Free Crochet Pattern
Coral Glam Wrap Pattern
- Yarn: Patons Glam Stripes (Color – Coral) (2 balls). Sport / Fine Weight Yarn . 60 g; 239 m (261 yds). 90% Acrylic, 10% Metallic. Machine wash, gentle. Dry flat. Texture: Chained
- Hook: 4.5 mm (7)
- Length: ~72 inches (plus 2.5 inches on each end for the corkscrew fringe) = 77 inches
- Width: 10 inches
- st – stitch
- sts – stitches
- ch – chain
- sc – single crochet
- dc – double crochet
- tch – turning chain
- ch sp – chain space
- ch3sp – chain 3 space
- * to * – repeat the instructions between the * to * as indicated
Stitch Multiple: Multiple of 6 sts + 9
R1: Ch 64, beginning in the 4th ch from the hook (the skipped sts count as the 1st dc), 1 dc in each of the next 2 ch sts, ch 3, skip 3 ch sts, *1 dc in each of the next 3 ch sts, ch 3, skip 3 ch sts*; repeat from * to * across to the last ch st of the row, 1 dc in the last ch st, turn
R2: ch 3 (this counts as a dc now and throughout), 2 dc in the 1st ch3sp, *ch 3, 3 dc in the next ch3sp*; repeat from * to * across to the last 3 dc sts, ch 3, 1 dc in the top of the tch (remember we are treating this tch as the 1st dc of the previous row)
Repeat R2: 136 times or until you reach the length you desire
Finish off and weave in ends.
This is a very simple edging, although it does take a little bit of time to complete.
Join your yarn with a single crochet join to the 1st dc (of a set of 3 dc sts)
- Need help? See this tutorial: How to Join with a Single Crochet Stitch
You will now work across the bottom/top edges.
Work the following sequence of stitches into every dc stitch (and tch):
- 1 sc, ch 20; now work back along the 20 ch sts beginning in the 2nd ch st from your hook > crochet 2 sc in each ch st
Work the following sequence into every ch3sp:
- 3 sc
Repeat this across. In each dc st you will have a corkscrew and in each ch3sp you will have 3 sc sts.