30 Gorgeous Afghan Block Patterns
If you love to crochet blankets with granny squares and afghan squares, these thirty free 12 inch afghan block patterns are some you will want to add to your to-do list.
Each square can be made using worsted weight yarn (and the specified hook) to create a 12″ square; or you can use DK weight yarn and a 4.00 mm hook to make them into beautiful 8″ squares.
These first 10 lovely squares are part of the Block-a-Week CAL taking place with Official CCC Group on Facebook. These lovely blocks were all crocheted by Dedri Uys (Look at What I Made) and she has provided detailed Photo Tutorials to show you how they were created (with permission from the original Designers of course!).
This week’s FCPF (Free Crochet Pattern Friday) Category is: Crochet Afghan Blocks (12″ x 12″)
I hope you enjoy these free pattern links!
30 Free Gorgeous Afghan Block Crochet Patterns
For assistance making the sizes larger Dedri has also written this post: Optional Additional Rounds.
Each link below takes you directly to Dedri’s gorgeous photo tutorial for the square – within her post you will also find the link to take you to the original written patterns 🙂 Dedri’s tutorials are not the complete pattern – you will need to get the free patterns from the original Designers (links are included in her tutorial posts) and then use them with Dedri’s tutorials!
Share this post with your friends:
1. Winter Dream – April Moreland (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
2. Mandala Crochet Square – Chris Simon (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
3. Crown Jewels – Melinda Miller (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
4. Addie Square – Melissa Green (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
5. Anticipation Mystery Square – Margaret MacInnis (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
6. Water Lily Crochet Square – Julie Yeager (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
7. Never Ending Love – Aurora Suominen (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
8. Embracing Variety – Aurora Suominen and Ivory Herman (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
9. Prince Protea Square – Virginia Burrow and Dedri Uys – (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
10. May Pole – Shan Sevcik (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
11. Purifying Puritans 12″ Afghan Block/Tutorial by Margaret MacInnis
12. Crocodile Stitch Afghan Block – Dahlia by Joyce Lewis
13. In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Lion 9″-12″ Afghan Block by Margaret MacInnis (read notes at link for coupon code)
14. Holiday Ornament Afghan Square by Julie Yeager This pattern is now available for purchase. 15. Eight Pointed Flower by Julie Yeager This pattern is now available for purchase.
16. Veronica’s Rose by Melissa Green
17. Dragonflies Around 12″ Square by Aurora Suominen
18. PFC32 Free 12″ Granny Square Crochet Pattern by Patternsfor Designs
19. Magic Spike Mandala Square – 12″ by Tamara Kelly
20. Awareness Ribbon Square 8″ or 12″ by Carolyn VanOstran
21. Squares Squared: 12″ Block & Custom Blanket by Tamara Kelly
22. Waldo’s Puzzle by Chris Simon
23. Dream Catcher by Sherry Welch
24. Center Heart Square by Ginger Badger
25. Popin Square by Melissa Green
26. Mum’s the Word Square by April Moreland
27. Squaring the Big Circle by Kate Jenks
28. A Caterpillar Life by Jacqui Goulbourn
29. Kata by Penny Davidson
30. Miss Ineeda Clue’s Matchmaker by Donna Kay Lacey no longer free
Visit this link to browse through more Free Crochet Pattern Friday Posts.
You may also enjoy these patterns and posts:
- Hidden Sanctuary Afghan Square
- Guiding Light Afghan Square
- Free Afghan Square Crochet Patterns
- Super Cool Free Afghan Square Patterns
- Madison Afghan Square Pattern
#granny, #grannysquares #grannysquareday
Hi Sharon, Thank you! I’ve updated the post. Only for block 13 there is a coupon code still listed in the notes bit on Ravelry and I tried adding it to my cart and using the coupon code and it seems to still be working. So you may be able to get that one for free still. Best, Rhondda
blocks 13 and 30 are no longer free
You are very welcome! I’m sorry 2 of them are now no longer free – that sometimes happens 🙁 I will add a note that they are no longer free. Thank you for letting me know!
All the best, Rhondda
thank you so much for those blocks…two of them are not free…which is okay with me…I have been looking for 12″ block to make a blanket out of it…and this came…thank you so much…
Hi Ruby 🙂 not all 30 but if you like the ones in the image itself Dedri has many more where that came from 🙂 She is participating in a CAL and all the pattern tutorials and links are here: https://lookatwhatimade.net/crafts/yarn/crochet/block-a-week-cal-2014/block-week-cal-2014/
It would be fantastic to have it as a published PDF – but with so many Designers involved it would be hard to get permission to do so.
Have a lovely weekend 🙂
Hi sweetie , love your site. Is there all of the blocks together in one pdf or doc somewhere? I ask not out of laziness but expediency I have to use my phone for internet and pattern downloads.thanks in advance 🙂