These Simple Scalloped Boot Cuffs are a quick project and a free crochet pattern. They’re cozy and stretchy and the pattern includes two adult sizes that can fit a variety of leg shapes. Make these fun accessories to dress-up your ankle, or calf boots. Check the pattern below for instructions to make child-sized boot cuffs too.
These Simple Scalloped Boot Cuffs were originally designed by Danyel Pink.
These are super simple, they work up quickly, and come in 2 sizes. They’re stretchy, so they’ll fit a wide variety of leg sizes. These cuffs will work well with calf or ankle boots. There’s also a note in the pattern to help you make a child-sized set.
Danyel Pink has closed her crochet website (Danyel Pink Designs) and retired from the world of crochet. Oombawka Design purchased the full rights to this pattern, which means now I can share it with you.
I’m happy to be able to include these Simple Scalloped Boot Cuffs with my other free patterns on the Oombawka Design Crochet blog.
If you, or someone you know, is retiring and closing their crochet blog, please feel free to reach out to find out how you can have your patterns included at Oombawka Design too.
Simple Scalloped Boot Cuffs
Embrace the delicate charm of our ‘Simple Scalloped Boot Cuffs’ ✔️ Quick to crochet, these cuffs add instant coziness and a dash of chic to any boots. The pattern is stretchy, fitting most leg shapes and comes in two adult sizes. Perfect to add a fun twist to your winter fashion! ❄️ Not to forget, you can also make adorable child-sized boot cuffs.
- Yarn Bee Effervesce Yarn. 4.06 oz (115 g), 224 yds (205 m). 80% Acrylic, 20% Nylon. Medium Worsted Weight Yarn . Machine wash warm. Machine dry. Do not iron. Do not bleach. Dry-Cleanable.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm (I)
- Finished Yardage: approximately 100 yds
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, Stitch Marker
Other yarns that work well:
- I Love This Yarn, Red Heart Soft, Vanna’s Choice, Cascade 220
You can substitute any yarn and hook for this project, just remember when you substitute the finished size of your project may also be different.
- Small (13-14”) and Large (15-16”). Written as small (large).
- Make Child Size Cuffs by working the Small Cuff Pattern with a 5 mm (H) crochet hook.
- Approximately 7 hdc and 5 rounds in 2 inches
You can substitute any yarn and hook for this stitch pattern – just remember when you substitute if your gauge is different, the finished size, and amount of yarn used for your project will also be different.
US Terminology used
- BL – back loop
- ch – chain
- dc – double crochet
- g – grams
- hdc – half double crochet
- m – meters
- oz – ounces
- R – row
- sl st – slip stitch
- st(s) – stitch/stitches
- yds – yards
- [ ] – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches; within the row – a set of instructions to be repeated the given number of times.
- ( ) – important notes AND sets of stitches
- Add the Scalloped Boot Cuffs pattern to your Ravelry Library here.
- The ch 1 at the beginning of each row does not count as a stitch
- Cuffs are worked in rows, then joined with a seam, and topped off with one round of shells/scallops.
- Measure your leg where the boot cuffs will be worn to determine which size you should make.
- To increase the size of your boot cuffs simply work more rows until the cuff measures the size of your leg (where the boot cuffs will be worn).
- To increase the height of the boot cuffs, add more chain stitches.
- Use any border for the top of the cuffs. Lots of cute afghan edgings would work well here.
Scalloped Boot Cuffs Pattern
This project is rows and joined with a seam. Then the scallops/shells are worked along the top edge as a round.
Using your 5.5 mm (I) hook:
R1: Ch 16 (18), sk the first ch, 1 hdc in the next ch and in each rem ch across, ch 1, turn. [15 (17) hdc]
R2-R28(R32): 1 hdc in the BL of each st across, ch 1, turn. [15 (17) hdc]
- Join cuff end-to-end and sl st through the first and last row to form a circle. Do not fasten off.
- Turn the cuff right-side.
Last Round: Ch 1, work 5 dc into the first ridge (see picture below), 1 sl st in the next ridge. *5 dc into the next ridge, 1 sl st in the next ridge**. Work from * to ** around. Join to the initial ch 1.
Proceed to finishing instructions.
- Finish off.
- Weave in ends securely.
Did you remember to make your Ravelry Project Page? (How to Make a Ravelry Project Page.)
Add your Ravelry Project Page for these Simple Scalloped Boot Cuffs here.
You may also enjoy these posts:
- Winter Blues Table Mat and Coaster Set (free patterns)
- Crochet Patterns from Sandra Stitches
- Free Crochet Fingerless Gloves Patterns
Revamp your boots with a touch of crochet love! 🧶 These simple scalloped, cozy and stretchy boot cuffs come with a FREE pattern and can be made in two adult sizes to fit all. Plus, there’s a kid’s version too! Give your footwear a fresh look this season! 👢💛 #CrochetCreativity
Explore the free crochet pattern provided to craft these Simple Scalloped Boot Cuffs, a quick and fun project that guarantees cozy and stretchy additions to your wardrobe. The pattern caters to a variety of leg shapes with two adult sizes included. Perfectly designed to dress up your ankle or calf boots, these accessories add a fashionable flair. The pattern also provides instructions for creating child-sized boot cuffs. Unleash your creativity and enhance your style statement with these unique boot cuffs today.
Upgrade your boot game with these cozy & stretchy Simple Scalloped Boot Cuffs! Check out the free crochet pattern for instructions on sizing for adults & children. #CrochetFun #BootCuffs #UpgradeYourStyle
Classic boot cuffs can take your outfit to the next level! Here’s a free crochet pattern for Simple Scalloped Boot Cuffs that are cozy & stretchy. Fits adult & children sizes – instructions below! #FashionFun #BootCuffs #Crafty
Get creative with Simple Scalloped Boot Cuffs! Make these fun accessories at home with a free crochet pattern for adult & children sizes. Cozy & stretchy – instructions below! #DIYFun #BootCuffs #Crafty