Are you ready to crochet a traditional Native American Style Afghan? Navajo Afghans by Katherine Eng includes patterns with bold geometric shapes, shells, strips and granny square designs. Each project is crocheted in bold colors of worsted weight yarn. Read my full review below and enter for a chance to win your very own eBook copy of the book Navajo Afghans.
Title: Navajo Afghans
Designer: Katherine Eng
Publisher: House of White Birches, 1997
Available at: Annie’s Craft Store
Navajo Afghans by Katherine Eng includes 6 Native American Style Afghan patterns crocheted in warm desert hues using medium weight yarn. The patterns included in this 13-page eBook range in difficulty from Beginner to Experienced.
Each pattern is written in U.S. (American) Crochet Terms. Titles, subtitles, the row and round numbers and special instructions are provided in bold font making it easy to scan the pattern to locate the information you are looking for. Gauge is provided and varies for each design. Additional pattern notes are included where they are needed within the written pattern in italics.
The images included inside the eBook are in black-and-white and the instructions are written as one long article using paragraphs and indented lines for each Row and each pattern note included.
The designs included are beautiful and make use of bold geometric shapes, shells, strips and granny square designs.
The following patterns are included:
- Navajo Diamonds & Stripes (pictured on the front cover – left). Difficulty: Advanced. Size: 43.5″ by 65.5″. Created with 33 squares, panels and strips. Hook: 4 mm (G)
- Navajo Quilt (pictured on the back cover bottom right). Difficulty: Intermediate. Size: 45″ by 67″. Created with 15 blocks. Hook: 4 mm (G)
- Navajo Diagonal Squares (pictured on the back cover top right). Difficulty: Intermediate. Size: 49.5″ by 63″. Created with 20 squares. Hook: 4 mm (G)
- Navajo Shell Ripple (pictured on the back cover top left). Difficulty: Beginner. Size: 45″ by 59″. Created by working in rows. Hook: 4 mm (G)
- Navajo Granny Square (pictured on the back cover bottom left). Difficulty: Intermediate. Size: 45.5″ by 67″. Created with 54 granny squares. Hook: 4 mm (G)
- Navajo Triangle Strips (pictured on the front cover top right). Difficulty: Intermediate. Size: 45″ by 64″. Created with 7 strips. Hook: 4 mm (G)
The Stitch Guide includes the abbreviations used, yarn conversions, metric conversions chart and a stitch guide. The Stitch Guide includes written instructions and diagrams illustrating some of the stitches used in the patterns. You are also provided with a link to a more complete free resource online from Annie’s for further reference.
My favorite projects are:
- Navajo Triangle Stripes
- Navajo Diamonds and Stripes
Would you like to have your own copy of Navajo Afghans?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Start Date: December 19, 2017; 12:00 am ET
End Date: December 26, 2017, 11:59 pm ET
If you can not see the Rafflecopter Widget, please ENTER HERE.
If you are not the winner of the Giveaway and you would still like to have you own copy of Navajo Afghans, you can purchase your book directly from Annie’s Craft Store!