Unleash your creativity and enjoy hours of playtime with your little ones with this collection of 5 crochet toy sets! Each play set includes all the patterns you need to make your own adorable themed crochet toys, from a tool set, baking set, breakfast set and more! Crochet these patterns with Worsted Weight Yarn and watch the little ones have a blast with their own crocheted tools and accessories.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this eBook to review from Annie’s Craft Store. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. If you purchase this book after you click on one of my affiliate links in the post, I will receive a small commission for referring you, at no additional cost to you.
Title: It’s Play Time!
Available at: Annie’s Craft Store
Current Price: $6.95*
You can help me choose the next Annie’s Craft Store Book I review! Browse the available books here and leave me a comment to let me know which one you want me to review next!
Playtime Made Easy with Adorable Crochet Toys
Discover the joy of imaginative play with these adorable crochet toy pattern sets. Designed with detail and creativity, these sets include everything from a Shopping Set featuring a purse, play money, and accessories, to a Tool Set with a tool belt and DIY tools. Stir up some fun with the Breakfast Time Set, complete with crocheted food and kitchen utensils, and delight in the Baking Set, filled with baking essentials. Celebrate the festive season with the crocheted Gingerbread Set, perfect for decorating crochet cookies.
Each pattern includes color images with written instructions in US Crochet Terms. Helpful diagrams are included when needed.
Each pattern is crocheted with Worsted Weight / Medium Weight Yarn  with the exception of the cereal flakes for the Breakfast Time Set and the decorations for the Gingerbread Decorating Set. These patterns are all listed as skill level Intermediate.
Patterns Made for Play Time!
GONE SHOPPING SET
- Purse | 5 mm (H) crochet hook | 9 X 13 inches (including handles)
- Key Chain | 3.25 mm (D) crochet hook and 3.50 mm (E) crochet hook | 7 inches long
- Wallet | 4 mm (G) crochet hook and 3.25 mm (D) crochet hook | 3 X 4.5 inches
- Coins | 3.50 mm (E) crochet hook | 1 to 1.25 inches in diameter
- Hairbrush | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | 3 X 9 inches
- Lipstick | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | 0.75 inches X 3.75 inches
- Hammer | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | 8 inches long
- Wrench, Pliers & Screwdriver | 4 mm (G) crochet hook and 3.75 mm (F) crochet hook | 6 to 7 inches long
- Screws | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | 3.5 inches long
- Tool Belt with Hammer Hook and Nail Pouch | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | 27.5 inches long
FRIED EGGS SET
- Frying Pan | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | 7 X 13 inches (including handle)
- Spatula | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | 2.5 X 8 inches
- Whole Egg | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | 1.4 X 2.25 X 1.75 inches
- Sunny Side Up Egg | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | 3.75 X 3.5 inches
BREAKFAST TIME SET
- Milk Bottle | 3.75 mm (F) crochet hook | 3.5 X 8 inches
- Bowl of Cereal | 3.75 mm (F) crochet hook | 3.5 X 5 inches
- Spoon | 3.75 mm (F) crochet hook | 6.75 inches
- Banana | 3.75 mm (F) crochet hook | 8.5 inches
- Banana Slices | Small and Large | 3.75 mm (F) crochet hook
- Cereal Flakes | Size 0 Steel Crochet Hook and Crochet Cotton
- Bowl | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | 5 X 5 X 8 inches
- Utensils | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | 9 – 10.5 inches
- Egg Carton | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | 5 X 7 inches
- Egg | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | 1.4 X 2.25 X 1.75 inches
GINGERBREAD DECORATING SET
- Baking Tray | 5.5 mm (I) crochet hook | 8 X 10 inches
- Bowl | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | 2 inches high X 2.75 inches across
- Licorice Bow Tie | 3.25 mm (D) crochet hook and Fine (Sport) Weight Yarn 
- Chocolate Chip | 3.25 mm (D) crochet hook and Fine (Sport) Weight Yarn 
- Candy Piece | 3.25 mm (D) crochet hook and Fine (Sport) Weight Yarn 
- Gingerbread Man | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | 4.5 inches X 5 inches
Take a closer look at all the projects you can make here: It’s Play Time!
The patterns are written in US Crochet Terms.
Only basic crochet stitches were used to create these projects. Each stitch used is included in the Stitch Guide and includes written instructions and diagrams to complete the stitch.
- chain – ch
- slip stitch – sl st
- single crochet – sc
- single crochet decrease – sc dec (same as a sc2tog)
- half double crochet decrease – hdc dec (same as a hdc2tog)
- double crochet decrease – dc dec (same as a dc2tog)
- front post stitch – fps
- back post stitch – bps
- front loop – front lp
- back loop – back lp
- half double crochet – hdc
- double crochet – dc
- treble crochet decrease – tr dec
- treble crochet – tr
- double treble crochet – dtr
- change colors – technique is explained with a diagram
The Stitch Guide and Metric Conversion Chart are located on page 32 and 33.
Need more help with stitches? Check out Annie’s Craft Store’s free online Stitch Guide here.
My Favorite Play Time Patterns
- Breakfast Time Set – is my most favorite set! I know my children would have loved this set with the small cereal pieces and sliced bananas; plus that whole banana would have been used for when they were playing with their stuffed animals too.
- Tool Set – I love the handy little tool set and would have loved having it for my son when he was small. He received a plastic set as a gift and it was loved but the hard plastic was very noisy and it hurt when he hammered things he should hammer (like his little fingers). The soft tool set would have been just as fun and much safer!
Which ones are your favorites?
You can see more of the projects here.
These handcrafted crochet toy sets were designed especially for playtime! From going shopping, fixing things with their toolset, serving breakfast or baking cookies and creating their own gingerbread set, they are sure to have hours of fun playing and using their imaginations! These patterns are perfect for making toddler friendly gifts!
Would you like to have your own digital copy of It’s Play Time?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Void in Quebec.
Start Date: October 28, 2023, 12:00 am ET
End Date: November 30, 2023, 11:59 pm ET
If you can not see the Rafflecopter Widget below, please click >HERE<a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you are not the winner of the Giveaway and you would still like to have your own copy of It’s Play Time! you can purchase your copy directly from Annie’s Craft Store:
I would like to thank Annie’s Craft Store for both the review and giveaway copies of It’s Play Time!
Read my other Annie’s Craft Store Book Reviews >HERE<
*Prices subject to change*
*Giveaway is for 1 copy of the eBook*
You may also enjoy these posts:
- Hooked On Shakespeare Crochet Patterns
- Free October Crochet Hat Patterns
- Timeless Textured Baby Crochet Patterns
Social Media Messages:
Playtime just got a whole lot cuter! Unleash your little one’s imagination with these handmade crochet toy sets. From shopping sprees 🛍️, to playtime repairs 🔨, breakfast cook-off 🍴, bakery fun 🎂, and holiday cheer with the Gingerbread Set 🍪. Each crochet pattern set can be crocheted with Worsted Weight Yarn. Give the gift of endless fun! 🎁🎉 #CrochetMagic ✨@AnniesCraftStore @AnniesCatalog
Discover the magical world of playtime in every stitch! These handcrafted crochet toy sets were designed especially for your little ones. From going shopping, fixing things with their toolset, serving breakfast or baking cookies and creating their own gingerbread set, it’s hours of endless fun. All sets can be crocheted with Worsted Weight Yarn. Let’s get playing!🛍️🔨🍳🍪 #CrochetToys #PlaytimeAdventure #HandmadeWithLove #WorstedWeightYarn @AnniesCraftStore @AnniesCatalog