Little Pumpkin Earrings Pattern
These Little Pumpkin Earrings are perfect for Fall and for Halloween!
I love Halloween but I am not one to dress up in a costume or set-up a Haunted House in my yard. I admire my friends who have this level of dedication to the day and I enjoy watching their Halloween activities and joining in (without a costume) when I am invited. They are so much fun!
Halloween for me is more understated. You will most definitely see me wearing Halloween Earrings and sipping coffee from one of my festive Halloween Coffee Mugs while curled up on the couch under a Halloweeny blanket watching my favorite scary movies and the fun Food Network Halloween Specials!
These Pumpkin Earrings are very easy to make so you may find yourself making them for friends and craft table items too! You can make one pair in less than an hour!
These adorable pumpkin earrings were originally designed for the Halloween Crochet Along with CAL Central Crochet.
Halloween CAL (more info)
If you’ve missed any of our previous Halloween Crochet Patterns you can get all the pattern links in our Intro Post here: 2021 Halloween Crochet Along.
Little Pumpkin Earrings Crochet Pattern
- Yarn: Lion Brand Bonbons Yarn. Beach. Skein Size: 10 g / 0.35 oz, 26 m / 28 yds. 100% Cotton. Fine (Sport) Weight Yarn . Machine wash, lay flat to dry.
- Colors: 1 skein Orange
- Hook: 2.75 mm (C). I used this hook (affiliate link).
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, 2 x 0.25 inch (7 mm) jump rings, 2 fish hook earrings, 5 x 6/0 “E” Beads, Poly-Fil
- Pumpkin: 1.5 cm tall X 2 cm wide
- Stem: adds 0.5 cm in height to the pumpkin
- Finished Earring: 4 cm from the top of the earring to the base of the pumpkin
- Approximately 3 sc per 1 cm and 2 rows per 1 cm
US Terminology used
- BL – back loop
- ch – chain
- g – grams
- m – meters
- oz – ounces
- R – row
- rem – remaining
- sc – single crochet
- sl st – slip stitch
- st/sts – stitch/stitches
- yds – yards
- * to **– Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated. This repeat will contain multiple instructions.
-  – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches
- () – important notes AND sets of stitches to be worked within one stitch, or space
- Make 2 of the Pumpkins for one pair of earrings
- Create your Ravelry Project Page here
PIN it for later
Little Pumpkin Earrings Crochet Pattern
Super quick and easy to make Halloween Earrings!
Using your 2.25 mm (B) hook (or size required for gauge):
R1: With MC, ch 7, sk 1 ch and work 1 sc in each rem ch across. Ch 1, turn. [6 sc]
R2-R12: 1 sc in the BL of each ch across. Ch 1, turn. [6 sc]
Proceed to finishing instructions.
- Finish off leaving a 5-inch tail of yarn.
- Thread the yarn tail on a yarn needle and whipstitch the R1 edge and R12 edge together.
- Weave the yarn end through a stitch at the end of each row end and cinch closed the one end of the pumpkin. Need help? See this step-by-step tutorial for closing hats and mittens.
- Stuff a small amount of Poly-Fil into the pumpkin.
- Thread the yarn needle through the center inside of the pumpkin, through the poly-fil to the other side.
- Weave the yarn end through a stitch at the end of each row end and cinch close to the top of the pumpkin. This is the same method as you used for the other side of the pumpkin. Tutorial here.
- Weave in the end to secure it; bring the yarn end out in the center top of the closed pumpkin.
- Add 5 to 6 seed beads to the yarn end and then return the needle into the very center of the pumpkin to create a loop of beads.
- Weave in your end completely and trim the ends.
- Add your jump ring to the bead loop (either insert it directly through the third bead or through the loop of beads) add your earring hook to the jump ring (be sure the pumpkin is facing the direction you want it to be facing before tightening the jump ring securely).
Add your project to Ravelry here.
You may also enjoy these patterns and posts:
- Free Fall Embellishments (crochet patterns)
- Last Minute Crochet Pumpkins (free easy pattern)
- 50 Spooky Fun Projects for Fall
#lionbrandyarn #lionbrand #furlsinf1022 #furlscrochet #halloween #halloweencal #calcentralcrochet #pumpkin #crochetpumpkin #halloweenearrings #fallearrings #crochet
These Little Pumpkin Earrings are just darling!