Welcome! My name is Rhondda and I am so happy you found my small corner of the internet 🙂 At Oombawka Design you will find hundreds of free crochet patterns, step-by-step photo tutorials, video tutorials, crochet alongs (CALs), free pattern roundups and a friendly online crochet community. Thank you for visiting, commenting and sharing my posts. I appreciate each and every visit.
All About Oombawka Design
Oombawka Design was created as a way for me to share my crochet projects with my friends and family. Initially, I was crocheting and selling little stuffed toys.
The name “Oombawka”, came from a word my daughter used for a little toy I was crocheting at the time – the Mini Meows (or Little Oombawkas).
My daughter (who was almost 3 years old then) called them her ‘Oombawkas‘ – so when I was trying to decide what to call my blog I chose Oombawka because I was pretty sure no one else in the world had ever used the word before and because there was a personal meaning to me. You can read my full story here: About Me 2017
Oombawka Design began in 2013. My hobby has become my full-time job and I love every single moment of it. Crochet is my ‘happy place’ and being able to share my designs with you and helping you to learn how to crochet makes me happy.
I hope to be able to continue blogging and sharing my designs with you for years to come.
Rhondda is a freelance Crochet Designer and full-time Blogger at Oombawka Design Crochet. Here she shares her love of crochet with the online crochet community through her beginner friendly free patterns and tutorials. Rhondda recently contributed 5 designs to the book: Bold Baby Crochet. She currently resides in Ontario, Canada with her husband and two young children. Find her patterns on Ravelry as RhonddaM.
Join my Crochet Community on Facebook – Free Crochet Patterns
- All My Free Patterns
- Afghan Squares
- Angel Patterns
- Blanket and Afghan Patterns
- Boot Cuff Patterns
- Christmas Patterns
- Dishcloth Patterns
- Hat Patterns
- Shawl & Wrap Patterns
- Toys & Amigurumi Patterns
- Micro Preemie Baby Patterns
- Mitten Patterns
- Preemie Baby Crochet Patterns
- Scarf and Cowl Patterns
- Jewelry Patterns
- Free Patterns featuring Red Heart Yarns
- Free Patterns featuring Lion Brand Yarns
- Crochet Alongs – CALs
- Guest Posts
- Crochet Pattern Roundups
- Vintage Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Charity Patterns
- Search our Charity Directory here.
- Learn to Crochet – Video Tutorials and Cheat Sheets
- Let’s Learn a New Crochet Stitch
- Kitchen Crochet Tutorials
- Photo Tutorials
- Video Tutorials
- Blogging Tips
- Crochet Tips
Parties and Giveaways
Do you have something you would like me to review? Please contact me.
My Patterns and Tutorials on Other Sites
- How to Crochet: Seed Stitch
- How to Seed Stitch Crochet
- Crochet Dishcloth Pattern 6 Inches by 6 Inches
- How to Crochet: Catherine Wheel Stitch Tutorial
- How to Crochet: Popcorn Stitch Tutorial
- How to Crochet: Spider Stitch Crochet Tutorial
- How to Crochet: Easy Classic Granny Square Tutorial
My Patterns You Can Buy
- Top Blogger AFC 2015
- Top Blogger AFC 2016
- Top Blogger AFC 2017
- Top Blogger AFC 2018
- Top 25 Crochet Blogs of 2018
- FaveCrafts Top Blogger of 2018
- Top 25 Crochet blogs of 2019
- Top Blogger AFC 2020
Crochet Pattern and Tutorial Features
Always feel free to contact me – with questions or concerns. I will respond as quickly as I can!
All the best,