Bring your creativity to life with the Mia Hat Pattern! This beginner pattern has everything you need to make a trendy hat for any age – newborn through adult. The pattern is effortless to follow and can be completed quickly, making it the perfect project for new crocheters. Not only that, but the pattern also has tips on how to add your own unique touches. Get started now and craft your very own Mia Hat!
The Mia Hat (aka Mia Sack Hat) was originally designed by Danyel Pink.
The Mia Hat includes instructions for creating this hat in the following sizes: Newborn (0-3 months), 3-6 months, 6-12 months, Toddler, Child and Adult. That’s like 5 patterns in one!! The pattern also includes suggestions for altering and embellishing your “Mia Hat”.
These hats are very popular right now! This pattern is very easy and works up very fast.
It’s a great project for a beginning crocheter!
Danyel Pink has closed her crochet website (Danyel Pink Designs) and retired from the world of crochet. Oombawka Design purchased the full rights to this pattern, which means now I can share it with you.
I’m happy to be able to include the Mia Hat with my other free patterns on the Oombawka Design Crochet blog.
If you, or someone you know, is retiring and closing their crochet blog, please feel free to reach out to arrange for your patterns to be included at Oombawka Design too!
Free Mia Hat Pattern
- Red Heart Super Saver. 7 oz (198 g), 364 yds (333 m). 100% Acrylic. Medium Worsted Weight Yarn . Machine wash and dry. Tumble dry, low. Do not iron. Do not bleach. Dry-Cleanable.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm (I)
- Finished Yardage: 100-125 yds
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, Stitch Marker
Other yarns that work well: Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn! Solids
You can substitute any yarn and hook for this project, just remember when you substitute the finished size of your project may also be different.
- 0-3 Months (14-15”), 3-6 Months (15-17”), 6-12 Months (17-19”), Toddler (18-20”), Child (19-21”), Adult (21-23”)
- Approximately 7 hdc and 4 rows in 4 inches
You can substitute any yarn and hook for this stitch pattern – just remember when you substitute if your gauge is different, the finished size, and amount of yarn used for your project will also be different.
US Terminology used
- BL – back loop
- ch – chain
- g – grams
- hdc – half double crochet
- m – meters
- oz – ounces
- R – row
- sl st – slip stitch
- st(s) – stitch/stitches
- yds – yards
- [ ] – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches; within the row – a set of instructions to be repeated the given number of times.
- ( ) – important notes AND sets of stitches
- Add the beginner friendly Mia Hat pattern to your Ravelry Library here.
- Pattern is written for 0-3 months with 3-6 months, 6-12 months, toddler, child, and adult sizes in parentheses.
- I have not indicated a striping pattern. Change colors every 2 rows to create a striped hat.
Mia Hat Pattern
0-3 Months, (3-6 Months, 6-12 Months, Toddler, Child, Adult)
This project is worked in rows.
Using your 5.5 mm (I) hook (or the size required for gauge):
NOTE: 0-3 Months, (3-6 Months, 6-12 Months, Toddler, Child, Adult) are the corresponding sizes for the instructions in parentheses.
R1: Ch 25 (27, 29, 31, 33, 37), sk the first ch, 1 hdc in 2nd ch from the hook and in each rem ch across, ch 1, turn. [24 (26, 28, 30, 32, 36) hdc]
Rows 2 – 24 (26, 30, 32, 36, 40): 1 hdc in BL of each hdc across, ch 1, turn. [24 (26, 28, 30, 32, 36) hdc]
Proceed to finishing instructions.
- Join end-to-end and sl st down the entire length of the hat, ch 1.
- Press the hat flat with your hands to line up the vertical stitches and sl st across evenly to close up the top seam of the hat. There should be no holes or bunching.
- Finish off.
- Weave in your ends securely.
- Turn the hat right-side out. Fold up the cuff.
- Use a pom-pom maker to craft 2 pompoms. Attach 1 pom pom to each corner at the top of the hat.
- Cut eight 8-10 inch lengths of yarn. Using a crochet hook or latch hook, guide yarn through the top corner of the hat and fasten with a slip knot. Repeat on the other side.
- Cut nine 10-12 inch lengths of yarn. Using a crochet hook, guide yarn through the top corner of the hat, separate into 3 equal sections and braid. Knot at the end. Repeat on the other side.
- Use variegated or self-striping yarn for a colorful hat.
- Add buttons, bows, embroidery, a crocheted flower, a patch, or an applique to the side of the hat.
- Clip on bows, or korkers.
You may also enjoy these posts:
- Free Beginner Friendly Ear Warmer Pattern
- Half Double Crochet Hat Pattern
- DK Double Crochet Hat Pattern
How Can You Create the Perfect Trendy Hat in Minutes? #MiaHat
Unleash your inner crochet genius with our Mia Hat Pattern! 🧶Now YOU can create stylish hats for any age – from tiny newborns to trendy adults. Fast, fun, and beginner-friendly. Personalize your project with unique touches guided by our pattern tips. Get started on your crochet journey now and make your very own masterpiece! 🧡 #crochet #YourStyleYourStory #BeginnerFriendlyCrochet
Crochet the Mia Hat Pattern for a quick gift! From newborn to adult, there’s a perfect fit for everyone. Easy, quick and perfect for beginners. Let’s crochet some magic! 🧶✨🎈#MiaHatPattern #DIYCrafts
Crocheting for beginners can be daunting, but not with the Mia Hat pattern! Step-by-step instructions make it easy and fun to create a unique hat. Get creative with your own details. #crochetpattern #crocheting #handcrafted
Crafters of all ages and experience levels, rejoice! The Mia Hat pattern is here! Quick to make, simple to follow, and you can add your own touches. What more could you want? #handcraft #yarnart #hat
DIY-ers, get your hooks ready! The Mia Hat pattern is simple enough for a beginner. Time to get crafting. #crochetlove #crafting #creative