When you purchase through links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.
Learn how easy it is to crochet the Herringbone Double Crochet Stitch by watching this quick video tutorial, or scroll down for the step-by-step photo tutorial.
The Herringbone Double Stitch (hbdc) is similar to the double crochet stitch (dc) with one small variation. This tutorial uses US Crochet terminology.
How to Crochet the Herringbone Double Crochet Stitch
- Yarn over the hook.
- Insert the hook into the next stitch.
- Yarn over and pull up 1 loop.
- Now pull that same loop through the first loop on your hook.
- Yarn over and pull through the next loop on your hook.
- Yarn over and pull through the remaining 2 loops on your hook.
You may also enjoy these posts:
- Herringbone Half Double Crochet Stitch
- Sultan Crochet Stitch Tutorial (aka the Cupcake Stitch)
- Houndstooth Crochet Stitch Tutorial
Learn how to crochet the Herringbone Double Crochet (HBDC) with a quick video tutorial or step-by-step photo tutorial. With this US Crochet terminology tutorial, you’ll be able to master the HBDC stitch in no time! Start your next project now.