Amazing Crocheted Animal Rug Patterns
Crocheted Animal Rugs includes patterns for 10 different wild animals. Each pattern includes written instructions, hand-drawn charts and helpful photographs.
I received a copy of this book to review from GMC Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. If you purchase this book after you click on one of my affiliate links in the post, I will receive a small commission for referring you, at no additional cost to you.
Title: Crocheted Animal Rugs
Available from Amazon.
Designed by: Vanessa Mooncie
Publisher: GMC Books
Current List Price: *24.95
These crocheted animal rugs are adorable!
Crocheted Animal Rugs
Crocheted Animal Rugs is 184-pages in length. It includes beautiful and helpful photographs, hand-drawn stitch diagrams and detailed written pattern instructions.
You will find the table of Contents on pages 17-18, an introduction to the Designer, Vanessa Mooncie on page 19 and a stunning photo Gallery, of the finished animal rugs, from page 7 to 17.
Crocheted Animal Rug Patterns
- Tiger | DK Weight Yarn  | 4 mm (G) hook | Finished size: 32.25 inches wide X 35.5 inches long (excluding head)
- Rhinoceros | DK Weight Yarn  and Fingering Weight Yarn  | 3.5 mm (E) hook and 4 mm (G) hook | Finished size: 32 inches wide X 30.75 inches long (excluding head and tail fringe)
- Zebra | DK Weight Yarn  and Fingering Weight Yarn  | 3.5 mm (E) hook and 4 mm (G) hook | Finished size: 31 inches wide X 33 inches long (excluding head and tail fringe)
- Black Bear | DK Weight Yarn  | 4 mm (G) hook | Finished size: 32.25 inches wide X 27.5 inches long (excluding head)
- Crocodile | DK Weight Yarn  | 4 mm (G) hook | Finished size: 32.5 inches wide X 38.5 inches long (excluding head)
- Fox | DK Weight Yarn  | 4 mm (G) hook | Finished size: 28.375 inches wide X 34.75 inches long (excluding head)
- Lion | DK Weight Yarn  | 4 mm (G) hook | Finished size: 33.5 inches wide X 33.5 inches long (excluding head and tail fringe)
- Giraffe | DK Weight Yarn  and Fingering Weight Yarn  | 3.5 mm (E) and 4 mm (G) hook | Finished size: 41.375 inches wide X 51.25 inches long (excluding head and tail fringe)
- Wild Boar | DK Weight Yarn  | 4 mm (G) hook | Finished size: 27.5 inches wide X 27 inches long (excluding head and tail fringe)
- Polar Bear | DK Weight Yarn  | 4 mm (G) hook | Finished size: 32.25 inches wide X 27.5 inches long (excluding head)
The projects start on page 18 but, before you get started, I recommend you flip to page 166 for the Getting Started section of the book.
The Getting Started section begins on page 166. This section includes the following information:
- Crochet Hooks – the projects in Crocheted Animal Rugs use either a size 3.5 mm (E), or 4 mm (G) hook.
- Substituting Yarns
- Reading Charts
- Tension (aka as gauge)
Following the Getting Started section is the Crochet Stitches section (pages 168-174). The different crochet stitches and techniques used for the projects are illustrated and explained with step-by-step written instructions.
- slip knot
- magic loop
- chain (ch)
- slip stitch (sl st)
- double crochet (dc) – US single crochet (sc)
- half treble (htr) – US half double crochet (hdc)
- treble (tr) – US double crochet (dc)
- loop stitch (lp st)
- make bobble (mb)
- decreasing (dc2tog, dc3tog, htr2tog, htr3tog, tr2tog) (US sc2tog, sc3tog, hdc2tog, hdc3tog, dc2tog)
- working into the front or back loop only
- working with multiple colors, joining a new color, carrying unused yarn across the work
Immediately following this section is Finishing Touches, which includes tips on how to effectively stuff your project, how to sew your pieces together (i.e. back stitch, whip stitch), how to make tassels and how to make different embroidery stitches (i.e. straight stitch, satin stitch, lazy daisy stitch; fly stitch).
The abbreviations list is on page 179, along with the Crochet Hook Conversion Charts and UK and US Crochet Terms Chart.
All of the projects are written in UK crochet terms.
If you are used to following US crochet patterns, don’t let the fact that these are written in UK terms hold you back! You can find the US equivalent terms on page 179 and since each stitch is explained in the Crochet Stitches section, with helpful diagrams and stitch charts, it is easy to double check how a stitch is being made.
Which crocheted animal rug is your favorite?
Would you like to have your own copy of Crocheted Animal Rugs?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook here!
This giveaway is open to residents of the UK, Continental USA and Canada. Void in Quebec.
Start Date: May 7, 2022
End Date: May 21, 2022, 11:59 pm EST.
If you cannot see the Rafflecopter Widget area below, please click here to enter.
<a class="rcptr" href="http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/9890c9af352/" rel="nofollow" data-raflid="9890c9af352" data-theme="classic" data-template="57f3091df222f6ce0bfe77f4" id="rcwidget_bl1f8hct">a Rafflecopter giveaway</a> <script src="https://widget-prime.rafflecopter.com/launch.js"></script>
If you are not the winner of the giveaway and you would still like to have your own copy of Crocheted Animal Rugs, you can purchase your book at Amazon:
I would like to thank GMC Books for the review and giveaway copies of Crocheted Animal Rugs.
For more information about GMC Books and to browse all their fantastic books, visit their website, Instagram, or Twitter.
Read my other Book Reviews here.
*Prices subject to change*
**Giveaway is for 1 copy of the book**
#crochet #animalrug #crochetrug #animalblanket #gmcbooks @GMCbooks @gmcpublications
Would love to make any of the african animal blankets for my grandbabies
I’d make the alligator first but all of them are so cute.
I really want to make that lion for the new baby’s room!
These are very neat!
Giraffe looks interesting to make