Learn new crochet techniques and stitches while you whip up these 8 easy to crochet rucksack and backpack patterns!
Title: Rucksacks & Backpacks
Author: Kristi Simpson
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., 2017
Photographer: Jason Masters
These 8 Rucksacks and Backpacks are crocheted with Medium Weight Yarn . When you make these crocheted bags and totes, you will learn new stitches like the split single crochet stitch, linked double crochet stitch and modified single crochet stitch. One backpack even uses the broomstick lace technique.
Each crocheted bag pattern includes its own stitch guide for special stitches. The stitch terms are provided, the abbreviations and the written descriptions. Some stitches also include diagrams to demonstrate how to make the stitches.
Some of the designs use additional supplies, like leather purse straps, large buttons, shank buttons and straight knitting needles (for the broomstick lace technique you work around the 15 mm (Size 19) Knitting needles and you will need 3 of them).
- Aztec Tote | 27.75 inches circumference X 9 inches high X 4 inches deep | 6 mm (J) hook |includes a Color Chart | worked in rounds
- Mandala Bag | 22.75 inches circumference X 10.25 inches high X 2.5 inches deep | 5 mm (H) hook | worked in rounds
- Broomstick Backpack | 38.5 inches circumference X 8.5 inches deep X 9 inches high | 5 mm (H) hook | worked in rounds
- Chevron Bag | 10.5 inches wide X 13.75 inches high | 5 mm (H) hook | worked in rows
- Mod Satchel | 12 inches wide X 7.25 inches high X 4.75 inches deep | 5 mm (H) hook| worked in rows
- Nantucket Creel Backpack | 30.75 inches circumference X 10 inches high X 7.75 inches deep |4.5 mm (7) hook |worked in rounds
- XOXO Tote | 33.25 inches circumference X 10.5 inches high X 5.5 inches deep | 6 mm (J) hook | includes a Color Chart | worked in rounds
- Granny Square Sling Tote | 16 inches wide X 17 inches high | 6 mm (J) hook | worked in rounds
More images are available here.
Of the eight included projects, my 2 favorites are the Nantucket Creel Backpack and the Aztec Tote. Which is your favorite?
The General Instructions are included beginning on page 28. You will find common abbreviations used, symbols and terms and the following crochet terms with diagrams and definitions.
- Joining with sc
- Back Ridge
- Free Loops of a Chain
- Back or Front Loop Only
- Working in Space Before a Stitch
- Reverse Single Crochet
The Yarn Information is included on page 32.
- Caron® Simply Soft®
- Premier Yarns® Deborah Norville Everyday® Soft Worsted
- Premier Yarns® DIY Grandient Yarn
- Red Heart® Soft®
- Red Heart® With Love®
- Lion Brand® Heartland®
- Lion Brand® Vanna’s Choice®
These practical and easy to crochet projects will come in handy to store your WIPs (works in progress) and to carry your yarn purchases back from the store!
Would you like to win an eBook copy of Rucksacks and Backpacks?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Void in Quebec.
Start Date: February 1, 2020; 12:00 am ET
End Date: February 8, 2020, 11:59 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here: LeisureArts.com
If you can’t see the Rafflecopter widget below, please click >HERE< to enter.
If you are not the lucky winner of the giveaway and you would like to purchase your own copy of Rucksacks and Backpacks directly from Leisure Arts:
Check out my other Leisure Arts Reviews >HERE<
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of Rucksacks and Backpacks and for the giveaway copy for my readers!