When you purchase through links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission.
Here’s how it works.
Patty Lyons’ Knitting Bag of Tricks is chock-full of tips and tricks for both new and experienced knitters.
[disclaimer]I received a copy of this book to review from David & Charles. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. If you purchase this book after you click on one of my affiliate links in the post, I will receive a small commission for referring you, at no additional cost to you.[/disclaimer]
Over 70 Sanity Saving Hacks for Better Knitting
Knitting Bag of Tricks
Patty Lyons’ Knitting Bag of Tricks will help you take your knitting to the next level. It is filled with tips and tricks to help you solve common knitting problems.
This publication includes 70 brand new knitting hacks and tutorials for knitters of all levels. More than 200 technical illustrations have been included.
This book will not teach you how to knit. You need to understand the basics of knitting in order for this book to be of benefit to you. This book teaches you to ask yourself why you knit the way you do.
If you’ve never picked up knitting needles before, then you aren’t ready for this book quite yet. Hold onto it until you are knitting and then pick it up for guidance to common knitting questions and issues. It will be sure to save you hours of frustration!
She starts by looking at the basics and explores the anatomy of a stitch, examining how this affects the look, feel and shape of the finished knitted fabrics and how different knitting techniques affect the finished outcome. Patty examines the problems caused by common mistakes that many knitters make without even noticing before diving into more complex knitting issues and how to troubleshoot them.David & Charles
The instructions are broken into chapters for the different difficulties you may have experienced while knitting. The eight chapters included are:
- Fundamental Truths of Knitting
- Increases and Decreased
- Pesky Problems and Secret Solutions
- Final Words of Wisdom
The About the Author, Acknowledgements, and Index can be found at the conclusion of the book (pages 205-206).
Knitting Bag of Tricks
FUNDAMENTALS OF KNITTING
- Knits and Purls And All That Jazz
- Stitch Anatomy: The Naked Truth
- How Our Stitches Are Built
- Easter, Western Or Combination: The Direction You Travel
- The Miracle Mop of Swatching
- The Truth Is Out There (Or Make Your Swatch Be Your Best Friend)
- Build a Better Fabric: Knitting Technique
- Why NOT Matching Guage Is the Greatest Thing Ever
- What To Knit With (Or How To Be A Top Chef Master)
- What To Make: Size Does Matter
- The Secret Language of Patterns
- Long Tail Cast-On
- Cable Cast-On
- Keeping Track: Why Can’t I Count to 100?
INCREASES AND DECREASES
- Decrease In Style
- Increases: The Perfect Additions
PESKY PROBLEMS AND SECRET SOLUTIONS
- Join A New Ball: More Ways Than You Think!
- Fix That First Stitch: Yarn Interrupted
- Circular Knitting: Round And Round We Go
- Short Rows In The Round: The Conspiracy Of Silence
- End In The Round: Smooth That Slinky
- Ribbing: Not Always For Our Pleasure
- Sweater Skills
- Build A Better Bind-Off
- Blocking: The Finishing Touch
- Weaving In Ends: Reversible Or Not?
- Mattress Stitch: A Secret Start
- Picking Up Stitches: Going Rogue
- Best Buttonhole Ever
- Setting In A Sleeve
Sprinkled throughout the book are humouress tidbits and comics that are sure to bring a smile to your face. The illustrations are beautiful and detailed and the overall size of the book is perfect for taking on the go or slipping into your overnight bag.
I believe Patty Lyons’ Knitting Bag of Tricks will be a benefit to all knitters at some point in their knitting journey.
Would you like to have your own copy of Patty Lyons’ Knitting Bag of Tricks?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Void in Quebec.
Start Date: November 8, 2022 9:00 pm ET
End Date: November 30, 2022, 11:59 pm ET
If you can not see the Rafflecopter Widget below, please click >HERE<a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you are not the winner of the Giveaway and you would still like to have your own copy of Patty Lyons’ Knitting Bag of Tricks, you can purchase your book at Amazon:
When you visit this link, click the words Look inside above the cover image
to see an example of the content included.
I would like to thank David & Charles for both the review and giveaway copy of Patty Lyons’ Knitting Bag of Tricks.
Read my other Book Reviews >HERE<
*Prices subject to change*
*Giveaway is for 1 copy of the Book*
#dandcbooks #pattylyons #knitting #knittingbagoftricks #book #bookreview #giveaway