Now let’s use up the rest of last week’s ball of yarn! This Warm and Toasty Winter Hat pattern is very easy to crochet and it is worked from the top of the head (crown) to the brim of the hat (forehead).
If you share your finished hat on Instagram, share it with #ODCMakers so I can see it too! I check for this hashtag frequently and add the finished projects you tag to my Instagram Stories!
If you missed our October Scarf patterns, which we released last Sunday, please visit last week’s post to get your 3 free scarf patterns.
Be sure to visit each of our sites to get your coupon codes to receive free PDF copies of our 3 November Hat Patterns. Remember, the PDF coupons are only available for 24-hours!
Look for this Button in our Posts:
If you miss the free PDF pattern, don’t worry because the patterns will always be available for free in our posts online.
If you still want the PDF copy and missed the CAL coupon, you can get a copy from my Ravelry Shop for 50% off (coupon expires December 15, 2020 at 11:59 pm ET) using coupon code WARM50
For the 2020 Scarf and Hat of the Month Club CAL posts that are already available please visit my introduction post here: Announcing the CAL
For my previous Scarf of the Month Club CAL patterns visit these posts:
November 2020 Hat of the Month Club CAL Patterns
- Mulberry Wine Earwarmer Pattern Visit: Amy at The Stitchin’ Mommy
- Warm and Toasty Winter Hat Pattern Visit: Rhondda at Oombawka Design (scroll to the bottom of this post!)
- Sonic Waves Slouch Beanie Pattern Visit: Marie Segares at Underground Crafter
Warm and Toasty Winter Hat Pattern
PIN this pattern for later here
Favorite this pattern on Ravelry here
Get the PDF for FREE today (November 22-23rd, 2020) from my Ravelry Shop!
Don’t forget to enter the Coupon Code
to get the PDF for free.
Link to Ravelry: https://www.ravelry.com/redeem/oombawka-design?code=WARMWINTER2020
Double check your total is showing free $0.00 owing
and click “checkout now“.
Refunds will not be given for improperly applied or forgotten coupons.
If you have trouble making the coupon code work please contact me before you pay so I can help!
Access the full written pattern in the blog post below for FREE.
- Yarn: Bernat Toasty from Michaels. 7.9 oz (225 g) and 285 yds (261 m). 93% Acrylic and 7% Nylon. Bulky Weight Yarn . Machine wash in water (not exceeding 104 F/40 C). Do not bleach. Tumble dry on low heat, at delicate setting. Do not iron. Do not dry clean.
- Colors: 1 skein Fire Side
- Hook: 6 mm (J). I used this hook. ( save 15% at Furls with code: ODC15 )
- Finished Project Yardage: Hat: (2.6 oz) 72 g / 92 yds (84 m)
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, Stitch Marker
To fit 22-24-inch head circumference (Adult)
Approximately 2 rows per inch and 2 sc per inch
You can substitute any yarn and hook for this stitch pattern – just remember when you substitute if your gauge is different, the finished size, and amount of yarn used for your project will also be different.
US Terminology used
3-dc bobble stitch
beg – beginning
BL – back loop
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
DMR – double magic ring
hdc – half double crochet
R – round
rem – remaining
rep – repeat
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
sl st – slip stitch
st/sts – stitch/stitches
* to **– Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated. This repeat will contain multiple instructions.
 – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches
3-dc bobble stitch
*Yarn over, insert hook into the specified stitch, yarn over and pull up 1 loop, yarn over and pull through 2 loops**. Rep from * to ** 3 times. Yarn over and pull through the rem 4 loops to complete the stitch.
- Stitch multiple is 2
Warm and Toasty Winter Hat Pattern Instructions
To fit 22-24 inch head circumference. Hat height approximately 9-inches.
The hat is crocheted from the top-down in continuous rounds.
Using your 6 mm (J) hook (or size required for gauge):
R1: DMR: 6 sc. [6 sc]
R2: 2 sc in each st around. [12 sc]
R3: *2 sc in the next st, 1 sc in the next st**. Rep from * to ** around. [18 sc]
R4: *2 sc in the next st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts**. Rep from * to ** around. [24 sc]
R5: *2 sc in the next st, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts**. Rep from * to ** around. [30 sc]
R6: *2 sc in the next st, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts**. Rep from * to ** around. [36 sc]
R7: *2 sc in the next st, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts**. Rep from * to ** around. [42 sc]
R8-R11: 1 sc in each st around. [42 sc]
R12: *3-dc bobble in the next st, 1 hdc in the next st**. Rep from * to ** around. Sl st to the first st to join. [21 3-dc bobble, 21 hdc]
R13: Ch 1, 1 sc in each st around. [42 sc]
R14: 1 sc in each st around. [42 sc]
R15-R17: Rep R12-R14
R18-R20: Rep R12-R14
R21-R22: 1 sc in the BL of each st around.
Finish off with an invisible join and weave in any rem yarn ends.
- If you would like to share your progress, please feel free to add your Ravelry Project Pages for each of the scarves you make!
- Each pattern post will include a specific pattern link to Ravelry so you can add your own project.
- Learn how to add projects to Ravelry here.
- We would also love to see your projects on Instagram!
- Tag us on Instagram at @thestitchinmommy and/or @oombawkadesigncrochet and use the hashtag #ScarfHatoftheMonthClub2020 to share your progress with us.
- If you’re on Facebook, check out our Crochet With Us Group and The Stitchin’ Mommy Crochet Community.
- You can feel free to share your progress, ask questions, and get help with the patterns from this CAL in our chat-friendly groups.
If you would like to be notified when the new free scarf patterns are published, you can sign up for our FREE monthly newsletter here:
Please note, if you signed up for last year’s CAL but want to receive the emails for this year’s CAL, please sign up again using the form above as we are starting with a new list.
We hope you join us later this month for the first three scarf and hat patterns of 2020!
Happy Crocheting 🙂
@ucrafter @thestitchinmommy @oombawkadesigncrochet #ODCMakers #crochethat #crochetbeanie #crochet #hatpattern #freecrochetpattern #beginnerfriendly #beginnercrochet #scarfhatofthemonthclub2020 #freepatterns #crochet #CAL #crochetalong #2020CAL #makeitwithmichaels #yarnspirations #furlscrochet #ODCMakers #bernat