Unleash your creativity and honor trailblazing females with an exclusive crochet pattern collection, featuring 15 inspirational women who changed the world. This unique set pays homage to scientists, performers, writers and more, turning their stories into exquisite crochet designs. Through these patterns, you will delve into the lives of these women, acknowledging their contributions to society while creating distinctive handmade gifts. This crochet collection is a fusion of craft and history, intended to inspire, educate and serve as a testament to women’s impact, through time and across the globe.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book to review from David & Charles. The opinions expressed are my own.
Title: More Crochet Iconic Women
Available from Amazon.
Written by: Carla Mitrani
Publisher: David & Charles
Current List Price: $24.99*
Amigurumi Patterns for 15 Incredible Women Who Changed the World.
Crochet Iconic Women
Delve into the lives of fifteen inspirational women and discover how their efforts have had a lasting impact in our world, even to this day.
From scientists and performers, to writers, athletes, campaigners and environmentalists, this collection of 15 unique crochet patterns pays tribute to the courageous women who have shaped our world.
With this crochet pattern collection you can learn more about each of the women and turn their stories into unique handmade gifts to inspire and delight for years to come.
15 Inspirational Women
Discover the inspiring lives of 15 incredible women who left an indelible mark on the world. These women have made a lasting difference in their respective industries, one that crocheters–and the world–can still feel today.
More Crochet Iconic Women Patterns
- JOSEPHINE BAKER | 7.75 inches tall
- ANNE FRANK | 7.25 inches tall
- WANGARI MAATHAI | 7.75 inches tall
- JOAN OF ARC | 7.5 inches tall
- DOLLY PARTON | 8.25 inches tall
- QUEEN ELIZABETH I | 8.25 inches tall
- ELLA FITZGERALD | 7.75 inches tall
- HELEN KELLER | 7.5 inches tall
- GRACE HOPPER | 8.25 inches tall
- MARY SHELLEY | 8.75 inches tall (includes a Frankenstein’s Monster doll – 4 inches tall)
- MISTY COPELAND | 8.5 inches tall
- HYPATIA OF ALEXANDRIA | 7.5 inches tall
- DIANA PRINCESS OF WALES | 7.75 inches tall
- HARRIET TUBMAN | 7.75 inches tall
- ADA LOVELACE | 7.75 inches tall
Yarn and Hook
All of the doll patterns use a 2.5 mm (C) crochet hook with 8-ply DK Weight Cotton Yarn. Some of the accessories use Super Fine (Fingering) Weight Cotton Yarn with a 2 mm (B) crochet hook.
The yarns used for the projects shown were:
- 8-ply DK Weight Cotton Yarn: 8/8 Rainbow Cotton from Hobbii
- Fingering (Super Fine) Weight Cotton Yarn: 8/4 Rainbow Cotton from Hobbii
Each pattern is written in US crochet terms and includes beautiful photographs of the dolls.
The following stitches were used in the creation of these amigurumi dolls:
- slip knot
- chain stitch
- slip stitch
- single crochet
- half double crochet
- double crochet
- triple crochet
- single crochet 2 stitches together
- picot stitch
- bobble stitch (step by step photo tutorial provided)
The book includes a great Techniques Section with many example photos.
The techniques included are:
- Anatomy of a stitch
- Invisible Single Crochet Decrease
- Regular Single Crochet Decrease
- Changing Color
- Fasten off invisibly
- Closing remaining stitches through the front loops
- Hiding ends inside the doll
- Working in rows
- Working in rounds
- Magic ring
- Joining legs
- Interrupting your work
- Attaching eyes
- Sewing the cheeks
- Making the collars
- Weaving in ends
- Joining the yarn to being a skirt or collar
- Closing the arms
- Creating armholes on vests
- Edging of flat pieces
- Sewing the arms
- Crocheting curls
- Sewing the hair
- Sewing loose pieces
- Making glasses
There are lots of helpful tips included in the techniques section too.
Make Your Own Icon
With the patterns and accessories in this book you can also make your own icon! They have mix-and-match outfits too!
My favorite amigurumi patterns from More Crochet Iconic Women are:
- Harriet Tubman – my son did a project last year on Harriet Tubman and I wish we had learned about her when I went to school (many moons ago). She was very important in saving slaves find safety and freedom with the Underground Railroad. She continued helping people after slavery was abolished and she was known for assisting black people find health care and jobs. She truly dedicated her entire life to helping others.
- Helen Keller – when I was a child we had the book series (Value Tales). I remember this book to this day and have always felt amazed that someone who lost their sight and hearing at such a young age was able to make such a huge difference during her lifetime. She was a disability advocate, political activist and lecturer.
I love that More Crochet Iconic Women is helping spread the word about women who made a difference to those around them and an impact on the world. If you missed book 1 in this series, Crochet Iconic Women, it included the following characters:
Marie Curie • Cleopatra • Queen Elizabeth II • Malala Yousafzai • Rosa Parks • Billie Holiday • Ruth Bader Ginsburg • Serena Williams • Greta Thunberg • Jane Goodall • Amelia Earhart • Jane Austen • Florence Nightingale • Audrey Hepburn • Emmeline Pankhurst
I recommend both books because of their inspiring content and the wonderful patterns that are included.
By Buying the book, More Crochet Iconic Women, you are helping to support Wonder Foundation.
Would you like to have your own copy of More Crochet Iconic Women?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Void in Quebec.
Start Date: November 5, 2023 8:00 pm ET
End Date: November 30, 2023, 11:59 pm ET
If you can not see the Rafflecopter Widget below, please click >HERE<a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you are not the winner of the Giveaway and you would still like to have your own copy of this fantastic book, you can purchase your book at Amazon:
I would like to thank David & Charles for both the review and giveaway copy of More Crochet Iconic Women.
Read my other Book Reviews >HERE<
*Prices subject to change*
*Giveaway is for 1 copy of the Book*
#dandcbooks #bookreview #giveaway #crochet
In every stitch, a story unfolds 🧶 Excited to introduce this wonderful collection of crochet patterns, inspired by 15 powerful women who changed the world 🌍 From scientists to athletes, each pattern is a tribute to their courage and impact. Time to turn their inspirational stories into unique, handmade gifts that will inspire for years to come 🎁 Transform your crochet experience, one influential woman at a time. 💪 #EmpowerStitch
Discover 15 inspirational women from history with Carla Mitrani’s collection of More Crochet Iconic Women. Choose from Josephine Baker, Anne Frank, Wangari Maathai, Dolly Parton and more. Get inspired and make unique gifts with these iconic crochet doll patterns.
#crocheticonicwomen #dandcbooks #bookreview