If you love to crochet blankets with granny squares and afghan squares, these thirty free 12 inch afghan block patterns are some you will want to add to your to-do list.
Each square can be made using worsted weight yarn (and the specified hook) to create a 12″ square; or you can use DK weight yarn and a 4.00 mm hook to make them into beautiful 8″ squares.
These first 10 lovely squares are part of the Block-a-Week CAL taking place with Official CCC Group on Facebook. These lovely blocks were all crocheted by Dedri Uys (Look at What I Made) and she has provided detailed Photo Tutorials to show you how they were created (with permission from the original Designers of course!).
This week’s FCPF (Free Crochet Pattern Friday) Category is: Crochet Afghan Blocks (12″ x 12″)
I hope you enjoy these free pattern links!
30 Free Gorgeous Afghan Block Crochet Patterns
For assistance making the sizes larger Dedri has also written this post: Optional Additional Rounds.
Each link below takes you directly to Dedri’s gorgeous photo tutorial for the square – within her post you will also find the link to take you to the original written patterns 🙂 Dedri’s tutorials are not the complete pattern – you will need to get the free patterns from the original Designers (links are included in her tutorial posts) and then use them with Dedri’s tutorials!
Share this post with your friends:
- Winter Dream – April Moreland (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
- Mandala Crochet Square – Chris Simon (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
- Crown Jewels – Melinda Miller (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
- Addie Square – Melissa Green (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
- Anticipation Mystery Square – Margaret MacInnis (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
- Water Lily Crochet Square – Julie Yeager (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
- Never Ending Love – Aurora Suominen (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
- Embracing Variety – Aurora Suominen and Ivory Herman (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
- Prince Protea Square – Virginia Burrow and Dedri Uys – (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
- May Pole – Shan Sevcik (Photo & Tutorial Credit: Dedri Uys)
- Purifying Puritans 12″ Afghan Block/Tutorial by Margaret MacInnis
- Crocodile Stitch Afghan Block – Dahlia by Joyce Lewis
- Don’t Blink Granny Square by Rhondda Mol
- Garden Gables Crochet Square Pattern by Kim Guzman
- Madison Afghan Square by Rhondda Mol
- Veronica’s Rose by Melissa Green
- Dragonflies Around 12″ Square by Aurora Suominen
- PFC32 Free 12″ Granny Square Crochet Pattern by Patternsfor Designs
- Magic Spike Mandala Square – 12″ by Tamara Kelly
- Awareness Ribbon Square 8″ or 12″ by Carolyn VanOstran
- Squares Squared: 12″ Block & Custom Blanket by Tamara Kelly
- Waldo’s Puzzle by Chris Simon
- Dream Catcher by Sherry Welch
- Center Heart Square by Ginger Badger
- Popin Square by Melissa Green
- Mum’s the Word Square by April Moreland
- Squaring the Big Circle by Kate Jenks
- A Caterpillar Life by Jacqui Goulbourn
- Kata by Penny Davidson
- Winter Bloom Afghan Square by Danyel Pink
Visit this link to browse through more Free Crochet Pattern Friday Posts.
You may also enjoy these patterns and posts:
- Hidden Sanctuary Afghan Square
- Guiding Light Afghan Square
- Free Afghan Square Crochet Patterns
- Super Cool Free Afghan Square Patterns
- Madison Afghan Square Pattern
#granny, #grannysquares #grannysquareday