It’s time to make some last minute handmade gifts! My Last Minute Reindeer Candy Cane Holders work up so quickly that you can crochet dozens of them in a single evening!
You will need some Medium Weight Yarn  and a 5 mm (H) crochet hook for this project.
PIN this pattern for later here
If you are looking for other Last Minute Christmas Projects to Make you may also enjoy these free patterns: Last Minute Christmas Tree Candy Cane Holders
Last Minute Reindeer Candy Cane Holders Ornament Pattern
Looking for a quick and easy last minute Christmas Decoration – something simple you can add to your gift bags and presents to add a small personal touch? If you have 10 minutes of time to spare, you can make 2 of these crocheted Reindeer Candy Cane Holders.
These are so quick and easy and such a simple way to add a last minute handmade touch to your gifts and your Christmas tree.
Quick Note I recommend you use hot glue to stick on your googly eyes – mine made it through Christmas but fell off (somewhere….somewhere there is a googly eye….we still have not found said googly eye!) to make sure those eyeballs and nose stay put!
- Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver. 7 oz (198 g) and 364 yds (333 m). 100% Acrylic. Medium Weight Yarn . OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certification. Machine wash and dry.
- Colors: Coffee (dark one) or Oatmeal (light one)
- Hooks: 5 mm (H) Clover Amour Hook and 4 mm (G) Clover Amour Hook
- Adhesive Wiggly Eyes (1/2-inch x 2 for each reindeer; 1 cm x 2 for each reindeer) or wiggly eyes and glue.
- Red Sticky Back Felt (cut 1 inch square and then just round out the corners with your scissors to make a circle) or red mini pompoms
- Mini Candy Canes (2 for each reindeer)
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, Stitch Marker (optional), glue (hot glue gun)
- Approximately 2.5 inches tall by1.25 inches wide (not including the mini candy canes)
- is not imperative as long as the stitches are close together (no holes)
US Terminology used
- ch – chain
- DMR – double magic ring
- Rnd – round
- rem – remaining
- rep – repeat
- sc – single crochet
- sk – skip
- sl st – slip stitch
- st/sts – stitch/stitches
- * – Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated. This repeat will contain multiple instructions.
- () – Repeat the instructions between the parentheses the number of times indicated.
-  – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches
- The Reindeer Candy Cane Holder is worked in continuous rounds.
- You do not need to slip stitch to join but you will find it helpful to mark the first stitch of each round with a stitch marker (or safety pin, extra piece of yarn, etc.).
Last Minute Reindeer Candy Cane Holders
These holders are crocheted in continuous rounds from the bottom to the top.
Crochet Reindeer Body
Using your 5 mm (H) crochet hook:
Rnd1: DMR: 10 sc 
Rnd 2: 1 sc in each st around 
Rnd 3-Rnd 9: Rep Rnd 2 
Rnd 10: 1 sc through the first st and the 5th stitch (this creates a centre to the reindeer to hold the 2 candy canes more securely – see image below). 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts. Sk the next st (which is the one you already crocheted through with the first stitch). 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts. 
Rnd 11: Switch to your 4 mm crochet hook and work 1 sc in each st around. Finish off with an invisible join and weave in your ends. 
Tie a ribbon, or piece of thread to the center stitch inside the reindeer (the one you created when you worked through the first and fifth stitch in R10). Then loop it through the front and back of the reindeer so the holder will balance when you hang it from the tree.
#redheartyarns #yarnspirations #crochetpattern #reindeer #Christmas #ChristmasOrnament #candycane #ChristmasTree #ornament #crochet #freepattern