Learn how use crochet with cast-off items like bottle-caps, t-shirts and plastic containers to make something practical you can use around the house!
Title: Recycle It!
Available at: Annie’s Craft Store
Current Price: $9.95*
You can help me choose the next Annie’s Craft Store Book I review! Browse the available books here and leave me a comment to let me know which one you want me to review next!
Our family has been brainstorming a lot lately about how we can recycle and repurpose items we have on hand to stop them from ending up in the landfills.
I was browsing online at Annie’s Craft Store to choose my next books to review and came across Recycle It. While this crochet book was published back in 2009 it has some really great ideas for how you can use items from around your home in fun and creative ways with crochet.
Not only will this help stop these items from getting tossed in the trash, it can also save you money to use what you already have available in your home as supplies for crafts and crochet projects.
Learn how to make something new from your discarded items in Recycle it!
Some of the items that are used in Recycle It! are: Denim from worn blue jeans (or other heavy fabric), old buckles from pants or belts, gift wrap paper, old newspapers (comics), buttons, brown paper grocery bags, old t-shirts, old playing cards, old plastic pop bottles, bottle caps, canning jar lids, plastic containers with lids, old throws and blankets, old cassette tapes and video tapes, old paper maps, old coffee tins, plastic grocery bags and old Christmas cards.
Other supplies you will need for some of these projects are: fray block, permanent glue, hole punch, card stock, sewing needle, sewing thread, transparent vinyl adhesive, scissors, chalk pencil, liquid seam sealant, marking pencil, Medium Weight Yarn  and crochet hooks.
Let’s learn how to recycle it!
Recycle It! Crochet Projects
- Denim Afghan | INTERMEDIATE | 39 inches X 48 inches | Medium Weight Yarn  | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | Designed by Jean Fritts
- Gift Bags | EASY | 5 X 8.5 X 11 inches long | Medium Weight Yarn  | 5 mm (H) crochet hook | Designed by Debra Arch
- Gingerbread Cookie Ornaments | EASY | 3.5 inches wide X 4.5 inches high | Cotton Crochet Thread #10 | 2.25 mm (B) crochet hook | Designed by Debra Arch
- T-Shirt Hot Pads | EASY | 7.25 X 7.5 inches and 6.25 x 7.5 inches | Chunky Weight Yarn  | 11 mm (P) crochet hook | Designed by Debra Arch
- Playing Card Coaster Set | EASY | 4.5 X 5.5 inches (coasters) and 5.5 X 7 inches (holder) | Medium Weight Yarn  | 5 mm (H) crochet hook | Designed by Debra Arch
- Jean Skirt | EASY | your size | Medium Weight Yarn  | 5 mm (H) crochet hook | Designed by Jill Hanratty
- Pop Bottle Bracelets | EASY | one size fits most | Bulky Weight Yarn  | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | Designed by Michele Maks
- Grape Cluster Trivets | EASY | 5 inches wide X 6 inches long | Cotton Crochet Thread #10 | 1.65 mm (7) crochet hook | Designed by Debra Arch
- Canister & Container | INTERMEDIATE | Fits 12-oz coffee can (canister) and 8-oz non-dairy whipped topping container with lid (container) | Medium Weight Yarn  | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | Designed by Debra Arch
- Blanket Poncho | INTERMEDIATE | your size | Medium Weight Yarn  | 6 mm (J) crochet hook | Designed by Cindy Key
- Cassette Tape Jewelry | INTERMEDIATE | 15 inches across | 30-minute brown cassette tape | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | Designed by Michele Maks
- Luggage Tag | EASY | 3.25 inches wide X 7.75 inches long | Medium Weight Yarn  | 5 mm (H) crochet hook | Designed by Debra Arch
- Plastic Bag Dispenser | INTERMEDIATE | fits 34.5 oz coffee can | Medium Weight Yarn  | 9 mm (N) crochet hook | Designed by Debra Arch
- Grocery Bag | INTERMEDIATE | 5 inches X 10 X 18 inches | 60 plastic grocery bags | 6 mm (J) crochet hook | Designed by Sonya Wilson
- T-Shirt Rug | INTERMEDIATE | 20 inches wide X 34 inches long | t-shirts | 9 mm (M/N) crochet hook | Designed by Patsy Harbor
- Video Tape Purse | EASY | 7 inches wide X 7.5 inches long | Black movie-length cassette tape | 3.75 mm (F) crochet hook | Designed by Michele Maks
- Gift Tags | EASY | your size | Cotton Crochet Thread #10 | 2.75 mm (C) crochet hook | Designed by Debra Arch
Take a closer look at all the projects you can make here: Recycle It!
These patterns are written in U.S. crochet terms. Step-by-step instructions, diagrams and templates are included.
The crochet stitch guide is located on page 47 and includes both written instructions and diagrams for common crochet stitches and techniques.
Need more help with stitches? Check out Annie’s Craft Store’s free online Stitch Guide here.
My favorite recycled crochet projects are:
- Bottle Cap – Grape Cluster Trivets
- Plastic – Canister & Container
- Denim – Denim Afghan
- T-Shirt – T-Shirt Hot Pads
You can see all the projects here. Which one is your favorite?
Would you like to have your own digital copy of Recycle It?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Void in Quebec.
Start Date: April 23, 2022, 12:00 am ET
End Date: May 7, 2022, 11:59 pm ET
If you can not see the Rafflecopter Widget below, please click >HERE<a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you are not the winner of the Giveaway and you would still like to have your own copy of Recycle It!, you can purchase your copy directly from Annie’s Craft Store:
I would like to thank Annie’s Craft Store for both the review and giveaway copies of Recycle It!
Read my other Annie’s Craft Store Book Reviews >HERE<
*Prices subject to change*
*Giveaway is for 1 copy of the eBook*