These 9 patterns are perfect for self striping yarns.
[disclaimer]I received a copy of this eBook to review from Leisure Arts. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. This post includes affiliate links. If you purchase this book after you click on one of my affiliate links in the post, I will receive a small commission for referring you, at no additional cost to you.[/disclaimer]
Title: Self-Striping Projects
Author: Bonnie Barker
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., 2018
Photographer: Jason Masters
*Digital Download: $7.99
Each of these beautifully textured projects looks amazing crocheted with self striping yarn.
The difficulty levels range from easy to intermediate and the yarns used include medium weight  and light weight  self striping, or ombre yarn varieties.
Each pattern includes it’s own written stitch guide for the special stitches you need to use. Stitch counts are provided at the end of each row (or round). Headings are in larger fonts and bold print. The instructions are written in U.S. Crochet terms.
The patterns included are:
- Sweet Baby Blanket. EASY. Size: 30.5 inch square. Supplies: Medium Weight Yarn  and 5.5 mm (I) hook
- Cabled Backpack. MEDIUM. Size: 14.5 inch wide by 16.5 inch long. Supplies: Medium Weight Yarn  and 5.5 mm (I) and 6.5 mm (K) hooks
- Cap & Cowl. INTERMEDIATE. Cap Size: Fits 21-22 inch circumference. Cowl Size: 25 inch by 8 inch. Supplies: Light Weight Yarn  and 4 mm (G) and 5 mm (H) hooks
- Rainbow Baby Blanket. INTERMEDIATE. Size: 25 inch square. Supplies: Light Weight Yarn  and 5 mm (H) hook
- Stole. EASY. Size: 19 inch wide by 63 inch long. Supplies: Medium Weight Yarn  and 5.5 mm (I) hook
- Celtic Weave Cowl. INTERMEDIATE. Size: 26 inch by 8 inch. Supplies: Light Weight Yarn  and 5 mm (H) hook
- Poncho. INTERMEDIATE. Size: Fits most. Supplies: Medium Weight Yarn  and 6 mm (J) hook
- Shoulder Wrap. INTERMEDIATE. Size: Small/Medium and Large/X-Large. Supplies: Medium Weight Yarn  and 6 mm (J) hook
You can see even more images here: Self Striping Projects
The General Instructions begin on page 43 and include abbreviations, symbols & terms and the following explanations and stitch techniques:
- joining with sc
- back loops only
- free loops
- post stitch
- working in a space before a stitch
- reverse single crochet
Diagrams have been included for many of the techniques to help you understand the written instructions.
The sample projects were crocheted in the following yarns:
- SWEET BABY BLANKET. Red Heart® Super Saver® Ombré™. #3967 Sea Coral
- CABLED BACKPACK. Premier® Yarns Sweet Roll™. 1047-26 Wasabi Pop
- CAP & COWL. Lion Brand® Manadala®. #217 Genie
- RAINBOW BABY BLANKET. Lion Brand® Manadala®. #209 Gnome
- STOLE. Red Heart® Unforgettable®. #3956 Polo
- CELTIC WEAVE COWL. Lion Brand® Manadala®. #212 Spirit
- PONCHO. Premier® Yarns Sweet Roll™. #1047-17 Capuccino Pop
- SHOULDER WRAP. Bernat® Pop!™. #84012 Foggy Notion
Would you like to win a eBook copy of Self Striping Projects?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law. Void in Quebec.
Start Date: February 5, 2019; 12:00 am ET
End Date: February 12, 2019, 11:59 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free
Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here:
If you can’t see the Rafflecopter widget below, please click here to enter: Rafflecopter
If you are not the lucky winner of the giveaway and you would like to purchase your own copy of Self Striping Projects, you can get it directly from Leisure Arts:
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of Self Striping Projects and for the giveaway copy for my readers!
@leisurearts @leisureartsinc #leisurearts #leisureartsinc #self-striping #giveaway