Joanita Theron | Creative Crochet Workshop | Designer Spotlight
Hello Oombawka Design Readers!
In my first Designer Spotlight, I would like to officially introduce you to one of my fantastic Guest Post Contributors today.
I thought it would be a neat twist for me to showcase some of her free crochet patterns and also to ask her some fun interview questions – to help you get to know her a little bit better too!
You may have already met Joanita in our Facebook Group – Crochet with Us! She is one of our fabulous Admins.
Without further ado….here is
Joanita’s Designer Spotlight!
1. What was the first crochet pattern you ever designed?
2. What type of crochet hook do you prefer to work with?
I love to work with a 3,50 hook and most recently more with a 4,00 hook
3. What is your favorite type of yarn to work with?
Double knitting light weight yarn – but only I think because I am used to it and do not really have much opportunity to use anything else (must change that =D )
4. Where do you sit when you crochet?
Most of the time in front of the television – either in the living room or the bedroom (when I am sitting with my daughter)
5. What do you take inspiration from when you are designing?
My daughter is my inspiration. How she reacts and interacts so to speak 🙂 And of course my family with their expressive love of my work (which usually means they want something, lol. That is a huge compliment to me!)
6. What would we find in your crochet tool-kit?
Hooks – from size 2,00 to 5,5 mm, Stitch Markers, 2 Yarn needle, Pen and some note paper, small scissors…baby powder for my hands and Vaseline for my lips…(I tend to lick my lips when I am concentrating too hard!)
7. Of all the patterns you have designed which one are you most proud of?
My crochet playbooks! The Dollhouse especially.
8. If you were to take the time to crochet something for yourself, what would it be?
An afghan for my bed 🙂
9. If you had the opportunity to provide one piece of advice to a new Crocheter, what would it be?
HAVE FUN! Don’t stress if something does not look perfect – it is handmade, it is not supposed to be perfect. Enjoy the crafting and you will love the end result!
10. What do you find the most challenging about being a Crochet Designer and/or Blogger?
Time management! Finding the time to crochet, time to share on social media, time to plan/do marketing, time to spend with my family, time to plan my next design, time to enjoy just crocheting….sigh…
Looking for more great posts from Joanita?
My Garden Bug Blanket | My Crochet Pirate Playbook
3. Nursery Rhymes Humpty Dumpty
6. Bakery Treats Collection One
7. Mini Donut
8. The Starfish Project – Starfish Paper Roll Project
10. Three Color Multi Use Purse
I love to crochet! To design and make patterns for both young and old is an absolute life’s passion.
My daughter is my greatest inspiration!
I love to try and learn new techniques, and although patience is not my strongest virtue, I have found that committing to a project and having the pleasure of a finished item, is one of life’s greatest and most satisfying pleasures.
I believe that anyone can learn a new craft. I try to design and make my projects so that even a novice can do them.
“Crochet is an art and crocheters it’s artists. Each crafted item is unique and own to its crafter”
You can find and follow Joanita on these sites:
Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Google+