Welcome back! It’s the first Tuesday of the month and you all know what that means! It’s time for our Monthly Leisure Arts eBook Review and Giveaway! This month I have chosen an eBook for projects we can make in any season. A great decorative element you can use in your home, at the cottage or even as gifts to friends and family. Poufs & Pillows includes 8 fantastic and easy projects to make from Designer Ashley Leither. You can visit Ashley on her website Ashley Designs Corner and be sure to check out The Lizzie Bear Project while you are there. Ashley is also on Facebook.
My favorite project in the book is Triangles Floor Pillow – and there is also a matching Triangles Pillow (square) to go with it. My children often sit on the floor so this would be the perfect choice for our house!
I also love how Ashley has included information about different pouf stuffing options – including recycling and reusing old towels, blankets and pillows and then wrapping them and sewing them to shape for each project.
Title: Poufs & Pillows
Author: Ashley Leither
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc.,
Photographer: Jason Master
Each pattern included in Poufs & Pillows is an Easy Level Pattern. The instructions are included in US Crochet terminology and assembly diagrams are provided where necessary. Assembly instructions also outline the stuffing technique used for the specific project.
- Triangles Pillow – Super Bulky Yarn – 10 mm (N/P) – Finished Size: 18″ Pillow
- Triangles Floor Pillow – Super Bulky Yarn – 10 mm (N/P) – Finished Size: 28½” wide x 45½” long x 5½” deep
- African Flower Pillow – Super Bulky Yarn – 10 mm (N/P) – Finished Size: 25½” across
- African Flower Pouf – Super Bulky Yarn – 10 mm (N/P) – Finished Size: – 89″ around (circumference)
- Post Stitch Pillow – Jumbo Weight Yarn – 10 mm (N/P) – Finished Size: 18″ Pillow
- Post Stitch Pouf – Jumbo Weight Yarn – 10 mm (N/P) – Finished Size: 56″ around (circumference)
- Columns Pillow – Jumbo Weight Yarn – 10 mm (N/P) – Finished Size: 18″ Pillow
- Columns Pouf – Jumbo Weight Yarn – 10 mm (N/P) – Finished Size: 24″ square
Here’s a little look at each of the projects you can make:
The yarns used in the samples are Super Bulky  or Jumbo Weight Yarn .
Yarns used include:
- Lion Brand® Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick®
- Lion Brand® Hometown USA®
- Lion Brand® Color Clouds®
To find out the exact yarns used in the projects please see the Yarn Information page, on page 24.
Each written pattern includes a helpful Shopping List outlining the supplies you need (including the number of balls of yarn) and the optional supplies like stuffing to fill the pillow (if you are not recycling items from your linen closet). Gauge information is provided to ensure you reach the same size pillow as the project you have chosen. This is especially important if you are purchasing pillow forms to fill your pillows- you will need to reach gauge to make your pillow form fit.
A very helpful Stitch Guide is provided within each pattern to help you make your project. I prefer this because then I do not have to flip back and forth, between the appendix and the pattern, to find stitches being used if I am unfamiliar with them. Abbreviations being used are standard US Crochet Terminology and can be referenced in the chart included on page 20.
Other terms included in the General Instructions are:
- Joining with a SC
- Free Loops of a Chain (includes diagram)
- Post Stitch (includes diagram)
- Foundation Double Crochet (includes diagram)
- Whipstitch (includes diagram)
- Pouf Stuffing Options
Would you like to win a eBook copy of Poufs & Pillows?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!Enter for a chance to win your own eBook copy of Poufs & Pillows from Leisure Arts!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law. The winner will be contacted by email, at the email address provided and will have 48 hours to respond to the email. If no response is received within 48-hours a new winner will be randomly drawn and the initial winner will have forfeited their claim to the prize.
Start Date: May 2, 2017; 12:00 am ET
End Date: May 9, 2017, 11:59 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here:
If the widget is not displaying please click HERE or the Mobile Friendly Version HERE.
If you are not the lucky winner of the giveaway and you would like to purchase your own copy of Poufs & Pillows, you can get it directly from Leisure Arts:
Poufs & Pillows – $7.99
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of Poufs & Pillows and for the giveaway copy for my readers!