Cool Cats includes 14 Crochet Cat Projects. You will find patterns for adorable amigurumi cats, to kitty inspired home décor projects like blankets and pillows.
Title: Cool Cats
Designer: Kristi Simpson
Photographer: Jason Masters
ISBN: 9781464779374 Pages: 64
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., 2020
Cool Cats includes 14 crochet projects on a cat theme. Each crochet cat pattern includes an introduction to the real life kitty the project was created after.
All patterns included in Cool Cats are rated as a BEGINNER skill level.
I believe some of the patterns might be on the challenging side for new crocheters (Beginners) because there is colorwork (mid-row) and shaping used in several of the amigurumi designs. Assembly is also required for some of the projects, including the Blanket.
14 Crochet Cat Patterns
- Whispurr | Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 10.5 inches tall
- Hideaway Cat House | Super Bulky Weight Yarn  | 6.5 mm (K) hook | 14 inches diameter X 8.5 inches tall
- Ziggy the Applique | Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook and 4 mm (G) hook | Applique: 4 inches X 3.5 inches; Mat: 9 inches square
- Iva the Cat Rug | Medium Weight Yarn  and Bulky Weight Yarn  | 5 mm (H) hook and 6.5 mm (K) hook | 28 inches diameter
- Rollie Pollie Otis | Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 7 inches X 5.5 inches
- Andrew | Bulky Weight Yarn  | 5.5 mm (I) hook | 14 inches tall (when seated)
- Hutch | Super Bulky Weight Yarn  and Medium Weight Yarn  | 9 mm (M/N) hook and 3.75 mm (F) hook | 15 inches tall
- Peaches | Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 5.5 inches tall
- Pickles the Calico | Medium Weight Yarn  | 4.5 mm (7) hook | 18 inches tall (including legs)
- Kiki Pillow | Medium Weight Yarn  | 5 mm (H) hook | 14 inches X 14 inches
- Pouncer | Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 9.5 inches long
- Blanket | Medium Weight Yarn  | 6 mm (J) hook | 40 inches X 60 inches
- Cuddles the Curtain Tie | Medium Weight Yarn  | 3.75 mm (F) hook | 9 inches tall (not including legs)
- Snuggles | Bulky Weight Yarn  | 5.5 mm (I) hook | 10 inches long
Take a closer look at the projects you can make here: Cool Cats
The General Instructions section of the eBook, begins on page 60. Explanations and diagrams (where needed) are provided for the following stitches and techniques:
- Joining with sc
- Back Ridge of a Chain
- Back Loops Only
- Free Loops of a Chain
- Working in Space Before a Stitch
- Reverse Single Crochet
- Weave Thru Stitches
- Embroidery Stitches
The yarns used to create these adorable cat crochet projects were:
- Red Heart® Amore™
- Red Heart® Soft®
- Red Heart® Hygge™
- Lion Brand® Vanna’s Choice®
- Patons® Classic Wool Worsted™
- Premier® Anti-Pilling Everyday®Worsted
- Premier® Anti-Pilling Bamboo Chunky
- Lion Brand® Go For Faux™
- Lion Brand® Wool-Ease®
- Lion Brand® Jeans® Colors
- Lion Brand® Feels Like Butta
- Patons® Classic Wool Roving™
- Lion Brand® Touch of Alpaca™
My favorite kitties are Snuggles, Pouncer and Peaches in Cool Cats.
Which kitty is your favorite? You can see all the crocheted cats here.
Would you like to win an eBook copy of Cool Cats?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Void in Quebec.
Start Date: May 1, 2021; 12:00 am ET
End Date: May 15, 2021, 11:59 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here: LeisureArts.com
If you can’t see the Rafflecopter widget below, please click >HERE< to enter.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Check out my other Leisure Arts Reviews >HERE<
Buy your own copy of Cool Cats >HERE<
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of Cool Cats and for the giveaway copy for my readers!
*Giveaway is for 1 digital eBook PDF only*