Afghans for the Family includes 7 crochet blanket patterns that would be perfect for any member of the family.
[disclaimer]I received a copy of this book to review from Leisure Arts. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. This post includes affiliate links. If you purchase this book after you click on one of my affiliate links in the post, I will receive a small commission for referring you, at no additional cost to you.[/disclaimer]
Afghans for the Family
This book includes 7 projects that are perfectly sized for babies, kids and adults.
The patterns include lacy textures, as well as, geometric designs. Most of the designs are listed as Easy Difficulty level. The patterns are written in U.S. Crochet Terminology and if special stitches are used within the design, a written description and diagram of the stitch is provided at the beginning of the pattern. Some of the special stitches that are used to create the designs are:
- Front Post Double Crochet
- Back Post Double Crochet
- Long Double Crochet
- Back Post Single Crochet
- Front Post Single Crochet
- Treble Crochet
- Diamonds Baby Blanket by Cheryl A. Riley | EASY+ | Size: 40.5 inches X 42.5 inches | Light Weight Yarn  | 5 mm (H) hook
- Geometric Diamonds | INTERMEDIATE | Size: 41.5 inches X 56.5 inches | Medium Weight Yarn  | 6 mm (J) hook
- Lacy Texture by Barbara Shaffer | EASY | Size: 49 inches X 66.5 inches | Medium Weight Yarn  | 6 mm (J) hook
- Shadow Box by Kathleen Garen| EASY | Size: 47 inches X 64 inches | Medium Weight Yarn  | 4.5 mm (7) hook
- Royal Mosaic by Margret Willson | EASY | Size: 48 inches X 63.5 inches | Medium Weight Yarn  | 5.5 mm (I) hook
- Geometric Squares by Anne Halliday | EASY+ | Size: 44 inches X 65.5 inches | Light Weight Yarn  | 4 mm (G) hook
- Square Gems | EASY+ | Size: 48 inches X 63 inches | Medium Weight Yarn  | 6 mm (J) hook
More images are available here.
Of the included projects in Afghans For the Family, my 2 favorites are the Geometric Squares and the Geometric Diamonds.
Which is your favorite?
The General Instructions can be found on page 29. You will find common crochet abbreviations, symbols, terms and techniques. The following crochet terms are included; most with diagrams.
- Joining with sc
- Joining with hdc
- Joining with dc
- Back ridge of chains
- Back & front loops only
- Free Loops
- Working in space between stitches
- Working in front of, around, or behind a stitch
- Post Stitch
- Changing Colors
The Yarn Information is included on page 32.
- Bernat® Softee® Baby™
- Bernat® Softee® Baby Colors™
- Bernat® Satin™
- Red Heart® Super Saver®
- Lion Brand® New Basic 175
- Bernat® Li’l Tots™
- Lion Brand® New Basic 175
- Patons® Canadiana™
- Red Heart® Fashion Soft™
I really like the geometric designs included in this afghan collection. Many of these blankets would be great for any gender and age.
Would you like to win an eBook copy of Afghans for the Family?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law. Void in Quebec. Start Date: April 4, 2020; 12:00 am ET End Date: April 11, 2020, 11:59 pm ET In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here: LeisureArts.com
If you can’t see the Rafflecopter widget below, please click >HERE< to enter.
If you are not the lucky winner of the giveaway and you would like to purchase your own copy of Afghans for the Family directly from Leisure Arts:
Check out my other Leisure Arts Reviews >HERE<
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of Afghans for the Family and for the giveaway copy for my readers!