[disclaimer]I received the Big Book of Crochet eBook to review from Leisure Arts. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. This post includes affiliate links. If you purchase this book after you click on one of my affiliate links in the post, I will receive a small commission for referring you, at no additional cost to you.[/disclaimer]
With more than 120 crochet projects and a total of 208 pages, this really is a Big Book of Crochet!
Title: Big Book of Crochet
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., 2005
The Big Book of Crochet includes 124 designs from Leisure Arts’ much loved Crochet With Heart Magazine. With projects for babies, afghans, home items and family fashions the Big Book of Crochet contains a wide range of crochet patterns.
Patterns have been included for the following categories:
Big Book of Crochet includes patterns for more than 15 afghans. Many different styles of afghans have been included too. Some blankets are worked in strips and some require assembling motifs and squares into your finished project. There are also patterns for ripples, v-stitch designs, bobbles and lace. Most of the afghans are crocheted with medium weight yarns. Here are three examples of the afghan patterns included:
- Spider Lace Afghan – 52″ by 70″ – Medium Worsted Weight Yarn  and 5.5 mm (I) hook.
- Mile A Minute Violets Afghan – 49″ by 64″ – Medium Worsted Weight Yarn  and 4 mm (G) hook.
- Light and Airy Afghan – 47″ by 65″ – Medium Worsted Weight Yarn  and 5.5 mm (I) hook.
Patterns are included for baby blankets, baby layettes, baby bibs, bottle covers, baby clothes and buntings. Patterns for other baby items can also be found. Here are three examples of baby crochet patterns included in Big Book of Crochet:
- Baby’s Bed of Roses – 35″ x 44″ – Light/Worsted Weight Yarn  and 4 mm (G) hook.
- Baby’s Fan-cy Afghan – 38″ x 41″ – Medium/Worsted Weight Yarn  and 5 mm (H) hook.
- Fancy French Knots Layette – size 6 months – Fingering Weight Yarn , 3.75 mm (F) and 5 mm (H)
Patterns are included for ponchos, vests, sweaters and accessories. Here are three examples of the Fashion Crochet Patterns included:
- Lovely Linen Vest – Sizes XS to XXLarge – Light Worsted Weight Yarn  and 2.25 mm, 3.25 mm and 3.5 mm steel crochet hooks.
- Cosmopolitan Wrap – Size Adult – Medium Worsted Weight Yarn  and 6 mm (J) Afghan (Tunisian) crochet hook.
- Kids Cozy Mitten Set – Child Size Small, Medium Large – Light Worsted Weight Yarn  and 4 mm (G) crochet hook.
The gift category includes patterns for bags, sachets, golf club covers and bookmarks. You will even find a pattern for pets included. My favorite design in this category is the Crochet Caddy Tissue Cover (it has room for your crochet hooks!). Here are two examples of the patterns included in the Crochet Gifts category.
- Heartstring Bag – 14″ by 9.5″ – Light Worsted Weight Yarn  and 4 mm (G) crochet hook.
- Golf Club Cozies – 12″ long – Medium Worsted Weight Yarn  and 5 mm (H)) crochet hook.
The Home Category includes patterns for place settings, dishcloths, rugs and doilies. Here are two examples of patterns included in this category:
- Elegant Frost Doily – 12.5 ” diameter – Size 10 Cotton Thread and 1.65 mm steel hook.
- So Easy Rug – 28″ from straight edge to straight edge – Medium Worsted Weight Yarn  and 9 mm (N) crochet hook.
Helpful instructions with diagrams have been included at the end of the book for the following techniques:
- Joining with a sc and joining with a dc
- back ridge of a chain stitch
- back or front loop only
- free loops
- post stitches
- working into a space before a stitch
- adding on dc
- changing colors
- reverse single crochet
- pom poms
- embroidery stitches: outline, satin, lazy daisy and french knot
The patterns are written in US (American) Crochet terms. Headings and important information are provided in bold font and in different colors from the written pattern instructions. I find this is very helpful for keeping my place in the instructions. Color photographs are included for every pattern in the publication.
Big Book of Crochet includes a fantastic range of projects for every occasion. Patterns have been included for afghans, home items, baby items, pet items, clothing items and decorative items. Whether you are looking for a quick project, like a bookmark or a larger project, like an afghan, you will find a pattern included in Big Book of Crochet.
Would you like to win an eBook copy of Big Book of Crochet?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Start Date: February 6, 2018; 12:00 am ET
End Date: February 13, 2018, 11:59 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here:
If you cannot see the Rafflecopter Widget below, please enter the giveaway >HERE<
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of Big Book of Crochet and for the giveaway copy for my readers!