Here are 10 fabulous free patterns to make a huggable crochet toy. These are perfect for you to crochet for your Littles 🙂 or for yourself…I am fortunate I have someone to make these for – otherwise I might have a hidden stash of crochet toys, as well as yarn!
I have crocheted Emma’s Crochet Giraffe – three times now; it was a CAL project for Jen’s group (Jam Made) during the summer of 2013. It is a fabulous pattern and when I worked it in Worsted Weight Yarn it gives you a huggable softie. My daughter adors hers and it still has a place on her bed and as one of her ‘favorites’ today (2023).
Blue Bear is on my list to crochet for Drew – and I love what Vanja has done with the pattern – she provides instructions on how to convert the bear into other animals in this post Blue Bear Friends. You can convert the bear into a bunny, a puppy, a kitten and a koala.
Hermione the Unicorn is another one on Darla’s list. She loves horses and is fascinated by Unicorns now (2013). I feel it is only fair I make her one of those since I made one of Dawn’s patterns (the lion) for Drew earlier this year 🙂
To be honest, each of these already has a place on my endless Crochet Bucket List and one day I hope to find time to crochet them all!
Which of these Huggable Crochet Friends is your favorite?
I hope you enjoy these free patterns.
Huggable Crochet Friends Free Patterns
- My Free Hobbes Pattern – Ann Stiver-Balla
- Extra Large Monkey – Sharon Ojala (Amigurumi To Go)
- Hello Kitty – Kelly Powell (The Summer Opossum)
- Lil’ Classic Teddy – Rachel Hoe (Little Yarn Friends)
- Amineko Crocheted Cat – Nekoyama
- Crochet Giraffe – Emma Dent (I Love Buttons by Emma)
- Blue Bear – Vanja G (Amigurumi BB)
- Granny Square Kitty Cat Softie – Julie Harrison (Little Woolie Blog)
- Hermione the Unicorn – Dawn Toussaint
- Monty Moo – Anna Beckett (A Bunch of Buttons)
You may also enjoy these posts:
- 10 Free Patterns for Crocheted Toys
- 10 New Free Crochet Patterns for Toys
- 20 More New Free Crochet Patterns for Toys
These crocheted toys are perfect for giving to your little one – or keeping and cuddling yourself! Check out these 10 huggable crochet toy patterns! PS: they’re all free crochet patterns! #crochet #crochettoys #huggabletoys #craftlovers #diy #familyfun