Agnes Infinity Cowl Pattern
My Agnes Infinity Cowl Pattern is an easy-to-crochet infinity cowl that can be crocheted with 219 g of Medium Weight Yarn  and a 5.5 mm (I) hook.
The matching hat pattern will be available next Sunday!
If you share your finished Agnes Infinity Cowl photo online, be sure to tag it with #AgnesCowl so I can see it too! Thanks! Rhondda
Remember this project is just one of the three brand-new scarf patterns today!
Learn more about our Scarf of the Month Club CAL below:
For our 2020 Crochet Along, we are continuing the Scarf of the Month Club and adding a little twist.
This year we will be hosting a Scarf and Hat of the Month Club CAL. This means you will get 3 brand-new scarf patterns and 3 brand-new hat patterns each month.
PLUS, each Designer will be offering a PDF copy of their pattern, for free, for 24-hours!
Look for this button in our pattern post (scroll down for mine!):
Be sure to visit each of our sites to get your coupon code to receive free PDF copies of our 3 Scarf Patterns.
The PDF coupons are only available for 24-hours!
If you miss the free PDF pattern, don’t worry because the patterns will always be available for free in our posts online.
If you still want the PDF copy and missed the CAL coupon, you can get a copy from my Ravelry Shop for 50% off (coupon expires July 30, 2020 at 11:59 pm ET) using coupon code AGNESCOWL50
For the 2020 Scarf and Hat of the Month Club CAL posts that are already available please visit my introduction post here: Announcing the CAL
For my previous Scarf of the Month Club CAL patterns visit these posts:
2016 Scarf of the Month Club
2017 Scarf of the Month Club
2018 Scarf of the Month Club
2019 Scarf of the Month Club
July 2020 Scarf of the Month Club CAL Patterns
Ombre Granny Stripe Cowl Pattern Visit: Amy at The Stitchin’ Mommy
Agnes Infinity Cowl Pattern Visit: Rhondda at Oombawka Design (scroll to the bottom of this post!)
Dahlia Shawl Scarf Pattern Visit: Jennifer at A Crocheted Simplicity
[disclaimer]The Red Heart Yarn used to create this pattern was given to me by Yarnspirations.[/disclaimer]
Agnes Infinity Cowl Pattern
PIN this pattern for later here!
Create your project page on Ravelry here.
- Yarn: Red Heart Roll With It Melange. 5.29 oz (150 g) and 389 yds (356 m). 100% Acrylic. Medium Weight Yarn . Machine wash warm, gentle cycle. Tumble dry low. Do not overdry. Do not iron. Do not bleach. Red Heart Super Saver. 7 oz (198 g) and 364 yds (333 m). 100 % Acrylic. Medium Weight Yarn . Machine wash and dry.
- Colors: 1 skein in Red Heart Roll With It Melange – Catwalk, and 1 skein in Red Heart Super Saver – Aran.
- Hook: 5.5 mm (I). I used this hook.
- Finished Project Weight: Infinity Cowl: 219 g
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, Stitch Marker
Infinity Cowl length approximately 75 inches X 9 inches width
Approximately 3 rows (worked in sp-dc2tog) per 2 inches and 6 sc per 2 inches
You can substitute any yarn and hook for this stitch pattern – just remember when you substitute if your gauge is different, the finished size, and amount of yarn used for your project will also be different.
US Terminology used
beg – beginning
ch – chain
ch1sp – chain 1 space
dc – double crochet
R – round
rem – remaining
rep – repeat
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
sl st – slip stitch
sp-dc2tog – special double crochet 2 together (see special stitches)
st/sts – stitch/stitches
* to **– Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated. This repeat will contain multiple instructions.
 – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches
() – important notes AND sets of stitches to be worked within one stitch, or space
Special Double Crochet 2 Together: (sp-dc2tog): yarn over hook, insert hook into specified stitch (or chain space), yarn over and pull up 1 loop, yarn over and pull through 2 loops on your hook. Sk 1 stitch. Yarn over, insert hook into the next stitch (or chain space), yarn over and pull up 1 loop, yarn over and pull through 2 loops on your hook, yarn over and pull through the rem 2 loops on your hook. The next sp-dc2tog will begin in the same st (or chain space) that the last sp-dc2tog finished in (where the second leg of the st stands).
Helpful Video Tutorials
- Color A: Aran, Color B: Catwalk
- Change yarn color on the yarn over of the slip stitch (joining stitch).
- The initial (ch 2, sk 1 sc, 1 dc in the next sc) counts as 1 sp-dc2tog
- Stitch multiple is 2 (plus the turning chain if you are working in rows +1)
- I work in the back bump of the starting chain because it allows the front and back loops of the stitch to remain and by doing so it gives the foundation chain more elasticity (stretch). You can alternately work under the bl of the chain if you prefer.
Get the PDF for FREE today (June 19, 2020) from my Ravelry Shop!
Don’t forget to enter the Coupon Code
to get the PDF for free.
Link to Ravelry: https://www.ravelry.com/redeem/oombawka-design?code=AGNES2020
Double check your total is showing free $0.00 owing
and click “checkout now“.
Refunds will not be given for improperly applied or forgotten coupons.
If you have trouble making the coupon code work please contact me before you pay so I can help!
Access the full written pattern in the blog post below.
Agnes Infinity Scarf Pattern Instructions
This infinity cowl is crocheted in joined rounds.
Photo support is provided after the written instructions. Images can be made larger by clicking on them!
Using your 5.5 mm (I) hook (or size required for gauge) and leaving an 5 inch yarn tail:
R1: With Color A: ch 224. Without twisting the foundation chain, bring the first chain beside the last chain worked to create a circle and begin crocheting across the foundation chain. Work 1 sc in the back bump of each ch around. Sl st to the initial sc to join. [224 sc]
R2: Ch 2, sk 1 sc, 1 dc in the next sc. *Starting in the same st as the last leg of the last st worked, sp-dc2tog, ch 1**. Rep from * to ** around. Sl st to the first dc of the round, changing to Color B, on the yarn over of the slip stitch. [112 sp-dc2tog, 112 ch1sp]
R3: Ch 1, beg in the ch1sp falling immediately bef the sl st to join, work 1 sp-dc2tog. **Starting in the same ch1sp as the last leg of the last st worked, sp-dc2tog, ch 1**. Rep from * to ** around. Sl st to the first dc of the round, changing to Color A, on the yarn over of the slip stitch. [112 sp-dc2tog, 112 ch1sp]
R4: Ch 1, beg in the ch1sp falling immediately bef the sl st to join, work 1 sp-dc2tog. **Starting in the same ch1sp as the last leg of the last st worked, sp-dc2tog, ch 1**. Rep from * to ** around. Sl st to the first dc of the round, changing to Color B, on the yarn over of the slip stitch. [112 sp-dc2tog, 112 ch1sp]
R4-R16: Rep R3 and R4; do not change yarn colors at the end of the last round, instead proceed to R17.
R17: Ch 1, 1 sc in each st and ch1sp around. Finish off with an invisible join. [224 sc]
Weave in any remaining ends.
- If you would like to share your progress, please feel free to add your Ravelry Project Pages for each of the scarves you make!
- Each pattern post will include a specific pattern link to Ravelry so you can add your own project.
- Learn how to add projects to Ravelry here.
- We would also love to see your projects on Instagram!
- Tag us on Instagram at @thestitchinmommy and/or @oombawkadesigncrochet and use the hashtag #ScarfHatoftheMonthClub2020 to share your progress with us.
- If you’re on Facebook, check out our Crochet With Us Group and The Stitchin’ Mommy Crochet Community.
- You can feel free to share your progress, ask questions, and get help with the patterns from this CAL in our chat-friendly groups.
If you would like to be notified when the new free scarf patterns are published, you can sign up for our FREE monthly newsletter here:
Click here to subscribe to our Scarf of the Month Club mailing list
Please note, if you signed up for last year’s CAL but want to receive the emails for this year’s CAL, please sign up again using the form above as we are starting with a new list.
We hope you are crocheting along with us this year and I hope you have enjoyed the last 18 free crochet patterns!
Happy Crocheting 🙂
#scarfhatofthemonthclub2020 #freepatterns #crochet #CAL #crochetalong #2020CAL #redheartyarn #joycreators #yarnspirations #furlscrochet