Title: Panel by Panel Afghans
Designs by: Becky Stevens
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., 2010
Photographer: Ken West
This month I have selected Panel by Panel Afghans by Becky Stevens to review.
I love Stitch Pattern Books and Panel by Panel Afghans is filled with 44 mix and match crochet panels. Although the book is written specifically with Afghans in mind you can use these different stitch patterns for so many projects!
Panel by Panel Afghans is 59-pages in length and includes written crochet instructions using American Crochet Terms. The Stitch Pattern Multiples are provided for each panel to allow you to apply the stitches to your own projects and designs.
Panel by Panel Afghans is presented in the following sections:
- Basic Crochet Panels – 5 panels for beginners (using single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, moss stitch and shell stitch)
- Easy Panels – 5 panels with reasonably short repeats (Slanted Boxes, Puff Stitch Shells, Open Trellis, Inverted V-Stitch and Star Stitch)
- Fisherman Panels – 14 panels with lots of texture (Blackberry Stitch, Waffle Stitch, Cluster Diamonds, Popcorn Diamonds, Triple Braid, Raised X’s, Basketweave, Twisted Circles, Cable, Open Double Twist, Stacked Chevrons, Open Popcorn Diamonds, Zigzag and Double Twist Cable.)
- Tunisian Crochet Panels – 20 panels ranging from beginner to immediate level (Basic Afghan Stitch, Crossed Strands, Mesh Stitch, Knit Stitch, Tunisian Double Crochet, Puff Stitch, Shells, Shells & Stripes, Alternating Shells, Shells & Loops, Stars, Shells & Bars, Alternating V’s, Twisted Braid, Clusters, Diamonds, Snowflakes, Braided Loops, Stacked V’s and Cable.)
Panel by Panel Afghans also comes with complete written instructions for the following Afghans:
- All the Basics Afghan (40″ x 56″)
- Easy Stitches Baby Sampler (33.5″ x 35.5″)
- Fisherman & Tunisian Sampler (47″ x 61″)
The General Instructions include the Abbreviations (US American English Crochet Terms are used), a Crochet Terminology Chat for International Equivalents for the basic crochet stitches, information about Gauge, how to work Multiples, a comparison of different Yarn Weights by Category and a detailed crochet stitch section with diagrams and written instructions.
The stitches included in the General Instructions are:
- yarn over
- slip stitch
- single crochet
- half double crochet
- double crochet
- treble crochet
- post stitch
- reverse single crochet
- free loops of a chain
You also receive detailed written tutorials with images for Tunisian Crochet. The Tunisian Crochet Section explains how to work the following:
- Base Row
- Bind Off Row
- Working In Vertical Strand
- Working in Horizontal Bar at the top of the Stitch
- Working Between Strands
- Tunisian Single Crochet
- Tunisian Double Crochet
- Tunisian Front Post Treble Crochet
- Tunisian Cluster
- Tunisian Front Post Triple Treble Crochet
- Tunisian Puff Stitch
The final section includes instructions for Finishing, Blocking and working a Whipstitch seam.
The models (samples) used in the photographs used a selection of Red Heart Yarns: Classic, Super Saver, Soft Baby and Eco-Ways.
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Start Date: October 6, 2015, 12:00 am ET
End Date: October 13, 2015, 11:59 pm ET
Please note: In order to be eligible to receive your copy of the eBook you will need to have (or be willing to create) a free account with Leisure Arts dot com. You can set it up here: Create A Free Leisure Arts Account. Click on “My Account” (top right corner) and then “My Account” from the drop-down menu and then a pop-up screen will open and you click “Need to Register”.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Extra entries can be gained by leaving a detailed comment on any of my blog posts. Here are a few to choose from to get you started:
If you would like to purchase your own copy of Panel by Panel Afghans it is available at Leisure Arts, Inc.
Panel by Panel Afghans eBook – $9.99
from: Leisure Arts, Inc.
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with a review copy of Panel by Panel Afghans and for the giveaway copy for my readers!