Oversized Sweaters includes 6 crochet patterns for comfortable sweaters, ranging in size from small to 2XL. These pretty designs are easy to crochet and perfect for Autumn.
Title: Oversized Sweaters
Author: Melissa Leapman
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., March 1, 2019
There is something about being cozy in an over-sized sweater that makes me think of Autumn.
In Oversized Sweaters, Melissa Leapman has designed 6 easy-level patterns for oversized hoodies, tunics, pullovers, ponchos, and jackets.
Four of the designs are crocheted in Medium Weight Yarn  and 2 of the designs are crocheted in Bulky Weight Yarn .
Four of the designs are available in sizes small to 2XL and the 2 other designs are ‘one size fits most’.
These sweaters are crocheted using simple stitches and assembled using easy techniques.
The stitches used:
- Single Crochet
- Half Double Crochet
- Double Crochet
- Front Post Double Crochet
- Back Post Double Crochet
- Striped Tunic – EASY – Bulky Weight Yarn  – 8 mm (L) hook – Sizes: S, M, L, 1X, 2X
- Misty Hoodie – EASY – Medium Weight Yarn  – 6.5 mm (K) hook – Sizes: S, M, L, 1X, 2X
- Black & Strappy – EASY – Bulky Weight Yarn  – 8 mm (L) hook – Sizes: S, M, L, 1X, 2X
- Slouchy Pullover – EASY – Medium Weight Yarn  – 6 mm (J) hook – Sizes: S, M, L, 1X, 2X
- Playful Poncho – EASY – Medium Weight Yarn  – 6 mm (J) hook – Sizes: One Size Fits Most
- Unconstructed Jacket – EASY -Medium Weight Yarn  – 8 mm (L) hook – Sizes: One Size Fits Most
Each pattern is in American Crochet Terms. The instructions are written out in full and the stitch counts are provided for all sizes. The instructions for each size are included in a different color to make it easier to locate the information for the size you are crocheting.
• size Small in Blue
• size Medium in Pink
• size Large in Green
• size 1X in Red
• size 2X in Navy
Instructions that apply to all sizes will be in black.
If a special stitch is being used in the pattern (i.e. V-Stitch), the written instructions for it will be included in the individual Pattern’s Stitch Guide after the Gauge information.
Each pattern also includes a schematic with specific measurements for each size.
The Yarn Used to Create these Projects
- Red Heart® Dreamy™ (STRIPED TUNIC)
- Red Heart® Unforgettable™ (MISTY HOODIE)
- Lion’s Pride® Woolspun® (BLACK & STRAPPY)
- Lion Brand® Jeans® (SLOUCHY PULLOVER; PLAYFUL PONCHO)
- Lion Brand® Wool-Ease® (UNCONSTRUCTED JACKET)
Abbreviations, symbols and terms are included on page 40. Information has been included about gauge, zeros and how to whipstitch (including diagrams).
I love oversized sweaters and the designs in this book are classic and beautiful. My favorites are the Playful Poncho and the Unconstructed Jacket.
Would you like to win an eBook copy of Oversized Sweaters?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Void in Quebec.
Start Date: August 6, 2019; 12:00 am ET
End Date: August 13, 2019, 11:59 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here:
If you can’t see the Rafflecopter widget below, please click >HERE< to enter.
If you are not the lucky winner of the giveaway and you would like to purchase your own copy of Oversized Sweaters directly from Leisure Arts:
Check out my other Leisure Arts Reviews >HERE<
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of Oversized Sweaters! and for the giveaway copy for my readers!