Vests The Long & Short includes 7 easy to crochet patterns for vests.
[disclaimer]I received a copy of this book to review from Leisure Arts. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. This post includes affiliate links. If you purchase this book after you click on one of my affiliate links in the post, I will receive a small commission for referring you, at no additional cost to you.[/disclaimer]
Title: Vests the Long & Short
Author: Abbey Swanson
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., 2016
Photographer: Jason Masters
Vests The Long & Short includes patterns for all seasons. The 7 different designs are available in many sizes up to Extra Large. There is a wide range of styles included in this book too, some patterns are more lightweight and lacy (like the Starburst Duster) and other patterns are warmer and more fitted (like the Irish Mist). This collection of easy-to-crochet garments was designed by Abbey Swanson and is available from Leisure Arts.
The patterns included are:
- Fjord Lace. Light Weight  Yarn. Sizes: Small/Medium (34 inches) and Large/Extra Large (38 inches). Hooks: 4 mm (G) and 4.5 mm (7) depending on which size you are making
- Cherry Schwinn. Light Weight  Yarn. Sizes: Small (32 inches), Medium (36 inches), Large (41 inches) and Extra Large (45 inches). Hook: 5.5 mm (I)
- Irish Mist. Bulky Weight  Yarn. Sizes: Small (34 inches), Medium (36 inches), Large (38 inches) and Extra Large (40 inches). Hook: 8 mm (L)
- Cafe Au Lait Cable Wrap. Bulky Weight  Yarn. Small (32 inches), Medium (36 inches), Large (41 inches) and Extra Large (45 inches). Hook: 5.5 mm (I). Hook: 9 mm (M/N)
- Starburst Duster. Light Weight  Yarn. Sizes: Small/Medium (34 inches) and Large/Extra Large (38 inches). Hook: 4 mm (G)
- Tidal Wave. Light Weight  Yarn. Sizes Bottom Width: Small (16.5 inches), Medium (18 inches), Large (19.5 inches) and Extra Large (21 inches). Hook: 4 mm (G)
- Kaleidoscope. Light Weight  Yarn. Sizes: Extra Small (30 inches), Small (33 inches), Medium (36 inches), Large (40 inches) and Extra Large (44 inches). Hook: 4.5 mm (7), 5 mm (H) and 5.5 mm (I) depending on which size you are making
Each pattern, other than the Starburst Duster, is listed as an Easy Level Pattern. The Starburst Duster is listed as an Easy+ Level Pattern.
Each pattern is provided in written format using US Crochet Terms. Stitch counts are provided for each row and round, headings are in bold font and the instructions are spaced out nicely so they are easy-to-follow and it is easy to keep your place.
The instructions are shown in different colors for different sizes. This makes it easy to find the information for your size quickly.
- Size Small/Medium in Blue
- Size Large/Extra Large in Pink
Instructions in Black apply to both sizes.
Stitch counts have also been color coordinated for the different sizes. Schematics and placement diagrams are included where needed.
Each pattern includes it’s own Stitch Guide with written instructions for special stitches, including their abbreviations. Important notes are shown in sections with a different background color.
The book is 34 pages in total and available in eBook format ($7.99*) and as a paperback ($9.99*).
The General Instructions section includes the Crochet Abbreviations, Symbols & Terms.
Written explanations have been included for the following terms:
- Joining with Sc
- Joining with Dc
- Back Ridge (with diagram)
- Back or Front Loop Only (with diagram)
- Free Loops of a Chain (with diagram)
- Post Stitch (with diagram)
- Whipstitch (with diagrams)
- Mattress Stitch (with diagrams)
- Fringe (with diagrams)
You can see images of the other designs here: Vests the Long & Short
The Yarn Information section indicates which yarns were used to crochet the sample projects in the book.
- Fjord Lace: Patons® Grace™
- Cherry Schwinn: Patons® Astra™
- Irish Mist: Mary Maxim® Northland Yarns
- Cafe Au Lait Cable Wrap: Bernat® Roving™
- Starburst Duster: Patons® Silk Bamboo™
- Tidal Wave: Mary Maxim® Fresh
- Kaleidoscope: LB Collection® Superwash Merino
My favorite design is Cherry Schwinn. I love the scalloped edge and the collar on this design. I think it would be a flattering feminine vest to wear.
Would you like to win a eBook copy of Vests The Long & Short?
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law. Void in Quebec.
Start Date: September 6, 2018; 18:00 pm ET
End Date: September 15, 2018, 18:00 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here:
If you cannot see the Rafflecopter Giveaway Widget below, please click >HERE<
If you are not the lucky winner of the giveaway and you would like to purchase your own copy of Vests the Long & Short, you can get it directly from Leisure Arts:
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of Vests the Long & Short and for the giveaway copy for my readers!
*prices are subject to change*