Fringe Benefits includes 8 easy to crochet designs to add fun and flair to your wardrobe! Each of these designs includes a flirty fringe element which adds movement to your project and a bit of Boho Chic style.
Title: Fringe Benefits
Author: Melissa Leapman
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., 2017
Photographer: Jason Masters
The projects are listed as Easy to Easy+ for difficulty, the instructions are provided in a written format using U.S. (American) Crochet Terms and diagrams and schematics have been included where needed. The supplies needed are included on the first page with the finished project photo and the finished size measurement (if only one size is available for the design) is found at the end of the specific pattern in the bottom margin (left-hand side).
I particularly love how the designs for the Boho Vest and Scoopneck Top are provided in multiple sizes. The instructions for the different sizes are color coded to make it easy for you to follow the pattern for the size you are crocheting. The Boho Vest design is sized up to 2X and the Scoopneck Top is sized up to 3X. This gives plus sized people (like me) something they can crochet in this fun fringed style too!
The designs included are:
- Boho Vest – Medium Weight Yarn – 5.5 mm hook – Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, 1X and 2X
- Cuff Bracelet – Medium Weight Yarn – 6 mm hook – Sizes: Small, Medium and Large
- Cowl – Bulky Weight Yarn – 6.5 mm hook – Sizes: 9½” high x 23″ circumference
- Hobo Bag – Medium Weight Yarn – 4 mm hook; 5.5 mm hook; Sizes: 14½” (bottom width), 12½” (top width); 9½” (height)
- Poncho – Medium Weight Yarn – 5.5 mm hook; Size: One Size Fits Most
- Clutch Bag – Bulky Weight Yarn – 6.5 mm hook; Size: 9¾” wide x 6¼” high
- Infinity Cowl – Bulky Weight Yarn – 5.5 mm hook; Size: 7″ high x 56″ circumference
- Scoopneck Top – Medium Weight Yarn – 3.75 mm hook and 4 mm hook; Size: Small, Medium, Large, 1X, 2X and 3X
The General Instructions are included starting on page 28. You will find the following terms explained:
- Joining with sc
- Joining with hdc
- Back Ridge (includes diagrams)
- Free Loops of Chain (includes diagrams)
- Reverse Single Crochet (includes diagrams)
- Fringe (includes diagrams)
The Yarn Information section includes the specific yarns used to crochet the samples in the book. Yarns used in the samples are:
Boho Vest: Patons® Classic Wool Worsted™
Cuff Bracelet: Patons® Metallic™
Clutch Bag: Lion Brand® Wool-Ease® Chunky
Hobo Bag: Lion Brand® Heartland®
Poncho: Caron® Simply Soft® Heathers™
Cowl: Lion Brand® Wool-Ease® Chunky
Infinity Cowl: Patons® Classic Wool Roving™
Scoopneck Top: Lion Brand® 24/7 Cotton
My favorite three designs are:
- Scoopneck Top
- Infinity Cowl
but I honestly love them all!
Which designs are your favorites? If you want to see bigger images please visit Leisure Arts here: Fringe Benefits at Leisure Arts
Would you like to win a eBook copy of Fringe Benefits?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Start Date: April 4, 2017; 12:00 am ET
End Date: April 11, 2017, 11:59 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here:
If you are not the lucky winner of the giveaway and you would like to purchase your own copy of Fringe Benefits you can get them directly from Leisure Arts:
Fringe Benefits – $9.99