Embrace the beauty of autumn with this easy to master crochet pumpkin pattern! Crafted with super bulky weight yarn, these vibrant, handmade decorations are perfect for adding a personalized touch to your fall decor or as thoughtful gifts. Even beginners can stitch these pumpkins with ease! Make your autumn unforgettable with this quick and colorful crochet project!
Last Minute Crochet Pumpkins Pattern
Make a bunch of these last minute crochet pumpkins to decorate with, or to give as gifts this Fall! This easy crochet pattern works up very quickly using Super Bulky Weight Yarn and simple crochet stitches. Even a new crocheter could master this pattern with ease.
Not convinced? Watch the video tutorial here.
- Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick (affiliate link) 6 oz (170 g) and 106 yds (97 m).80 % Acrylic, 20% Wool. Super Bulky Weight Yarn . Machine wash and dry.
- Colors: 1 skein Pumpkin (large) or Fisherman (small)
- Hook: 6.5 mm (K) or 9 mm (N) Furls Sienna Odyssey (some images show Furls Streamline Cream)(affiliate link)
- Finished Project: Large Crochet Pumpkin: 3.4 oz (96 g) and 60 yds (55 m)
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, Stitch Marker, a wood stick or a cinnamon stick for the stem
- Very Easy
- Large Crochet Pumpkin (using 9 mm hook): 20 inches circumference X 4.5 inches height (after assembly)
- Small Crochet Pumpkin (using a 6.5 mm hook): 18 inches circumference X 3.5 inches height (after assembly)
- Approximately 12 sts per 4 inches and 11 rows worked in pattern per 4 inches
You can substitute any yarn and hook for this stitch pattern – just remember when you substitute if your gauge is different, the finished size, and amount of yarn used for your project will also be different.
US Terminology used
- BL – back loop
- ch – chain
- g – grams
- m – meters
- oz – ounces
- rem – remaining
- R – row
- sc – single crochet
- sl st – slip stitch
- st/sts – stitch/stitches
- * to **– Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated. This repeat will contain multiple instructions.
-  – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches
- () – important notes AND sets of stitches to be worked within one stitch, or space
- The turning ch-1 does not count as a stitch.
- Add this Last Minute Crochet Pumpkins to your Ravelry Library here
Last Minute Crochet Pumpkins | Easy Super Bulky Weight Yarn Pattern
These simple crochet pumpkins are worked in rows.
Crochet Pumpkins (both sizes)
Using your 6.5 mm (K) hook for the small pumpkin OR the 9 mm (N) hook for the large pumpkin:
R1: Ch 16, sk the first ch, 1 sc in each rem ch across, ch 1, turn. 
R2-32: 1 sc in the BL of each sc across, ch 1, turn. 
Do not finish off. Proceed to the finishing instructions.
- Fold the fabric in half to bring R1 and R32 together and slip stitch through the rem loops of both rows to seam.
- Finish off leaving 20-inches of yarn for assembly.
- Thread your yarn end on your yarn needle. Weave your yarn end back and forth through the row ends before pulling to tighten and to close the one end of the pumpkin, leaving a gap large enough for the cinnamon stick to fit inside for the stem. Secure the yarn by working it under 2 stitches in opposite directions (so the top of the pumpkin doesn’t try to reopen again after you add the stuffing).
- Thread the yarn inside the pumpkin from the center of the cinched row ends and bring it out to the other side of the pumpkin (the opposite edge of the row ends you just closed).
- Stuff the pumpkin with Poly-fil (being careful not to overstuff and make gaps between your stitches for the Poly-fil to show through) then cinch the other row ends closed using the same method as above.
- TIP: Keep your fingers between the Poly-fil stuffing and the edge so you don’t get any on the yarn you are weaving with. This will keep the stuffing inside the pumpkin instead of all over the pumpkin.
- Weave in any remaining ends securely.
Did you remember to make your Ravelry Project Page? (How to Make a Ravelry Project Page.)
#crochetpumpkin #lionbrandyarn #lionbrand #woolease #wooleasethickandquick #crochetersofinstagram #crocheter #crochetpattern #crochet #crocheteveryday #crochetstitch #makersofinstagram #homedecor #yarnlove #crochetlife #handmade
You may also enjoy these posts:
Create colorful crochet pumpkins perfect for Fall decorating or gifting! This easy crochet pattern works up quickly using Super Bulky Weight Yarn and simple stitches. Even a new crocheter can master this pattern with ease. Try it today!
Explore the charm of fall with an easy-to-follow crochet pumpkin pattern that is perfect for beginners. Designed to be created with super bulky weight yarn, these handmade, vibrant decorations can add a personal touch to your fall decor, or serve as thoughtful gifts.