Every year I look forward to Annie’s Special Christmas Issue! The 2021 Special Issue includes more than 50 holiday projects that you can crochet, knit, sew and quilt.
Title: Annie’s Christmas Special Issue 2021
Available at: Annie’s Craft Store
Current Price: $9.99*
You can help me choose the next Annie’s Craft Store Book I review! Browse the available books here and leave me a comment to let me know which one you want me to review next!
Annie’s Christmas Special Issue (2021)
In Annie’s Christmas Special Issue (2021) you will find four chapters of holiday designs including projects for quilts, throws, pincushions, mug rugs, ornaments, decorative pillows, tree skirts, table toppers and so much more. Get ready to be inspired and to add a little handmade to your holiday.
- Cocoa Mug Ornaments (felt – sewing)
- Crochet Cabled Christmas Stocking | INTERMEDIATE | Jumbo Roving Yarn | 15 mm (P/Q) hook | 16 inches circumference X 26 inches long | Sheryl Thies
- Knit Cabled Christmas Stocking (knitting)
- Modern Christmas Plus Quilt (quilting)
- Bulky Basketweave Pillow (knitting)
- Snow & Tell Wall Hanging (quilting)
- Chevron Colors (knitting)
- Holiday Sparklers Table Runner (quilting)
- Mug Cozy Snowman | INTERMEDIATE | Fine Weight Yarn  | 2.75 mm (C) hook | 3.5 inches high X 9.5 inches wide | Carolina Speek
- Honeycomb Knit Plant Basket (knitting)
- Snowflower Table Runner | INTERMEDIATE | Lace Weight Yarn  | 2.75 mm (C) hook | 18 inches wide X 36 inches long | Gwen Buttke McGannon
Merry & Bright
- Inset Mosaic Santa Pillow | INTERMEDIATE | Light Weight Yarn  for 20 inch X 20 inch pillow; Fine Weight Yarn  for 16 inch X 16 inch pillow | 4 mm (G) hook or 3.25 mm (D) hook | Carolina Speek
- Christmas Morning Mug Rugs | INTERMEDIATE | Medium Weight Yarn  | 5.5 mm (I) hook and 6.5 mm (K) hook | 7 inches wide X 8.5 inches long | Lena Skvagerson for Annie’s Signature Designs
- Vintage Crochet Ball Ornaments | INTERMEDIATE | Light Weight Yarn  | 4 mm (G) hook | 3 inches diameter | Lena Skvagerson for Annie’s Signature Designs
- Yule Tree Crochet Ornament | INTERMEDIATE | Medium Weight Yarn  | 4 mm (G) hook | 3.5 inches tall not including tassels | Lena Skvagerson for Annie’s Signature Designs
- Bjorn the Norwegian Reindeer | EASY | Light Weight Yarn  | 3.25 mm (D) hook | 3 inches diameter | Elisa’s Crochet
- Jolly Santa Basket (knitting)
- Holiday Gala Table Runner (quilting)
- Santa & Snowman Ornaments (felt – sewing)
- Sleeping Gnomes Quilt (quilting)
- Gifts of the Season (quilting)
- Christmas Fabric Basket (sewing)
- Christmas Pinwheel Ornaments (quilting)
- Christmas Pinwheels Quilt (quilting)
- Gnome Towel Topper | EASY | Medium Weight Yarn  | 5 mm (H) hook | 5 inches wide X 8 inches long | Tonya Bush
- Comfort & Joy Pillow (quilting)
- Decorating the Tree Santa Ornament (felt – sewing)
- Looking for the Perfect Tree (quilting)
- Pedi-Plush Rug | EASY | Super Bulky Weight Yarn  | 8 mm (L) hook | 20 inches wide X 35 inches long | Becky Barker
- Gingerbread Ornament Place Mat (quilting)
- Granny’s Favorite Afghan | INTERMEDIATE | Bulky Weight Yarn  | 8 mm (L) hook | 54 inches square | Premier Yarns Design Team
- Reindeer Friend Wall Hanging (quilting)
- O Holy Night | EASY | Lace Weight Yarn  | 1.65 mm Size 7 steel hook | 23.5 inches tall X 28.5 inches wide | Joyce Geisler
- Christmas Nine-Patch Hot Pad | EASY | Light Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 8 inches square | Kristen Stoltzfus Clay
- Chevron Tree Skirt | EASY | Medium Weight Yarn  | 5.5 mm (I) hook | 39 inches from point to point | Margret Willson
- Think Snow Pillow (sewing)
- Woodland Ornaments (felt – sewing)
- Red Truck Ornament & Gift-Card Holder | EASY | Medium Weight Yarn  | 4 mm (G) hook | 3 inches X 5 inches | Maria’s Blue Crayon
- Bringing Home the Tree Hot Pad | INTERMEDIATE | Medium Weight Yarn  | 5 mm (H) hook | 10.75 inches wide X 11 inches long | Elisa’s Crochet
- Holiday Lodge Pocket Pot Holders (quilting)
- Festive Fir Ornament | EASY | Medium Weight Yarn  | 4 mm (G) hook | 3.25 inches diameter | Lena Skvagerson for Annie’s Signature Designs
- Knit Gnome Ornaments (knitting)
- Crochet Gnome Ornaments | EASY | Medium Weight Yarn  | 4 mm (g) hook | 5 inches with hat folded | Lena Skvagerson for Annie’s Signature Designs
- Homestead Plaid | CONFIDENT BEGINNER | Medium Weight Yarn  | 6 mm (J) hook | 50 inches X 60 inches not including fringe | Maggie Weldon
- Holidays at Home Wall Hanging (quilting)
Quilting & Applique Templates
Page 128 to 135
It is in this section that you will find all the templates for the sewing projects.
Bottom of page 135
- Straight stitch
- French knot
- Fly stitch variation
- Slip stitch
- Blanket stitch
- Lazy daisy stitch
Page 136 to 137
- Quilt Backing & Batting
- Binding the Quilt
- Raw-edge Fusible Applique: Choosing Applique Fabrics, Cutting Applique Pieces, Stitch Applique Edges, General Applique Tip
Page 138 to 139
- Long-Tail Cast-On
- Knit (k), Purl (p)
- Bind Off: Binding Off (knit), Binding Off (purl)
- Increase (Inc): Bar increase (knit: kfb), Bar Increase (purl: pfb)
- Make 1 with Left Twist (M1L), Make 1 with Right Twist (M1R), Make 1 with backward loop
- Decrease (dec): Knit 2 Together (k2tog), Purl 2 Together (p2tog)
- Slip, Slip, Knit (ssk); Slip, Slip, Purl (ssp)
- Standard Abbreviations & Skill Levels
Page 140 to 141.
- Skill Levels & Standard Yarn Weight System
- Stitch Abbreviations
- Single crochet decrease (sc dec)
- Half double crochet decrease (hdc dec)
- Reverse single crochet (reverse sc)
- Chain (ch)
- Single crochet (sc)
- Double crochet (dc)
- Front loop (front lp), Back loop (back lp)
- Front post stitch (fp), Back post stitch (bp)
- Half double crochet (hdc)
- Double treble crochet (dtr)
- Slip stitch (sl st)
- Chain color change (ch color change)
- Double crochet color change (dc color change)
- Treble crochet (tr)
- Whipstitch Edges
- Back bar of chain
- Single crochet around ring
- Slip ring
If the supplies you need aren’t available at anniescraftstore.com this section includes the contact information of the manufacturers whose supplies were used in the projects.
Take a closer look at all the projects you can make here: Annie’s Christmas Special Issue 2021
These patterns are written in U.S. crochet terms. Special Stitches are included at the beginning of each written pattern, following the Pattern Notes. Stitch counts are included for each round of the project.
The stitch guide is located on page 141 to 142 and includes both written instructions and diagrams for common crochet stitches and techniques.
Need more help with stitches? Check out Annie’s Craft Store’s free online Stitch Guide here.
There are so many adorable projects included in this year’s special Christmas Issue. I love the handsewn felt ornaments, the knit Gnome ornaments and the knit Santa Basket.
My favorite crochet designs in Annie’s Christmas Special Issue 2021 are:
- O Holy Night
- Bringing Home the Tree Hot Pad
- Crochet Gnome Ornaments
- Gnome Towel Toppers
- Yule Tree Crochet Ornament
You can see all the projects here. What will you make first?
Would you like to have your own digital copy of Annie’s Christmas Special Issue 2021?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Void in Quebec.
Start Date: October 30, 2021 12:00 am ET
End Date: November 13, 2021, 11:59 pm ET
If you can not see the Rafflecopter Widget below, please click >HERE<a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you are not the winner of the Giveaway and you would still like to have your own copy of Annie’s Christmas Special Issue 2021, you can purchase your copy directly from Annie’s Craft Store:
I would like to thank Annie’s Craft Store for both the review and giveaway copies of Annie’s Christmas Special Issue 2021.
Read my other Annie’s Craft Store Book Reviews >HERE<
*Prices subject to change*
*Giveaway is for 1 copy of the eBook*