Crooked Coffee Cup Cozy Pattern
This Crooked Coffee Cup Cozy is a quick and easy stashbuster project. To make this coffee cup sleeve you will need Medium Weight Yarn  (I recommend cotton yarn) and a 5 mm (H) crochet hook.
The finished Crooked Coffee Cup Cozy measures approximately 8 inches around and can be easily customized to other sizes too!
This fun beginner friendly project was originally designed by Danyel Pink.
A quick and easy coffee cup cozy.Danyel Pink
This style of coffee cozy was one of the first I ever made… I’ve been using mine since 2009. I keep it in my purse (now a diaper bag) and use it on all hot & cold drinks! These cozies whip up FAST, work great on most cans & cups, and make great gifts.
Danyel Pink recently closed her crochet website (Danyel Pink Designs) and retired from the world of crochet. Oombawka Design purchased the full rights to this pattern, which means now I can share it with you.
I’m happy to be able to include the crooked coffee cup cozy with my other free patterns on the Oombawka Design Crochet blog.
If you, or someone you know, is retiring and closing their crochet blog, please feel free to reach out to arrange for your patterns to be included at Oombawka Design too!
Quick and Easy Crooked Coffee Cup Cozy Pattern
- Bernat Handicrafter Cotton. 1.75 oz (50 g), 80 yds (73 m). 100% Cotton. Medium Weight Yarn . Machine wash cool. Dry flat. Do not dry clean, bleach, or iron.
- Crochet Hook: 5 mm (H)
- Finished Yardage: Cup Cozy: 0.7 oz (20 g), 32 yds (29 m).
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, Stitch Marker
You can substitute any yarn and hook for this project just remember when you substitute the finished size of your project may also be different.
- Crooked Coffee Cup Cozy width approximately 4 inches X 8 inches length
- Approximately 15 sts per 4 inches and 16 rows per 4 inches; worked in pattern.
You can substitute any yarn and hook for this stitch pattern – just remember when you substitute if your gauge is different, the finished size, and amount of yarn used for your project will also be different.
US Terminology used
- ch – chain
- g – grams
- m – meters
- oz – ounces
- R – row
- sc – single crochet
- sc2tog – single crochet 2 together
- sk – skip
- sl st – slip stitch
- st/sts – stitch/stitches
- yds – yards
-  – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches
- The entire project is worked in the back loops only. This creates a ribbed effect.
- Count your stitches every time because it is very easy to miss the last stitch of the row.
- The piece will look crooked (hence the name) but that means you are crocheting it right!
- To make your coffee cozy more snug, work until you have a finished length of 7 inches (instead of 8 inches) – so approximately 20 rows in total.
- To decrease the height of the coffee cup cozy, decrease the number of starting chains you use. For a 3 inch tall cozy begin with a chain of 19 (instead of 23).
- To increase the strength of the top and bottom edges, work the last stitch of every row under both loops instead of the blo.
- Add the Crooked Coffee Cup Cozy pattern to your Ravelry Libary here.
Crooked Coffee Cup Cozy Pattern
This quick and easy coffee cup cozy is worked in rows before being seamed closed.
Using your 5 mm (H) hook and leaving a 3 inch tail of yarn:
R1: Ch 23, sk the first ch, 2 sc in the next ch, 1 sc in each rem ch across to the last 2 chs, sc2tog, ch 1, turn. [22 sc]
R2: Sc2tog, 1 sc in each rem st across to the last st, 2 sc in the last st, ch 1, turn. [22 sc]
R3: 2 sc in the first st, 1 sc in each rem st across to the last 2 sts, sc2tog, ch 1, turn. [22 sc]
R4-R24: Rep R2 and R3.
The piece should measure approximately 8-inches in length after R24.
Proceed to finishing instructions.
- Join the edges of R1 and R24 together using either a slip stitch or whipstitch seam.
- Weave in your ends securely.
- Flip right-side out.
Did you remember to make your Ravelry Project Page? (How to Make a Ravelry Project Page.)
Add a project page for the Crooked Coffee Cup Cozy here.
#crochet #crochetpattern #cupsleeve #gift #crochetgift #simplecrochet #easycrochet #cupcozy #coffeesleeve
Lovely patterns, thank you.