Crochet These Animal Lovie Blankets
Title: Animal Lovie Blankets
Author: Yolanda Soto-Lopez
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., 2014.
Photographer: Ken West
Animal Lovie Blankets
Choose from 7 super adorable animals and make a quick and easy granny square Animal Lovie Blanket! These designs work up quickly and are designed to be crocheted in worsted weight (note: Owl uses some Bulky Weight Yarn too) yarns. The finished lovies are suitable for small children and babies; each animal is designed with soft yarn-stitched eyes and facial features. Perfect for little hands to cuddle and to love; you can make one of these huggable Animal Lovie Blankets in a matter of a few hours.
Some extra details you might be interested in:
- The patterns are provided in written format in U.S. Crochet terms.
- The font is clear and easy to read and the heading for each Round is shown in colored text (each animal has their own color for these special details) – making it easy to follow along as you are working through the pattern.
- Row/round end counts are provided as specific stitches worked (i.e. 48 dc and 16 sps) and helpful information is included right in the instructions in bold print and in parentheses.
- When instructions refer to the General Instructions included at the end of the publication, they do so in italics and colored text (each animal has their own color for these special details), within the specific round they are applicable to. For example: (see Joining With Dc, page 31).
- When repeats are needed it indicates * 2 times more; so you know exactly how many additional repeats you need to do and that it does not include the instructions you have already worked.
- All blankets measure 13.5″ square when finished.
- Finishing instructions are included in each specific pattern.
The General Instructions include diagrams and written explanations for the following:
- Abbreviations, Symbols & Terms
- Difficulty Levels (Beginner, Easy, Intermediate, Advanced) and Crochet Terminology (comparison between United States and International)
- Yarn Weight Symbols Chart
- Markers (suggestions for and how to use them to mark your position)
- Joining with Dc
- Adjustable Loop
- Free Loops of a Chain
- Changing Colors
- Weaving Through Stitches
- Embroidery Stitches (Straight Stitch, Satin Stitch, Backstitch, Outline Stitch)
Yarn Information has also been provided for each of the photography models (i.e. the Animal Lovie Blankets you see in the finished publication). The yarns used to make the sample projects were: Red Heart with Love, Red Heart Super Saver, Red Heart Classic, Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, Caron Simply Soft and Red Heart Soft. The Bulky Yarn used for parts of the Lamb was JoAnn Sensations Beautiful.
The animal designs included are:
- Puppy – EASY – Medium Weight Yarn & 6 mm (J); 3.75 mm (F)
- Bunny – EASY – Medium Weight Yarn & 6 mm (J); 3.75 mm (F)
- Kitty – EASY – Medium Weight Yarn & 6 mm (J); 3.75 mm (F)
- Lamb – EASY – Medium Weight Yarn & Plush Bulky Weight & 6 mm (J); 3.75 mm (F)
- Panda – EASY – Medium Weight Yarn & 6 mm (J); 3.75 mm (F)
- Owl – EASY – Medium Weight Yarn & 6 mm (J); 3.75 mm (F)
- Brown Bear – EASY – Medium Weight Yarn & 6 mm (J); 3.75 mm (F)
Here’s a look at the projects you can make:Crochet these adorable Animal Lovie Blankets! Choose from seven different animals!
These projects are all considered EASY based on Craft Yarn Council Standards and throughout the patterns you will find Bonus Technique Videos available (see the orange video camera image below). Each time a video is available you will see the camera icon and an explanation in orange text.
Animal Lovie Blankets make great gifts for toddlers and are also great Craft Show Items! If you are searching for project ideas to crochet for your next Craft Show Event small projects like these would be perfect. They work up quickly, are a great size to carry (not too heavy) and have the “cute factor” too!
Would you like to win a eBook copy of Animal Lovie Blankets ?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Start Date: October 4, 2016; 12:00 am ET
End Date: October 11, 2016, 11:59 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here:
Enter using the Rafflecopter Widget below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you are not the lucky winner of the giveaway and you would like to purchase your own copy of Animal Lovie Blankets you can get them directly from Leisure Arts:
Animal Lovie Blankets is also available as an eBook:
Animal Lovie Blankets eBook – $4.79
from: Leisure Arts, Inc.
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of Animal Lovie Blankets and for the giveaway copy for my readers!
All images are used with permission from Leisure Arts, Inc. For more information about Leisure Arts, Inc. visit their website, Facebook or Twitter!
I wish I had the time to make each and every of them. I really like this book!!
These are so adorable. I am literally working on my first lovey — ever!! AND I will be making more. I’m making a butterfly but any of these animal loveys would be lovely!!
so cute and adorable.
ADORABLE!!!! want to make several for gifts!! 🙂
I love making lovies…..
This book looks like such fun!! I would love making these for the Grankiddo’s & other new babies that are due soon!! (also..the lil models are Adorable too! The cute lovies make for big smiles! SWEETIES!! ) Thanks for great review…definitely on my Gotta Get List! 🙂
What a great collection! Perfect for babies, baby shower gifts, and charity for hospitals.
I make prayer shawls, and these would great to give to young children!
I LOVE this! I have a grandchild due next May and I plan on making at least one of these lovies!
Nature’s Gifts for Baby
This new book that you have posted in the COM contest looks like something that every crocheter he does something for the children is a must-have and her repertoire for her Bag of tricks to give to a new mom for a mom of toddlers. There are a variety of different toys that would be safer to give to a child then to go out and buy in the local grocery or supercenter They can be made in a variety of colors and styles.
I love 99 Snowflakes Vol 2 I make snowflakes for tree decorations package decorations and I hang them from the ceiling for my annual tree decorating party. I like that this book has so many different designs.
Use Up That Yarn. You use up your stash and make great gifts for the holidays. You make gifts and use up your stash of yarn. Its a win win.
Blankets for evewry baby for brand new nephew just born this week