Delightful Doilies! Free Pattern Friday Round Up.
I recently had a request to search for a pattern for a “Mystery Doily” online and I spent hours scanning images of doilies trying to find the pattern to match the one image – I was unsuccessful – but I was entranced by the beauty in the doilies that I saw. I thought perhaps you would like to see some lovely doilies too so I decided to step out of my ‘crochet box’ and curate a post about doilies.
I have never crocheted a doily – I do have a number from my Great Grandparents and my husband’s Great Grandparents – some are even displayed under the glass table top on our antique cabinet. They have always amazed me. So delicate and fine – and the stitches are so tiny!
Here are some beauties I came across online while I was searching – I hope you will appreciate the beauty and work that goes into these lovely pieces as much as I do.
This week’s category is: Crochet Doilies
1. Doily 4403, 8 Point Star by American Thread Company, Crocheted by Leanda on flickr
2. Pineapple Doily #7275 by The Spool Cotton Company, Crocheted by Sticktanten on Ravelry
3. Double Pineapple Doily by American Thread Company, Crocheted by Leanda on flickr
4. Starburst Pineapple Doily by Old-Time Crochet magazine, Crocheted by NIkOLYA Flickr
5. Lacy Six Point Doily by Cheri Mancini, Crocheted by RosesNLace on Ravelry
6. Flower Nupp Doily by Sonea Delvon
7. Spin-A-Way #S-895 by Coats & Clark
8. Cloverleaf #S-891 by Coats & Clark
9. Peggy’s Sunshine Garden by Denise (Augostine) Owens by MrsFife Flickr
10. Passion Flower by Denise (Augostine) Owens by withahook on Flickr
I have but I usually use the search Google for Image option when I ‘right click’ on my mouse. It works fantastically and is super quick since I use a Google Chrome browser 🙂
Have you tried tineye.com for a reverse image search? I’ve been pretty lucky with finding original sources with it.
Thank you Donna!
I love your site. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas.
I love to make doilies so THANK YOU for these!