A Crochet Journey follows Mark Roseboom (The Guy With the Hook) on a Global Crochet Adventure filled with patterns, textures and colors. Each of these projects was crocheted with a different type of Scheepjes yarn.
[disclaimer]I received a copy of this book to review from David & Charles. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. If you purchase this book after you click on one of my affiliate links in the post, I will receive a small commission for referring you, at no additional cost to you.[/disclaimer]
12 exquisite crochet patterns inspired by 12 incredible travel destinations
Crochet Journey includes 12 exquisite crochet patterns inspired by incredible journeys taken to 12 different travel destinations.
This book includes 128-pages of written instructions, crochet charts, diagrams, photographs and travel journal entries. Explore the different destinations that these patterns were inspired by through the travel stories shared by Mark Roseboom.
I love the creative twist that this book was designed around. As the reader you get to explore the projects from a totally different perspective and it makes for an endearing crochet journey for each project you choose to make.
Your Crochet Journey begins with a Map of Contents where you can see the different locations Mark travelled to and for which he designed patterns to commemorate his journey. You will find the General Tips & Tricks for the Patterns included beginning on page 6, the stitch abbreviations (in US Terms) and symbols on page 9 and the patterns begin on page 10.
Crochet Journey Patterns
- Rivendell Shawl inspired by New Zealand (Wellington – Kaitoke Regional Park) | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | Scheepjes Whirl Yarn
- Santa Maria Maggiore Rug inspired by Italy (Santa maria Maggiore Cathedral) | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | Scheepjes Stone Washed/River Washed Yarn
- Kamakura Pin Cushion inspired by Japan | 1.75 mm (4/0) crochet hook | Scheepjes Maxi Sweet Treat Yarn
- Nazar Mandala inspired by Turkey (Bodrum) | 5 mm (H) crochet hook | Scheepjes Cahlista Yarn
- Fading Light Scarf inspired by Greenland | 5.5 mm (I) crochet hook | Scheepjes Merino Soft Yarn
- Rituals Pouf inspired by India (Varanasi) | 5.5 mm (I) crochet hook | Scheepjes Chunky Monkey Yarn
- Irish Shores Throw inspired by Northern Ireland | 5 mm (H) crochet hook | Scheepjes Skies Heavy Yarn
- Portuguese Tiles inspired by Portugal (Lisbon) | 3 mm (C2/D3) crochet hook | Scheepjes Catona Yarn
- Ketut’s Mandala inspired by Indonesia (Bali) | 3 mm (C2/D3) crochet hook | Scheepjes Cotton 8 Yarn
- Rainbow Subway Throw inspired by USA (New York) | 5.5 mm (I) and 6 mm (J) crochet hooks | Scheepjes Cahlista Yarn
- La Boca Shawl inspired by Argentina (Buenos Aires) | 5.5 mm (I) crochet hook | Scheepjes Whirligig Yarn
- Templar Cross Table Runner inspired by Poland (Malbork) | 4 mm (G) and 4.5 mm (7) crochet hooks | Scheepjes Merino Soft Yarn
It is very difficult for me to choose my favorite project in this book because I truly love each of them. So, here are my top 3 picks:
- La Boca Shawl
- Rituals Pouf
- Rivendell Shawl (because I am a HUGE LOTR fan)
I really enjoyed Mark Roseboom’s book and the way it was presented. The pages are beautifully put together. I think Mark has an excellent eye for color and design in his projects and I very much enjoyed his travel stories about each of the 12 destinations. I like the thought that you can make a project from each of these destinations, so it is a bit of a crochet travel adventure for the crocheter too.
Would you like to have your own copy of Crochet Journey?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Void in Quebec.
Start Date: November 29, 2022 9:00 pm ET
End Date: December 29, 2022, 11:59 pm ET
If you can not see the Rafflecopter Widget below, please click >HERE<a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you are not the winner of the Giveaway and you would still like to have your own copy of Crochet Journey, you can purchase your book at Amazon:
When you visit this link, click the words Look inside above the cover image
to see an example of the content included.
I would like to thank David & Charles for both the review and giveaway copy of Crochet Journey.
Read my other Book Reviews >HERE<
*Prices subject to change*
*Giveaway is for 1 copy of the Book*
#dandcbooks #crochetjourney #bookreview #giveaway