Jonah Larson has developed a wonderful collection of crochet projects you can make and then give to someone in need.
[disclaimer]I received a copy of this eBook to review from Annie’s Craft Store. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. If you purchase this book after you click on one of my affiliate links in the post, I will receive a small commission for referring you, at no additional cost to you.[/disclaimer]
Title: Giving Back Crochet
Designed by: Jonah Larson
Available at: Annie’s Craft Store
Current Price: $14.99*
You can help me choose the next Annie’s Craft Store Book I review! Browse the available books here and leave me a comment to let me know which one you want me to review next!
In this 66-page eBook from Annie’s Craft Store you will be delighted to find patterns you can crochet perfect for recipients in all age groups.
Giving Back Crochet by Jonah Larson includes 26 easy and simple crochet projects and 3 handy printable gift tags. It also includes a fantastic beginners crochet guide in a series of lessons beginning on page 50.
You can learn more about Jonah Larson and his birth journey and his personal journey with crochet (can you believe he taught himself to crochet when he was 5 years old?) in his book Hello, Crochet Friends! He also has his own website!
26 Simple and Easy Crochet Projects
- Twist Bracelets| INTERMEDIATE | 3/4 inch wide and 3 inch diameter | Medium Weight Yarn  | 5 mm (H) hook |
- Treble Cross Wheelchair Set | EASY | 27 inches X 38 inches | Medium Weight Yarn  | 5.5 mm (I) hook and 6 mm (J) hook |
- Scoodie | EASY | 11-12 inches tall when standing | Super Bulky Weight Yarn  | 8 mm (L) |
- Fingerless Arm Warmers | EASY | 8 inches circumference X 12 inches long | Medium Weight Yarn  | 5.5 mm (I) hook |
- Nordic Winter Afghan| EASY | 50 inches X 65 inches| Super Bulky Weight Yarn  | 6.5 mm (K)|
- Cozy Cap & Scarf | EASY | 12-24 months, 2-4 years and 6-8 years| Medium Weight Yarn  | 5 mm (H) |
- Cozy Pompom Slippers | EASY | women’s size 5/6, 7/8 and 9/10 | Bulky Weight Yarn  and Super Bulky Weight Yarn | 5.5 mm (I) hook |
- Cotton Soap Sacks| EASY | 3 inches wide X 6 inches long| Medium Weight Yarn  | 6 mm (J) hook |
- Slouchy Striped Beanie| EASY | 18-inches circumference x 9 inches long | Medium Weight Yarn  | 6.5 mm (K) hook |
- Nesting Giving Baskets| EASY | small, medium and large | Bulky Weight Yarn  | 12 mm hook |
- Scalloped Shell Bracelet| EASY | 8 inches long X 1.5 inches wide | Medium Weight Yarn  | 4.5 mm (7) hook |
- Bold Blue Stripes Blanket| EASY | 48 inches X 56 inches | Medium Weight Yarn  | 10 mm (N) hook |
- Crochet for a Cause Scarf| EASY | 12 inches wide X 73 inches long | Super Bulky Weight Yarn  |8 mm (L) hook |
- Pastel Stripes| EASY | 33 inches X 34 inches | Medium Weight Yarn  | 5 mm (H) hook |
- Sweet Little Mittens|EASY | Small, Medium and Large | Light, Medium and Bulky Weight Yarn [3, 4, 5] | 3.75 mm (F) hook, 4 mm (G) and 5.5 mm (I) |
- Helping Hands Lip Balm Holder|EASY| 3 inches long | Lace Weight Yarn  | 2.75 mm (C) hook and 3.25 mm (D) hook|
- Fur Trim Baby Boots| EASY | 3.5 inches tall, sole: 2 inches wide X 3.5 inches long | Light Weight Yarn  Bulky Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook |
- Family Hats| EASY | child, woman and man | Medium Weight Yarn  |
- A Scarf for Everyone| EASY | child, woman and man| Medium Weight Yarn  | 9 mm (M) hook and 8 mm (L) hook |
Take a closer look at the projects you can make here: Giving Back Crochet – Jonah Larson
The patterns are written in US crochet terms. The stitch counts are included in italics at the end of the pattern rows.
The eBook is in full color, with full color images. Bold type and italics are used throughout to emphasize important headings and notes.
The Basic Crochet Instructions begins on page 50 and includes the following Crochet Lessons:
LESSON 1: Getting Started
This section talks about yarns and crochet hooks and different ways to hold your hook.
LESSON 2: Chain Stitch (abbreviated ch)
LESSON 3: Working Into the Chain
LESSON 4: Single Crochet (abbreviated sc)
LESSON 5: Double Crochet (abbreviated dc)
LESSON 6: Half Double Crochet (abbreviated hdc)
LESSON 7: Treble Crochet (abbreviated tr)
LESSON 8: Reading Patterns
LESSON 9: Gauge
These lessons are full of details, helpful tips and diagrams. The lessons finish on page 63.
Page 64 includes 3 printable Tags you can print and attach to your gifted projects.
Need more help with stitches? Check out their free online Stitch Guide here.
My favorite projects are the Crochet for a Cause Scarf and the Treble Cross Wheelchair Set. Which projects do you like best?
I love the variety of projects and the sizes included for these patterns. The instructions are easy to follow and the Crochet Lessons are a fantastic added bonus.
Would you like to have your own eBook copy of Giving Back Crochet – Jonah Larson
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Void in Quebec.
Start Date: August 29, 2020, 12:00 am ET
End Date: September 12, 2020, 11:59 pm ET
If you can not see the Rafflecopter Widget below, please click >HERE<a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you are not the winner of the Giveaway and you would still like to have your own copy of Giving Back Crochet – Jonah Larson, you can purchase your book directly from Annie’s Craft Store:
I would like to thank Annie’s Craft Store for both the review and giveaway copies of Giving Back Crochet – Jonah Larson.
Read my other Annie’s Craft Store Book Reviews >HERE<
*Prices subject to change*
*Giveaway is for 1 copy of the eBook*