This beginner friendly crochet book includes 63 different crochet pattern stitches. You can follow the instructions as written to make 63 different 7-inch afghan squares; or use the stitch multiples provided to use these stitches in projects of your own.
Title: 63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., 2000
Designer: Darla Sims
63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches
This beginner level crochet booklet includes 28 pages of written instruction for 63 different 7-inch afghan blocks.
You can create a stitch sampler afghan with these blocks, or use the instructions provided to apply the stitches to other projects.
At the beginning of this booklet, instructions are included to teach you how to use multiples. This will help you resize the stitches to create projects in different sizes.
The stitch patterns are written in US Crochet Terms. Color images of the 63-afghan squares are included from pages 10 to 17. Each square is assigned a number to make it easy to locate in the written instructions.
- Single Crochet, Half Double Crochet, Double Crochet, Treble Crochet, Front and Back Loop HDC, Trinity Stitch, Alternate Puff Stitch, Chevron Relief Stitch, Arch Stitch, Offset Cluster, Horizontal Relief Stitch;
- Open Ridge Stitch, Bushy Stitch, Seed Stitch, Afghan Square, Granny Square, Cluster Square, Woven Relief Stitch, Circle in a Square, Plain Square, Flower Square, Cross Stitch, Slant Stitch, Climbing Shells, Aligned Shells;
- Simple Shell Stitch, Block and Offset Shell Stitch, Boxed Shell Stitch, Alternate Spike SC, Eyelet Lace, Check Stitch, Aligned Cobble Stitch, Silt Stitch, V Stitch, Twin Stitch, Little Crowns, Popcorn Braid, Diagonal Popcorn, Popcorn Diamond, Fan Stitch, Fan and Popcorn, Fan Trellis, Puff Stitch, Cluster Braid;
- Crossed Ripple Stitch, Palm Leaves, Ripple Stitch, Raised Ripple Stitch, Lacy Wave Stitch, Picot Stitch, Star Stitch, Up and Down Stitch, Crossed Puff Stitch, Aligned Puff Stitch, Parallel Post Stitch, Snapdragon Stitch, Alternate Mesh Stitch, Soft Clusters, Clusters, Doubles, Rib Stitch, Basket Weave and Parallel Cables
More images are available here.
The General Instructions are included beginning on page 1. You will find common abbreviations used, information about gauge, blocking, multiples and finishing included in this section.
Basic Stitch Guide:
The Basic Stitch Guide is provided beginning on page 2 and includes written instructions and diagrams. The following stitches and techniques are included:
- Working into the chain
- Single Crochet
- Half Double Crochet
- Double Crochet
- Treble Crochet
- Front or Back Loop Only
- Post Stitch
- Front Post Double Crochet
- Back Post Double Crochet
- Front Post Half Double Crochet
- Puff Stitch
The instructions to make and assemble a Sampler Afghan begin on page 5. The sampler afghan measures approximately 59 inches X 75 inches and is crocheted with Medium Weight Yarn  and a 5 mm (G) hook. A assembly chart is included to help you with the placement of your squares based on the number of the stitch pattern.
Finishing Edging instructions are included, as well as, how to assemble your afghan and add the final border.
This book is an easy way to master 63 different pattern stitches. Each stitch pattern is provided to allow you to create a 7 inch X 7 inch afghan square. When you are finished you can assemble those squares into a completed afghan.
Alternately, you can browse through the images included of all 63-squares to pick and choose some of your favorites and then use those stitches in crochet projects and designs of your own. The stitch multiples are included to make this possible.
Would you like to win an eBook copy of 63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Void in Quebec.
Start Date: July 4, 2020; 12:00 am ET
End Date: July 18, 2020, 11:59 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here: LeisureArts.com
If you can’t see the Rafflecopter widget below, please click >HERE< to enter.a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you are not the lucky winner of the giveaway and you would like to purchase your own copy of 63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches directly from Leisure Arts.
Check out my other Leisure Arts Reviews >HERE<
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of 63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches and for the giveaway copy for my readers!