Easy to construct, these 6 crochet patterns for Shrugs and Boleros are mostly worked flat! If you have been wanting to try to crochet a garment, then this is a good place to begin.
Title: Shrugs & Boleros
Author: Abbey Swanson
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., May 3, 2017
The 6 patterns included in Shrugs & Boleros are listed as easy-to-crochet projects.
With exception to Lilacs in May, the main component (the body) of each of these projects is worked back-and-forth in rows, before being seamed into shape.
Three of the patterns are available as “One Size Fits Most” and three of the patterns include sizes small, medium and large. Only the one pattern (Ice Storm) gives us the exact finished size measurements.
6 Crochet Patterns Included
- Ice Storm – EASY – Sizes: Small, Medium & Large; Yarn: Light Weight ; Hook: 5 mm (H)
Small: 14 inches high X 35 inches circumference, Medium: 14 inches high X 36.75 inches circumference and Large: 14 inches high X 38.5 inches circumference.
- Bonfire Shrug – EASY – Sizes: Small, Medium & Large; Yarn: Fine Weight ; Hook: 5 mm (H)
- Lilacs in May – EASY – Size: One Size Fits Most; Yarn: Light Weight ; Hook: 5 mm (H)
- Summery Silk Shrug – EASY – Size: One Size Fits Most; Yarn: Light Weight ; Hook: 4.5 mm (7)
- Azure Dream – EASY – Sizes: Small, Medium & Large; Yarn: Light Weight ; Hook: 4.5 mm (7)
- Trellis Shrug – EASY – Size: One Size Fits Most; Yarn: Bulky Weight ; Hook: 6 mm (J)
Each pattern is in American Crochet Terms. The instructions are written out in full and the stitch counts are provided for all sizes. The instructions for each size are included in a different color to make it easier to locate the information for the size you are crocheting.
• size Small in Blue
• size Medium in Pink
• size Large in Green
Instructions that apply to all sizes will be in black.
If a special stitch is being used in the pattern (i.e. Front Post Treble Crochet), the written instructions for it will be included in the individual Pattern’s Stitch Guide after the Gauge information.
The Yarn Used to Create these Projects
- Mary Maxim® Prism: #2013 Seascape (Ice Storm)
- LB Collection® Silk: #202 Pegasus (Bonfire Shrug)
- LB Collection® Superwash Merino: Off White – #098 Antique, Lavender – #146 Wisteria, Berry – #141 Wild Berry & Mauve – #145 Eggplant (Lilacs in May)
- Patons® Silk Bamboo™: Grey – #85046 Stone, Gold – #85607 Saffron & Blue – #85219 Sea (Summery Silk Shrug)
- LB Collection® Cotton Bamboo: Ecru – #098 Magnolia & Blue – #107 Hyacinth (Azure Dream)
- Patons® Shetland Chunky™: #78008 Aran
Abbreviations, symbols and terms are included on page 25. You will find important information about gauge and crochet terms in this section too.
Crochet Terms Included
- Joining with a single crochet
- Joining with a double crochet
- Back or Front Loops only
- Free Loops of a chain
- Changing Colors
I really like the designs in this book. I wish it included the finished sizes for each shrug and bolero, rather than ‘one size fits most’ and small, medium and large.
My favorite designs in the book are Summery Silk Shrug and Azure Dream. Which design is your favorite?
Would you like to win an eBook copy of Shrugs & Boleros?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Void in Quebec.
Start Date: September 3, 2019; 12:00 am ET
End Date: September 10, 2019, 11:59 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here:
If you can’t see the Rafflecopter widget below, please click >HERE< to enter.
If you are not the lucky winner of the giveaway and you would like to purchase your own copy of Shrugs & Boleros, it is available from Leisure Arts:
Check out my other Leisure Arts Reviews >HERE<
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of Shrugs & Boleros! and for the giveaway copy for my readers!