When you purchase through links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission.
Here’s how it works.
Tips & Tricks to Use Pinterest Effectively
The Secret to Blogging success…is a PINNABLE IMAGE with every post!
- Create a PINNABLE Image for Each Post -tall images are repinned more frequently than wide images (and they show up better too!)
- PIN from the actual post – not the url for your main blog! – when you pin, make sure you select the specific post and pin using the post url (if you don’t do this your pins will link to your main blog and people will have to search for the specific post manually)
- Watermark your images with your blog url – this is easily done using a free image program like PicMonkey (Affiliate Link: PicMonkey) – this ensures that even if your image is repinned multiple times & your “description” is rewritten – you can still be found!
- Use Keywords in Your Board Names – this will help people find you when they search on Pinterest – for example instead naming your board “Free Patterns” – add the keyword CROCHET… to make your board name: Free Crochet Patterns
- Populate the “Category” and “Description” sections on your Boards – this is important – for searches by category and keyword searches! Here is a look at one of my boards:
- Add Pinterest Goodies to your Blog! Add a “Pin it” Button to each Image and/or a Board Widget to your sidebar – Pinterest Goodies Link – make it easier for people to share your images!
- Use Rich Pins! – this service is available for specific types of pins (articles, recipes, products and movies) – for more information here is the direct link to Rich Pins
- INFOGRAPHICS & “How-To’s” are very popular! – if you don’t have a photo for your post – create a word image, quote, or an infographic
- PIN from the original source link – instead of REPINNING – try clicking the image and then PIN it from the original source – this will have the PIN link directly to the source (plus it will let you see if the PIN is linking properly!)
Goodies – to use with Pinterest!
Pinstamatic No Longer Available