
The Angel Garland is so pretty!
I really enjoyed looking at all the various retro ornaments and I enjoyed your review of this booklet. I was not aware that this book of patterns is available.
I really want to get this book. I want to make ornaments for my Christmas tree next year
These are neat ornaments to make. I don’t use thread too much anymore, but would break it out for these.
This looks like a terrific way to bring back memories of the good old days. Love the retro look.
My mother and use to make things like this and I could never make them after she passed because I did not have her patterns, how I wish now that I could have them so I could make them for my grandchildren. We loved them and made new ones every year for our tree, I miss them so much.
I really love the projects on this site and the others that are available!!!!
I absolutely love this idea for a book. Crochet thread keeps the angels smaller and more delicate. A keepsake for sure….passing down from generation to generation.
Next month I think the Thread Christmas Ornaments would be another great addition to these angels.