When you purchase through links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission.
Here’s how it works.
I was browsing online the other day (aka I was lost on Pinterest) and came across an adorable crocheted cow with calf pattern.
When I clicked through to visit the pattern, I found even more Mother and Baby Crochet Animal Patterns from the same Designer.
My daughter and son have always loved making ‘families’ for their toys – especially the Schleich Animals they have collected since they were toddlers.
Whenever we found a new baby animal they always needed 2 parents too – to take care of the baby. I think these Mother and Baby Crochet Animal Patterns are perfect for little ones.
I thought you might want to see what patterns were available too, so I’ve created a Crochet Pattern Finds Roundup featuring patterns from Laura Sutcliffe at LauLovesCrochet.
Mother and Baby Crochet Animal Patterns
- Her projects were crocheted with Patons Smoothie DK Yarn (which she indicates is similar to an Aran / Light Worsted Weight Yarn ).
- You can substitute any yarn and recommended hook combination to make larger, or smaller animals.
- Her patterns are written in American Crochet Terms.
- The Mother and Baby Crochet Animal Patterns have an adult animal’s body which includes a crocheted internal pocket which opens so you can pop the babies inside.
- Patterns include many photos to help you with the pattern and construction of your project.
If you are interested in any of these patterns, they are available for purchase as digital downloads on Etsy (for a very reasonable price).
Also available from LauLoves Crochet
Which one of these is your favorite?
Mother and Crochet Baby Animal Patterns
The cow and calf pictured were crocheted with DK Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) hook. The finished cow measures approximately 15 cm tall and 21 cm long.Read More
The mother pig and piglets pictured were crocheted with DK Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) hook. The finished pig measures approximately 14 cm tall and 22 cm long.Read More
The owl and owlet pictured were crocheted with DK Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) hook. The finished owl measures approximately 13 cm tall.Read More
The mother sheep and lambs pictured were crocheted with DK Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) hook. The finished sheep measures approximately 16 cm tall and 21 cm long.Read More
The horse and foals pictured were crocheted with DK Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) hook. The finished horse measures approximately 21 cm tall and 24 cm long.Read More