Nativity Scene Crochet Pattern
Crochet your very own Christmas Nativity Scene; including Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, an Angel, The 3 Wise Men, 3 Shepherds and 3 Animals.
[disclaimer]I received a copy of this book to review from Leisure Arts. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. This post includes affiliate links. If you purchase this book after you click on one of my affiliate links in the post, I will receive a small commission for referring you, at no additional cost to you.[/disclaimer]
Title: Away in the Manger Crocheted Nativity Scene
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., 2007
Designer: Cindy Harris
Away in a Manger Patterns
The Away in a Manger Crocheted Nativity Scene includes 13 different characters:
- The Holy Family: Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus
- The Wise Men: Melchior, Caspar and Balthazar
- Shepherds (3)
- Animals: Camel, Lamb and Donkey
The characters share some common basic pieces like the base, body, arm and hand. These instructions are included on pages 4 and 5.
You will use these instructions, along with the specific character’s instructions (beginning on page 6) to create your finished projects.
The individual differences for each character are explained in their respective patterns. You will find differences like the yarn color being used, edgings and other accessories (like a halo or clothing).
The instructions are written in US Crochet Terms. Stitch counts are included at the end of the rows and special notes are in italics and bold fonts and found within the pattern where they are needed.
Additional supplies you will need include metallic gold heavy braid, embroidery floss, plastic foam cone (4 inches high and 2.5 inches in diameter).
Away in a Manger – Crocheted Nativity Scene
- Mary | Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 6.5 inches tall
- Joseph | Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 6.5 inches tall
- Baby Jesus | Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 3 inches tall
- Angel | Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 6.5 inches tall
- Melchior | Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 6.5 inches tall
- Caspar | Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 7 inches tall
- Balthazar| Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 6.5 inches tall
- Shepherd #1 | Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 6.5 inches tall
- Shepherd #2 | Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 6.5 inches tall
- Shepherd #3 | Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 6.5 inches tall
- Camel | Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 7 inches tall
- Lamb | Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 2.25 inches tall
- Donkey | Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 7 inches tall
The General Instructions section of the eBook, begins on page 3. Explanations and diagrams (where needed) are provided for the following stitches and techniques:
- Back or Front Loop Only
- Free Loops
- Long sc
- Changing colors
- Reverse Single Crochet
- Straight Stitch
- Outline Stitch
- Satin Stitch
You can make your own crocheted Nativity Scene and bring it out every Christmas to decorate your home.
Would you like to win an eBook copy of Away in a Manger Crocheted Nativity Scene?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram.
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Void in Quebec.
Start Date: December 5, 2020; 12:00 am ET
End Date: December 19, 2020, 11:59 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here: LeisureArts.com
If you can’t see the Rafflecopter widget below, please click >HERE< to enter.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Check out my other Leisure Arts Reviews >HERE<
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of Away in a Manger Crocheted Nativity Scene and for the giveaway copy for my readers!
*Giveaway is for 1 digital eBook PDF only*
All images are used with permission from Leisure Arts, Inc. For more information about Leisure Arts, Inc. visit their Website, Facebook or Twitter!
This would be the perfect gift for my mom!
I would love to see you review “Magnet Board Creations.
I would like to see a review of the .
Away in a Manger Crocheted Nativity Scene is my favorite of the three crochet nativity scene patterns that I have, because it has more than just The Holy Family, a donkey & sheep. I have the pamphlet from 2007, but would love to have an e-book copy. I have been trying to convert the physical patterns I have to e-copies, as room to store physical copies is becoming hard to find.
I would love to see a review of JEWELRY – 15 BEAUTIFUL CROCHET PROJECTS USING COTTON THREAD. I love using thread and making crochet jewelry. Win-Win!
This is a awesome set to crochet. Love all your designs! Especially the angels!
FINGER PUPPETS AT THE ZOO – 14 DESIGNS TO CREATE YOUR OWN ZOO AT HOME looks like a fun set to make. Afterall, who doesn’t love a zoo. And finger puppets would make up pretty quickly and provide hours of entertainment.