With it’s included beginner’s guide, you can make any of the 8 beautiful designs included in Fair Isle Crochet Projects.
[disclaimer]I received a copy of this eBook to review from Leisure Arts. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. This post includes affiliate links. If you purchase this book after you click on one of my affiliate links in the post, I will receive a small commission for referring you, at no additional cost to you.[/disclaimer]
Title: Fair Isle Crochet Projects
Author: Melissa Leapman
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., 2018
Photographer: Jason Masters
Digital Download: $9.99
Adding color to your crochet projects is not as difficult as you think. Melissa Leapman’s new book, Fair Isle Crochet Projects, guides you through the basics and includes 8 patterns you can use to make your own hats, scarves, cowls, pillows and afghans.
A step-by-step photo tutorial is provided to show you exactly how to change your yarn colors (in more than one way), how to carry your yarn floats and how to read and work from the included charts.
Each pattern includes a color chart and written instructions. You will need to follow the chart for the color changes for each pattern.
The patterns included are:
- Laurel Leaves Hat & Scarf. Supplies: Medium Weight Yarn  and a 5 mm (H) crochet hook. Difficulty: Easy+
- Hugs & Kisses Hat & Cowl. Supplies: Medium Weight Yarn  and a 5 mm (H) crochet hook. Difficulty: Easy+
- Stars & Diamonds Afghan & Pillow. Supplies: Medium Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) hook for the Afghan and a 5.5 mm (I) hook for the pillow. Difficulty: Easy+
- Zigzags & Diamonds Afghan & Pillow. Supplies: Medium Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) hook for the Afghan and 5 mm (H) hook for the pillow. Difficulty: Easy+
Each pattern includes it’s own written stitch guide for the special stitches you need to use.
You can see even more images here: Fair Isle Crochet Projects
The General Instructions begin on page 44 and include abbreviations, symbols & terms and the following explanations and stitch techniques:
- joining with sc
- back ridge
- back loops only
- free loops
- post stitch
- weave thru stitches
Diagrams have been included for many of the techniques to help you visualize the explanations.
The sample projects were crocheted in the following yarns:
- LAUREL LEAVES HAT & SCARF > Lion Brand® Wool-Ease®
- HUGS & KISSES HAT & COWL > Red Heart® Soft®
- STARS & DIAMONDS AFGHAN & PILLOW > Caron® Simply Soft®
- ZIGZAGS & DIAMONDS AFGHAN & PILLOW > Caron® Simply Soft®
I love the bold geometric shapes and designs included for these 8 projects. I especially love the Zigzags & Diamonds Afghan and Pillow Set. I think making a pillow would be a great way to practice Fair Isle Crochet.
Would you like to win a eBook copy of Fair Isle Crochet Projects?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law. Void in Quebec.
Start Date: January 4, 2019; 12:00 am ET
End Date: January 11, 2019, 11:59 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free
Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here:
If you cannot see the Rafflecopter widget below, please click here to enter.
If you are not the lucky winner of the giveaway and you would like to purchase your own copy of Fair Isle Crochet Projects, you can get it directly from Leisure Arts:
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of Fair Isle Crochet Projects and for the giveaway copy for my readers!
@leisurearts @leisureartsinc #leisurearts #leisureartsinc #fairislecrochet #giveaway